- Text Size +
“ What else have you kept from me?” Shannon asked looking at her stunned parents.
“ What ever do you mean?”
“ Don’t lie to me, what was I born for?”
“ You were born to keep the peace and harmony of this planet.”
“ Am I even your child?” She growled.
“ That you are. But your birth was that of a surprise gift from the gods.”
“ Was that the same with Jason and Samuel?”
“ No, they were planned for.” Her mother said.
“ I was a gift. Something that was to bring peace and harmony to this planet. Then why are we are war?”
“ Because the gods split that gift that was given to you with your brothers and when they chose evil over the greater good. It set things into motion that only you can fix. Your full powers were restored once you returned here and assumed your rightful place as princess.”
“ I can’t believe this. This war is because you didn’t tell me who or what I was?”
“ No, it was destined to happen. We just hopped it never would. Please understand Shannon we never meant this to hurt you. We love you.”
“ Yeah I can see that. Now I have a planet to save and a war to stop.” Shannon growled before she took off again.


Jason landed several feet from the balcony as his brother landed next to him.
“ They told her.”
“ Yes brother dear they did. And that anger she’s feeling will bring her to our side. She will turn.”
“ I am not so sure of that. Shannon was made of pure hope and dreams. Pure of the truths and love of all those on this planet.”
“ And what of us brother dear?”
“ We are her exact opposite.”
“ Then she shall die, she’s what brings all the good to this planet. We destroy her we shall have this planet for our own.” Jason said, Samuel smiled as he lifted off the balcony and headed away from the palace. Both knew it was only a matter of time before Shannon would be dead and that would end anyone opposing them in the fight to gain control of this world.


Shannon returned to the troops, more angry that she had been when she left. Leo noticed this, as did Daniel. Daniel had returned to the war once he was well enough and the palace doctor had allowed his return.
“ She looks pissed.” Leo said to his new friend.
“ That she does. Let me find out what’s going on and then we can give her a report.” Daniel said looking at Leo, Leo nodded and watched as Daniel walked towards Shannon.
“ What’s wrong?” Daniel asked as he kissed her cheek.
“ Everything. The entire world is counting on me to save them.”
“ We know that’s a hard burden to bear but remember my love everything will finally come to an end.” Daniel said.,
“ Problem is, will that end be my own?” She asked turning and looking into his dark eyes. There were times she often could have gotten lost in those eyes, but this time it seemed he was hiding something from her. She couldn’t handle another betrayal. She would give him the trust that he had earned. But if he was yet another traitor she’d kill him with her bare hands.
“ You will not die in this war.”
“ Are you so sure about that? Are you so sure that this war wont be my last?”
“ Yes, I am sure of this. You were not put on this planet to be destroyed by a war, you are our hope, peace and love.”
“ Why do you say that?” Shannon asked, her voice laced with suspicion and anger.
“ Because all that live on Castia know of the child that was born to bring peace to our planet.”
“ Yeah peace that will destroy my family.”
“ You’re part of this planet. You a child of the entire world. We will love and cherish you even if your own family doesn’t. That’s why we all waited while you took time to find yourself before taking your rightful place as this planet’s savior and ruler.” Daniel said. Shannon looked at him, something about him didn’t feel right, and he wasn’t the same man that had been taken to the palace.
“ Savior, hardly.” Shannon huffed.
“ Truly believe that all that has been given to you was for the greater good, that your life was to shine as a beacon to show others that good can conquer evil then things will become clear.”
“ Why tell me this now?’ Shannon asked, she thought to probe Daniel would reveal who he truly was.
“ Because the time has come for you to understand the greatness that you were created for, the time has come to make you understand that we gods did not create you to hide from the ones that wish to destroy this world.”
“ But why come to me now? Why not when I felt lost?”
“ Because it was our intention to let you find your way. We did not want to interfere in the balance of things. This war has been predestined and we knew that it was you that would end it.” Daniel said. Shannon could hear more than one voice in his own.
“ Tell me were you destined to find me? Was it the plan of the gods to have me fall in love with a god?”
“ It was unfortunate that our messenger Daniel was taken so deeply by the goodness in your heart, but we had not the intention of making him fall in love with you.” He answered her.
“ Then it was your intention to leave me alone? To make me live my life without love.”
“ It wasn’t our intention at all.”