- Text Size +
A.N.: So sorry I took so long to update! I honestly forgot about this last bit! Enjoy! Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J., & Bob own themselves, as does Marcus & Paris. Thank-you. Note: Song is Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys.
Never Gone, never far in my heart is where you are Always close, everyday, every step along the way Even though for now we've got to say goodbye I know you will be forever in my life (Yeah) Never gone (no no no no no)

Nine-year-old Tesia looked back, as she walked back into the house. Her father had to go away on a business trip and had no choice but to leave her behind with her mother. He'd ordered her to stay outside for as long as she possibly could.

"Why do I gotta stays outside?" Tesia wondered aloud softly. "I'm never alloweds outside."

Tesia sat in the grass by the end of their driveway, playing with a bouncy ball her father had given her before he'd gotten into his car. She wasn't bouncing it high though, as then her mother would spot it and take it away from her for good. She'd also be in a whole whack of trouble for playing, like all the other kids on the street got to.

"Boing, boing, boing," Tesia said to herself over and overas she bounced her ball. "Wish I could 'boing' you higher."

She sat there for quite a while, until a delivery truck pulled up and a man got out.

"Are you Tesia McLean?" He asked.

"Yes," Tesia answered cautiously. "Why?'

The man didn't reply, as he rooted about in the back of the van.

"This is for you then," he stated a few moments later.

Tesia looked at him wide-eyed as she accepted the single white rose, with a card attached to it.

"Huh? How comes I'm gettin' a flower?"

"Read the card, Kid," the man answered, before getting back into his truck and driving off.

Tesia frowned as she hid behind a bush, and opened up the little card.

To Tesia, My favourite little girl who always brings a smile to my face - though I never let her know it. Love, Daddy xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Tesia smiled as she read the card. She then looked at the flower again, and brought it to her nose to smell it. She took a deep breath, and breathed it's lovely scent in.

"Daddy's smart," she thought. "He knows I likes flowers."

It was true. Her Daddy was a smart man - when it came to herand flowers anyway. He knew her well enough, to know that the white roses were her absolute favourite - as were yellow tulips - but the white roses especially.

"Thank-you, Daddy," Tesia whispered to the air and nature around her. "I loves my flower."

And luckily for her, she never got caught with it either - she was also able to sneak him a hug of thanks once he'd returned from his trip two days later.