- Text Size +
Walking through the seemingly normal hospital Leo stopped at the desk to be sure he knew what room Shannon was in. Once he had found out that she had not been moved from the night before he walked down the hall hand in hand with Leona. He stopped outside the door marked 2145 and looked inside, he could hear the soft talking of someone and the horse voice of Shannon, she sounded upset. Entering the room he found several people standing around her.
“ Are you all right?” Leo asked moving to her side. Leona stood on the other side of the bed holding Shannon’s good hand. Then people that stood in the room murmured amongst themselves before looking at the threesome.
“ I’m fine. These are some of my father’s advisors.” She said looking at her friends. Leona looked down at Shannon and then at the group that had assembled.
“ Advisors?” She asked, her voice laced with shock and suspicion.
“ Yes Advisors. I am sorry I’ve kept a secrete from you.”
“ What?” Leo said looking at her.
“ I’m from the Land of the Angels.”
“ We gathered that. Not many winged people around here.” Leo said.
“ I am their princess. My father is the king.” Shannon said. Leona and Leo looked at her strangely and then at the group assembled.
“ Yes we are her father’s advisors. After hearing that Princess Shannon had been hurt we came to see if she was all right. And to plead with her to return home. We can protect her there.”
“ How? This is something that is happening all over Castia?”
“ The people of the Island of the Angels are the true rulers of Castia. But because of things that have changed over the years, they’ve let a government form but they’ve remained in power so to speak.”
“ People are being killed are you telling me it’s their fault?”
“ No, the earthlings that are killing Castians are doing it out of fear and spite. But they are sending a warning to the royals.”
“ But how would they know Shannon was a royal if even we her closest friends didn’t?”
“ Maybe they didn’t know and Princess Shannon was in the wrong place. We are unsure but are wishing that she’d return home.”
“ I wont return home. I’ve been gone from there so I could make a life of my own to prove to the people of this planet that we are more than just royals that we can make a life for ourselves without feeling like we are living off those that make our world what it is.” Shannon said. Leo looked at her and now knew why she hid who she was, she wanted to prove she could make friends and make herself something without being known as one of the royal family. She was his friend and as that she’d do anything for him, he would do the same for her.
“ There is a war coming princess and we want you safe.”
“ Go back to my father and tell him that I am fine. And if I chose to return to Seledona I shall till then leave me alone.” Shannon shouted. The men nodded and turned and left the room. Shannon looked at her two friends and then towards the far wall.
“ I never meant you to learn about this in this manor.”
“ You were keeping it from us why?” Leona asked.
“ To keep you safe. To keep myself safe. I guess I didn’t want anyone to know who or what I was. I just wanted to be liked for me.” Shannon said as tears began slipping down her cheeks.
“ How long as it been since you’ve been home?” Leo asked whipping the tears away.
“ Six years. I left right after my mother died. I could not bare the thought of being there any longer. She wanted me to be my own person, but father felt it was time for me to learn my place and ready to become queen.”
“ How, don’t you have sisters?”
“ I am an only daughter. I have one brother. But he’s in the guard and has chosen not to become king. That leaves the crown to fall to me.”
“ But do you want it?”
“ I am not ready to rule a world that doesn’t even know they have rulers, that doesn’t know that we are people to not just winged people or angels as we are called.”
“ I already know that you’re a person but do you?” Leona asked.
“ That’s why I came here. I wanted to find myself, become the person I was meant to be.”
“ Then maybe it’s time to lead your people into battle.” Leo said looking at her.
“ I’m not even sure I know how.”