- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A.N.: It's Raul whose the evil security guard - not Marcus. Marcus is hot & I love him, though I've never met him - yet. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. owns himself, as does Marcus. Thank-you.

Note: Song is Who Needs The World by Nick Carter.
Who needs the world when I've got you
Switch off the sun, the stars, and the moon
I've all I need inside of this room
Who needs the world when I've got you

A.J. tucked the little girl into bed later that night, as she'd fallen asleep in his lap watching a Disney movie. He still didn't know about the monsters that came to her every night. Nor did he know about the ones back home who beat the innocent child. He was oblivious to it all, as she'd never told him about what really went on. He only knew that there was something that she wouldn't tell him, and that it was bothering her greatly.

"Love you, Baby T.," A.J. murmured, kissing her little head. "Sleep tight. No bed bugs tonight."

Tesia rolled over in her sleep, only to find her beloved Teddy and snuggle him close instinctively.

A.J. chuckled, as she'd always slept with that bear he'd given her years ago.

"Goodnight to you too, Teddy," he said softly, ruffling the bear's head somewhat.

Once she was tucked in good, he sat there watching her for a few moments, before getting up and going back downstairs.

Tesia awoke a while later, terrified when she couldn't remember where she was, and realized she'd been left in the dark. She summed up all her courage, and slid out of her bed. She then padded out into the hall, with Teddy clutched vastly to her chest.

"J?" She whispered just barely. It was pure instinct she call for her brother when scared. Seeing lights on downstairs, that's where she headed. She frowned though, finding no one there. Shrugging, she headed down to the basement, as she was sure she could hear music down there.

"Please don't be a trap," she thought to herself.

Tesia breathed a sigh of relief, when she heard her brother singing from inside of his basement studio. She quietly padded into the room, and stood watching him in silence.

A.J. felt someone staring at him, and looked up towards the door. He was surprised to find Tesia standing there instead of Marcus - his friend and security guard.

"Hey, Baby," he smiled softly. "Can't sleep?"

Tesia shook her head, and ran to him when he opened his arms for a hug.

A.J. lifted the child into his lap after giving her a comforting hug. He watched her snuggle into him, then kissed her head.

"Missed me, huh?"

Tesia nodded without a word.

"Not gonna talk now, are you?" He asked, tickling her a little bit.

Tesia squirmed and smiled up at him sleepily. "Whatcha doin'?"

"Aha! She can talk!" A.J. exclaimed, tickling her a bit more.

Tesia giggled.

"I'm working on a song," he told her, once he'd stopped the tickle monster attack.

"C'n I help?" Tesia asked hopefully, glancing up at him.

"Sure!" A.J. smiled. "Can you sing?"

"Uh-huh!" Tesia nodded. "Daddy just won't let me, 'cause he says it's naughty."

A.J. scoffed. "Pfft. Naughty my...*ahem*..." He trailed off.

Tesia giggled again. "You're silly."

"Thank-you," A.J. answered. "Now, what can you sing?"

"Anything!" Tesia told him. "Long as I know the words."

"Well, let's try what I'm working on then, okay?"

"You gots words?"

"Yep," A.J. nodded, handing her the lyrics. "Now, let's go stand in the booth Kiddo."

Tesia slid off his lap and led the way into the recording booth, Teddy never once leaving her arms.

"Now, all you have to do is sing into the microphone," A.J. explained.

"I know!" Tesia told him.

"Well, if you know then..." A.J. winked. "Sing."

Tesia put the headphones on, and started to sing what was on the sheet of paper in her hand.

A.J. listened proudly for a few minutes, then joined in, their voices blending together perfectly - well, as perfectly as they can for a seven-year-old and a twenty-two year-old.