- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey y'all! Yet another installment for my Tesia series. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. owns himself, as does Marcus. Thank-you.

Note: The song is Who Needs The World by Nick Carter.
Yeah, Oh
I stare at your face
Into your eyes
Outside there's so much passing us by
All of the sounds
All of the sights
Over the earth and under the sky
Too much cold and too much rain
Too much heartache to explain

Seven-year-old Tesia Lenore McLean sat straddling her brother's lap. They'd been watching T.V. when she'd suddenly turned and straddled him to ask him a question.

"J?"

"Hmm?" Alexander McLean - A.J. of the Backstreet Boys - answered, prying his eyes from the television to the seven-year-old child in his lap.

Tesia cocked her head to the side, staring at his face intently. "Am I bad?"

A.J. looked confused a moment. "No Honey. You're not bad. Naughty sometimes, but not really bad."

"What's the difference?" Tesia queried curiously.

"Bad is hurting someone purposely when you know it's wrong," A.J. replied. "Naughty is hurting someone, but not on purpose."

"Oh," Tesia says softly, looking down again.

"Why? Who told you, you were bad?"

"Nobody," Tesia whispered.

A.J. lifted her chin up with his hand, and stared into her eyes, as if searching for the truth. "T. you can tell me anything. You know that, right?"

Tesia nodded slightly. "Uh-huh."

"And you know I love you very much, right Baby T.?"

Tesia nodded again.

"Look at me Tesia, please."

Tesia looked up into her brother's eyes, as she'd looked away after her first nod.

"I love you and I'll do everything in my power to protect you, Tesia. But I can't protect you from what scares you if you don't tell me what's wrong."

"Mommy said I'm bad, an' Daddy agreed," Tesia told him softly. "An' I only asked where babies come from."

A.J. sighed. God knew he hated the woman their father had married - the only good that came from that marriage was sitting in his lap at that very moment. Luckily for him though, he didn't have to live with the man - or the dreadful woman he had married.

"Baby, you're not bad. You may be naughty sometimes, but you're still my angel, okay?"

Tesia sniffled some. "Promise?"

"Always," A.J. smiled, rubbing her face with his hand that still cupped her chin.

Tesia nuzzled his hand like a puppy would, seeking the comfort it gave her. Lone tears streamed down her face, though they were unwanted.

A.J. sighed and wiped her tears away with his thumbs. He placed his forehead against hers. "I love you, Tesia. Very much."

Tesia whimpered, and stared into her brother's loving brown eyes. "Loves you more, Alex."

A.J. smiled again, their foreheads still touching. "Now, where's that smile I love?"

Tesia gave him a small lopsided grin that matched his perfectly.

"There's my beautiful little Angel," A.J. said, kissing her nose.

Tesia giggled a little bit. "You're beautiful-er."

A.J. laughed. "Alright. If you say so, Baby T."

"I already did say so, J.!" Tesia reminded him.

"Aha! Attack of the tickle monster!" A.J. exclaimed, tickling his little sister.

Tesia shrieked with laughter as she squirmed about on his lap, forgetting all her worries momentarily. "Aha hahaha!"

"Hey! That's my laugh!" A.J. cried, tickling her even more, as she twisted about in an attempt to get away. "Muah hahahaha!"

Tesia was hysterical, as her brother made like he was eating her stomach. She'd always loved that best when she'd been just a baby, and she still loved that best now too.