- Text Size +
Shannon looked at her friends and then looked away. She had let them down, something in their eyes told her that much. But could she be the ruler her father had always wanted her to be? Or would she be the disappointment she thought she was. Things seemed to run through her mind, that was the reason why she had run from her duties in the first place. She wasn’t the child her father had wanted. She wasn’t the warrior her mother had been. Something inside of her wanted to stay on the peaceful side of things problem was no one would allow it. She was a warrior by birth that was who and what she was, but something inside wanted her to be less than that, to be more human and less Angel than she acted.
“ You need to learn to be the warrior you were born to be.” Leo said looking at her.
“ I’ve always had a kind heart. Something of a flaw my father said.”
“ Well don’t listen to your father. Shannon I know you’re hurting and until you’ve healed we will do what ever it takes to protect you. That’s what friends are for. But you must learn for yourself that it’s time to become the person you were meant to be. You’ve walked with the people long enough, now it’s time to take charge and lead us to victory.” Leo said trying to convince his friend that she was more than she lead herself to be.
“ I don’t know.” She said again.
“ The war begins but will you fight to save your people or die because you’ve given up?” Leona asked looking into Shannon’s eyes. Shannon turned her look away from her, she wasn’t meaning to be this way. But she had never wanted to be the person he father had expected her to be, she never wanted to be a warrior that was her brothers job. Not hers, it was his to defend the world defend it’s people. Now she felt as if she was letting them all down.
“ We will come back later.” Leo said taking Leona’s hand and leaving Shannon to her thoughts.

Shannon lay in the room alone, she could hear those around her talking, could hear the voices of her friends asking for her help asking for her to finally become the one thing she’d been running from all her life. Could she really become the warrior all had wanted and prove to herself and her people and mostly her father that she could still remain the kind hearted person she had become. She wasn’t sure if she could do both, but for her friends for her planet and for her people she was willing to try. But with all that had happened in the last few days, her new injury could she defend those she loved? Could she be the person they had always seen. Those were thoughts for another day, for now she was tired and needed some rest. She let her body relax and slowly drifted off into a dream filled sleep.