- Text Size +
Shannon went a head of the troops as she scouted the way. She could hear the gun fire of the other army. She turned her head as something seemed to fly passed her.
“ Hello sister.” Her brother said.
“ Hello.” She said turning to face him. His black wings seemed to block out the sun.
“ You’ve been missed.”
“ You have not.” She answered. He narrowed his dark eyes and looked at her. He could see the anger deep within her eyes and knew she’d not missed his presence.
“ Oh come now sister dear.”
“ Don’t pretend that you’re happy I have returned. It just means I have the throne while you can play soldier.” She said looking at him.
“ Now that isn’t true.”
“ The throne is mine Jason.”
“ We will see about that.”
“ I am the oldest. That makes it mine by right of passage. You did not want it. Or being the only son you would have been given the kingdom and reign over the entire planet.” Shannon said.
“ I might still sister dear.”
“ Not likely. Our parents are due to live another hundred years. And I am next in line for the throne. So unless something drastically happens over the time of this war. I don’t see you having the throne. You’ve never really had the heart for it.”
“ Nor have you, you ran away at the first chance you were given.”
“ I was given a chance to find myself before taking the throne.” Shannon growled at him. He knew it was true she’d taken time away from the family. But it was his birth right to be king, but would he kill his own sister for the throne.
“ Tell me Jason, have you started this war to save the planet, to show them you are the hero I could never be? Or did you start this war because you wanted to prove to our parents you’re the better of the two?” Shannon asked.
“ You were given everything, I was always making my way in the world.”
“ Bull, I made a name for myself by making friends. I wasn’t here letting our parents give me things, I left and made a go of it on my own. Now you’re just being childish. Someone has poisoned your mind against your own family Jason and I want to know who?” Shannon said. Jason just laughed and disappeared. Shannon growled and landed near one of her generals.
“ Get the troops ready, we’ve got a traitor within our ranks.”


Leo watched Shannon come to a landing near the main tent.
“ What’s wrong?” He asked sensing the anger.
“ We’ve got a traitor within our own ranks.”
“ Who?”
“ My brother.” She growled.
“ What?”
“ He’s decided that he doesn’t want the crown but will not allow anyone else to have it either.”
“ That is wrong. Are you sure?”
“ Very sure.” Shannon said. “ We must move our troops to a safer place and ready for his attack.”
“ But are you sure he’ll attack?”
“ I am very sure.” Shannon said as she turned to the skies. She could still hear the anger in her brother’s voice the hurt he felt that she had the given power and he did not. The power that normally was bestowed upon the son, but the first born is bestowed this power and she was that child. Jason was a selfish child that felt that the world owed him his life. So he became a soldier, thinking it would change the way he looked in his family’s eyes. The change in him wasn’t seen, his father still saw a skinny boy that could amount to nothing. Shannon knew that he felt that way the day she left, the day she turned her back on the family and her royal heritage.
“ Shannon?”
“ I’m fine go.” Shannon said looking away from her friend. She took to the air and watched as the troops marched towards safer ground. She knew her brothers power and knew that even as angry as he was his was no match for hers, but would he challenge her? She wasn’t sure.

He watched from a safe distance, he knew her power, he wanted her power. He knew that if he waited long enough he’d have her power and it would be his to own the world. He wanted to own the world, bring the power the entire planet had and make it his own. He knew that Shannon was its vessel and knew that she had very little knowledge of this fact. But what a great pleasure it would be to bring that truth to her, that her birth was that of legend, that she was born only to control the power of Castia. What a wonderful surprise that would be for her to learn. The evil look in Jason’s eyes would make any man tremble and few dared defy him. He’d proven that over the years.


Shannon felt the anger even from the furthest distance she was from her brother. Jason and Samuel were one in the same yet different. Samuel was a kinder man, more apt to talk than fight, then there was Jason, the more dominate brother, she often wondered why her parents had kept the twins when she did. They often acted alike even as if they were one person, they used the same mannerisms. But often one was never seen without the other. Both seen together nearly inseperateable, but it often set the people of Castia on edge because being seen together meant they were up to no good. Often terrorizing the locals and taking funds that were not part of the taxes. The king and Queen often tried to stop their rebellious children but finally sent Shannon to set them straight. Shannon being the keeper of the power would set the twins straight but what scared her the most was that she knew her power could destroy them but keeping it to a low she kept them under control. She often wondered if her leaving was the reason they had changed. That they had taken their personalities to a new level and let the evil flow through them. She knew that her power was what kept them sane but never knew that her power was what kept them from destroying the planet. Her parents had never told her that her power was linked to them as much as they were linked to her. There were a great many things that her parents had left out in her life.
“ Leo, keep the troops moving. There are some caves up a head. I shall return shortly.” She said as she flew off into the distance. She watched as the palace came into view. She landed gracefully on the balcony and walked inside.