- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Only one more chapter to go, I believe. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Tesia & story idea. A.J. owns himself, as does Marcus. Thank-you.

Note: Song is Who Needs The World by Nick Carter.
Who needs the stars so bright, and the grass so green, and the morning light
Who needs the wind to blow and the tide to rise
Who needs it...I don't know
I don't know
Yeah

"C'mon J.!" Tesia shouted, running ahead of him a bit, then back again. "C'mon!"

A.J. laughed. "I'm coming Baby T. I can only go so fast."

"You'd go faster if fans were chasing you," Tesia accused.

A.J. rolled his eyes some. "Tesia, we've been over that."

"I know," Tesia grumbled. She kicked at the ground some.

"Hey, cheer up," Marcus told her, as he'd been called once the two-some had decided to go to the mall.

"I am cheered up," Tesia answered. "Just don't lose Teddy."

Marcus held the stuffed bear up. "See? He's safe."

Tesia nodded, and grabbed hold of her brother's hand, wanting to hurry him up.

A.J. shrugged and let himself be dragged by his little sister. He was enjoying himself greatly, but wouldn't admit it. He knew people would see him as a sap, while others would see him as a great man. But, to Tesia, he was a hero. Though he didn't feel worthy.

Marcus nudged A.J., when he saw him smiling to himself. "You're enjoying this more than you let on, McLean."

A.J. gave him a sheepish grin. "Anything to remain a hero in her eyes. Though, I don't think I deserve the title."

"McLean, to her, you're the world," Marcus told him quietly. "She's deemed you worthy of any and all compliments that anyone cares to dish out."

"But why?"

"'Cause you're fun!" Tesia answered, having had been listening in. "You're nice. You makes me laugh. An' you play - that's most important."

A.J. picked her up and kissed her head. "Because I play, huh?"

"Uh-huh," Tesia nodded. "An' you scares away the monsters real good too."

"Yep, that I do," A.J. smiled.

Tesia smiled back. She almost told him right then and there about her monsters - the ones he didn't know about. But, she spotted Teddy then, safely held in Marcus' arms, and decided she'd best keep quiet if she wanted him to stay safe. Anything for her beloved Teddy.

"Toys?"

"Toys!" Tesia nodded, kissing his nose. "C'n I gets a doll, J.?"

"Well, it all depends," A.J. teased.

"On what?" Tesia wanted to know.

"If I can get another kiss or not," A.J. replied.

Tesia giggled and gave him a kiss. "Loves you J."

"Love you too, Baby T. And you can get the doll," A.J. smiled. "And both of you can get some clothes too."

"Sweet!" Tesia exclaimed happily, throwing her arms about his neck and giving him a hug. "Thank-you!"

A.J. chuckled. "Don't thank me yet. You still haven't gotten anything."

Tesia just gave him a kiss and pointed him in the direction of the toy store.

A.J. obliged willingly, giving Marcus a Look to shut him up.

Marcus just smiled to himself, as he walked with the two towards the toy store, Tesia's Teddy Bear still safe and snug in his arms. He knew A.J. was crazy about the kid, and knew the kid adored her brother - but neither would admit it to its full extent.