- Text Size +
A.N.: Well, I'm back - despite the lack of reviews. But, I understand y'all got finals & stuff this time of year. Also understand that some of yah are already on summer vacation. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J., & Marcus own themselves, as does Bob. Thank-you. Note: Song is Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys.

If theres one thing I believe I believe I will see you somewhere down the road again

Tesia unhooked her puppies from their leashes after closing the front door behind them. She then hung the leashes up, and decided to go see what her brother was up to now.

A.J. was downstairs playing pool with Marcus, as Paris kept score for them - there'd be no cheating this way. He smiled when he looked up and spotted his litle sister standing in the doorway watching them.

Tesia had been watching them play silently, and smiled slightly when she saw her brother look up and flash her a smile.

"Whose winnin'?" She asked softly, entering the room quietly. Normally, she was loud and rambunctious.

"Me," Marcus grinned.

"Yeah. Only 'cause he's cheatin'," A.J. piped up. "Come watch T. You can tell me whose really winning then. I think he's paid Paris to say he's winning."

Tesia gave a small laugh. "I'ma say Marcus' winnin'," she told her brother. "'Cause he's scarier 'en you, an' 'cause he's hot."

"Hey!" A.J. pouts. "Not fair! I'm hot too!"

"Maybe," Tesia smiles secretively. "But you'll never knows."

A.J. lets his jaw drop open. "You - You! Aha hahaha!"

Tesia's eyes went wide and she screeched as he chased her about the room. "JAY! DON'TS!"

A.J. soon managed to grab hold of her, and began to tickle her mercilessly.

"Aha hahahaha!" Tesia laughed. "JAY!"

A.J. smirks. "Now, whose winning Baby T.? Huh? Who?"

"MARCUS!" Tesia yelled out through giggles.

"Ah! As if!" A.J. says, still tickling her like crazy.

Tesia shrieked with laughter, as she squirmed about in her brother's arms. They were both still standing, so he was basically holding her up as well as tickling her endlessly.

Marcus and Paris smiled and laughed as they watched the two mess around, totally forgetting the pool game that had been going on.

Never Gone, never far in my heart is where you are Always close, everyday, every step along the way Even though for now we've got to say goodbye I know you will be forever in my life (Yeah) Never gone (no no no no no)

Eight-year-old Tesia lay asleep in her bed, caught up in yet another nightmare. She awoke, screaming like crazy.

"DADDY!" She screamed. "DADDY!"

Bob came flying into the room, looking anything but amused.

"WHAT!?!" He roared.

Tesia stopped her screaming and began to whimper, as tears streamed down her small, scared face.

"Sorry," she managed to choke out.

Bob sighed heavily, and came over to sit on the side of her bed, after closing the door behind him.

"What's wrong, Tesia?"

"I-I hads a nightmare," she admitted sheepisly. "I'm sorry..."

Bob reached over and moved a strand of hair out of her eyes. "What about this time?"

"J. didn'ts loves me no more, an'-an' you lefts me for goods an' never cames to sees me ats all!"

Bob rubbed her face softly, with his calloused hand - a hand that was usually spanking the child's bottom good and hard.

"Tesia, your brother loves you very much," he assured her. "He's forever calling, though we never pick up the phone. But, when I do pick it up to yell at him, he asks how you are."

"Why can'ts I talks to him, Daddy?"

"Your mother would find out and you'd be in lots and lots of trouble, Tesia. Trouble I wouldn't be able to get you out of. You know Daddy's only mean because he has to be."

"Why can'ts I lives withs J.? Thens Mommy couldn'ts be mean an' makes you mean."

"Because I would miss you too much. I love you and want you close by, so that I can see you when I am home."

"Buts you always yells an' sends me up here," Tesia reminded him softly.

"Because I have to, Tesia. I don't always want to, but I have to, to keep you safe."

"Thens why can'ts we leaves, Daddy?"

"Because I love your Mommy," Bob answered gently.

Tesia sighed heavily, as she reached up to rub at her eyes with her one fist. "Buts she's mean."

"I know, Baby. I know," Bob nodded.

Tesia moved to crawl into his lap, and snuggled into him, when she realized he wasn't going to yell at her for it.

Bob hugged her close and kissed her head. He rocked her for a bit, comforting her as best he could without having to speak too much. If they made too much noise they would be found, and his little girl would be as good as dead.

After a while, Tesia fell asleep in her Daddy's arms, snuggled up close to him.

Once he was sure she was asleep, Bob kissed her head once more, and spoke softly.

"Tesia, always remember, though I may never get another chance to say it again, I love you. I always will, Baby."

Bob then placed his sleeping daughter back into her bed and tucked her in. He then headed for the door, and paused a moment to listen to her snore softly. He then walked out the door, closing and locking it behind him - he'd unlock it for her in the morning after her mother had left.