- Text Size +
Chapter Two:


“Get up stranger!” the Droid ordered Chaba strictly.

“Why? I have done nothing wrong!” said Chaba in a slight vicious tone.

“Don’t argue with me. Get up, or I will shoot.”

The Droid raised the gun a little higher. Chaba slowly moved off the bench and grabbed his bag. He swung it behind his shoulder and held it against his back.

“Now follow me! The Queen wishes to see you!” the Droid said, moving away from Chaba. Chaba followed him slowly, confusion spreading his mind. What was this about? It wasn’t illegal to sleep on a bench was it? And if it was, why would the Queen want to see him just for this slight little mistake he made. He voiced his thoughts.

“Excuse me?” he said, catching up with the Droid and now walking beside him. “Why does the Queen want to see me?”

The Droid never answered. Chaba saw it pointless in asking him twice. They were now heading for the entrance. They walked on the path between the two beautiful gardens. Then they finally reached golden double doors. The knobs were sterling silver. And a pretty pattern was decorated across the golden doors. There was a Droid stood on the right side of the doors.

“This is the person the Queen wishes to see.” The Droid that Chaba was following informed the other Droid.

“Okay Droid 109. Go through.” replied the other Droid.

They did a salute, and then the doors automatically began to open. Now they were fully open, they revealed the inside of the Palace. Droid 109 and Chaba both stepped inside, and entered a huge hall. White marble everywhere, with golden steps. There was a huge purple carpet leading from the doors and up the steps. There were tables on each side of the staircase, and on top of each of them were vases full of different coloured flowers. The essence that filled the room smelt wonderful. It was the smell of Lilies. A huge diamond chandelier hung from the ceiling, glittering different colours.

The Droid noticed that Chaba was admiring the hall.

“Excuse me stranger. We need to get a move on!” the robotic voice echoed through the hall. Chaba looked away from the paintings on the wall, and looked at the Droid, who was now walking up the stairs. He followed once again.

“Answer my question please?!” Chaba asked in desperation. “Why does the Queen wish to see me?”

Yet again, the Droid never replied, as if ignoring Chaba. They reached the top of the stairs, and the Droid turned left. There were a number of doors on this floor. Chaba guessed they were either bedrooms or guestrooms. Whatever they were, the Droid never lead him to any of them but to some brass double doors. He knocked on them and spoke through a microphone that was connected to the wall beside the doors.

“Queen Selina. The stranger is here.”

Queen Selina? So that was her name. Another Droid’s robotic voice filled the silence of the hall from a speaker above them.

“Come on through.” it said.

Just like the entrance doors, these brass doors automatically opened. They were now fully open, and Droid 109 walked inside the room. Chaba guessed he had to follow. He stepped in, and the doors behind him shut themselves. This room was well lit. There was a huge open balcony on the other end, and the cool breeze was flowing through the room ever so lightly. Chaba could feel it touch the skin on his face. There was a table in the centre of the room. It looked like a dining table, made out of Pine. There were 3 chairs on each side, all looked comfortable.

Chaba looked to his left and saw a Droid looking at him. Then he turned right, and saw another. Then he looked back over at the balcony and saw a female standing in the sunlight, with her back to him.

“Thank you Droid 109. You can go back to your position now.” said a soft female voice.

“Yes your Highness.” Droid 109 bowed, and walked out of the room. The Queen turned. She wore a long sky blue dress and a tiara was propped on top of her head. It had the shape of a Lightsaber on it. Her green eyes were very pretty, and her hair was styled up in a bun at the back.

“Welcome Mr. Skywalker. Please, take a seat.” She said, holding out her arm and pointing at the empty chair beside her. Chaba walked slowly to the seat the Queen directed him to. He could feel the Droids staring at him. But he ignored it, and he looked around the room a bit more. Then he noticed someone standing beside a painting. They had a cloak on and the hood was hiding their face. This person looked suspicious. Chaba looked away and saw he arrived at his chair. He sat down, and looked back at the Queen. She was now sat in her seat, examining Chaba with her pretty green eyes.

“I am Queen Selina of Centra.” She introduced herself. Chaba smiled, and went to speak. But the Queen interrupted.

“No need to tell me who you are. I already know. You are Chaba Skywalker.”

“But, how do you know Your Highness?” Chaba asked politely.

“Do you know what a Jedi is, Chaba?” she asked him, ignoring his question.

“I have heard the name before. Jedi and Sith. They have some sort of connection.” Chaba replied honestly.

The Queen smiled.

“Yes they do. But do you know what they are?” she said, taking a sip from a glass of water that was on the desk beside her.

“No.”

“They are warriors of good and bad Master Skywalker.” said a mans voice from the left side of the room. The man in the cloak had walked away from the wall he was leaning on, and removed his hood. He had a wise face and looked very powerful indeed. He took a seat next to the Queen and gave both the Queen and Chaba a smile.

“Thank you Master Hyru.” The Queen said, returning the smile.

“No problem Your Highness.” Hyru said. Then he continued explaining what the Jedi and the Sith were. Chaba took in every detail, and let out a gasp of shock at some of the gruesome parts about the Sith.

“So…the Sith are the Jedi’s enemies?” Chaba asked, double checking that he heard things correctly.

“Yes. The Sith are very similar to the Jedi, and are as powerful.” Hyru replied. Chaba frowned.

“How do you know all this?” he asked.

Hyru sighed, and gave Chaba an answer.

“I am a member of the Jedi Council. I come from coruscant in search for an Apprentice.” Hyru confessed.

Chaba went silent for a while thinking things through. What has all this got to do with me? He thought to himself. Then once again, he voiced his thoughts.

“Master Hyru, why have I been brought here? What has all this got to do with me?” he said.

“The reason you have been summoned to my Palace, Master Skywalker, is because I have a mission for you. But first…Master Hyru has an offer to give you.” the Queen replied. “Master Hyru…”

The Jedi got up off the seat, opened his cloak and pulled out a cylinder shaped object that was about fifteen inches long. He then held it out for Chaba to take.

“Chaba Skywalker, if you take this Lightsaber, you will become my Apprentice. I will train you all that I know and you will succeed very easily on the mission if you become a part of the Jedi Council.” Hyru said, smiling at his future Apprentice.

Chaba looked at Hyru, then at the object in Hyru’s hand that was called a Lightsaber. He got out of the seat, and placed his hand on the Saber.

“It is yours…take it!”

Chaba grabbed the Saber, and held it before him. He pressed a button, and a blue laser shot out the end of it. Hyru sat back down. Chaba swung it around, like a sword. It was so bright, that it lit almost all the room up. He did a few moves with it, and Hyru was very impressed. Chaba as a kid did a lot of stick fighting with his slave friends. He swung it around one last time, and pressed the button to turn off the laser. He then put the Saber in his pocket and looked down at the Queen and the Jedi.

“I accept your offer, Master Hyru.” He said bowing to him, and then he turned to the Queen. “But what must I do in this mission for you Your Highness?”