- Text Size +
“A Mother’s Tale”

~Chapter Eighteen- Just Another Face

She gulps, “Let…let me get him.” Arianna whispers out, stumbling down the hallway. Running to the closed bathroom, she knocks rapidly, her breathing quicken at the sight of the officers.

“Baby 5-0 is here!” She squeals out, tugging on her robe tighter around her lithe body.

Damien opens the bathroom door with a shock expression across face: “What? Why are they here?”

She shivers, whispering out: “They want to take you.”

“You mean arrest me?” He blinks stepping out of the bathroom tossing a towel over his shoulder as he shuffles out in his boxers. “Where are they?” He whispers out as she points down the hallway.

“Living room…we’ll be ok right? They don’t have anything on us.” She gulps down the lump rising in her throat.

Damien sighs, running a hand down his face: “Just relax…fuck…ok just stay here, I’ll take care of it.” He whispers out, pushing her aside. “Just go in the room and I’ll handle this.”

Arianna opens the bedroom door, nibbling her lower lip. “This is all Roger’s fault. Just tell the cops about him already because this gets worse.”

“Baby I wish I could right now, but its not that easy. Now shhh…be calm and I’ll handle this.” Damien whispers in her ear, caressing her face as she smiles kissing him.

“Good…I can’t pay for this house on my own you know.” She teases, stepping in the bedroom quietly closing the door behind her.

Damien exhales, walking barefooted into the living room. He looks over at the two officers smiling: “Umm…can I help you?”

The first officer snickers, taking off his cop hat: “You Damien?”

Damien nods, eyeing them carefully.

The second officer glances around the house whistling: “Nice place you got here. So…sit down sir. We have a few things to discuss.”

Damien frowns, pulling up a stool sitting down: “What’s going on?”

The first officer pulls out a radio turning it on as he smiles, tossing his hat to the side.

“What the hell are you two doing?” Damien frowns deepens as the first cop smiles.

“We heard you needed some cheering up.” The now stripper begins to take off his clothes.

Damien smirks and looks away: “I’m gonna kill his ass…did A.J. put up two up to this?”

The second officer with dark hair shakes his head: “Nope a rather light haired man did. Said you liked men strippers.”

Damien’s mouth drops as Arianna burst out in a laughter stepping into the room.

“HAHA Oh My God…Nick is such a kidder.”

Damien turns his head to the woman: “Oh he’s a kidder alright…heh...just watch till I get his ass tomorrow.”

“Well sir its understandable why you’re so drawn to that man, he’s quiet attractive.” One of the dark haired male strippers replies: turning off the radio and packing up.

“Well I’m sorry to burst your bubble, I’m straight though I have a friend who wouldn’t mind your company or dance. Here’s his address, just ask for Brian.” Damien smiles cheekily as Arianna holds her side laughing hard at the joke.

The cop strippers bow and smile, waving goodbye to them as they exit the house.

Damien turns to her with a smug look on his face: “You knew about this?”

“No. I had no clue. I was freaking out thinking they were real and stuff.” She whispers out, plopping down the sofa pulling him besides her.

“Maybe its time the police know the truth.” Arianna whispers out. “Because the next time it could be the real cops and I can’t keep hiding out thinking we’re gonna get caught.”

Sighing, Damien slumps, lost in thought: “Alright…I’ll do that…Contact A.J. and fill him in, I’m going to the police station.”

Arianna smiles softly: “About time you came to your senses. Another scare like this and I was have told them myself.”

“Don’t need to worry about that now since the police will know.” He kisses the top of her head, heading back to his room.

She sits back closing her eyes grinning that finally she can rest once the cops understood where they were coming from.
~*~

Eliez hums a song sitting on her bed, combing out her barbie’s hair. Silently opening her bedroom door, Roger creeps in and sits besides her smiling.

“Hey honey. How you doing?” He whispers out.

Eliez looks up at him and smiles: “Ok. Daddy look at my Barbie.” She beams holding the Hawaiian dark hair doll to him.

“Aw pumpkin she looks very pretty like you. I wanted to see how you doing. The nice doctor said you’re really quiet when you and mommy go see him. Why?”

Eliez shrugs and smiles, looking up at him. “He don’t know. Shh...”

Frowning, Roger takes her in his arms cuddling her: “Care bear listen to me. When you talk to the doctor you’re being a good girl. But maybe its time you stop playing pretend now with the story.”

“But daddy I see Nick.”

“Honey you don’t see him. Remember I made him up for you.”

“No daddy…I see Nick when mommy was with doctor. He nice.” She wiggles her little legs under her blue shorts humming softly to herself.

“You saw Nick?” He raises his eyebrows, “And what did he look like?”

Eliez giggles and holds her ken doll up pointing to the light hair and bright light eyes.

Roger sighs, nodding: “Ok honey listen to me. Nick came back in town the other day. Whatever you do, don’t tell mommy about it.”

Eliez nods and sits up facing him, placing her little hands on his cheeks squishing them: “Can I play with Nick soon?”

“Soon honey you’ll see him. But remember shhh…mommy can’t know Nick is gonna visit. Its not good for her ok.”

“K…mommy sicky.” Eliez whispers out watching her father stand up holding her to him smiling.

“That’s right. And you’ve been such a good girl. How about we get some ice cream in the kitchen.” He watches his daughter nod and beam at the idea of something cold and sweet before bedtime.

Heading down the hallway, Roger peeks into the lounge room seeing his wife spread out on the sofa filing her nails as her eyes remained fixated on the soap opera before her. Smiling, he heads to the kitchen as Eliez watches her mother sullenly, almost as if she wanted to comfort her torn mother in distress.
~*~

He opens the door seeing Damien there and smirks, “What?”

“I’ll telling.”

A.J. blinks, “Huh what?”

“I’m going to the cops…I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately and I think we should confess our side of the story.” Damien blurts out, shoving his hands into his front jean pockets, looking around nervously.

“Why the hell are you paranoid now suddenly? We got some time. No need to rush the whole ordeal. Besides Nick would need to know before you pull a stunt like that.” A.J. leans an arm on the threshold eyeing his jittery friend cautiously. “Come in, you getting me nervous you standing around like that.”

Damien nods, stepping in: “Some cops stopped by my place today. Two of them.”

A.J. blinks feeling his mouth slowly drop open. “Oh damn! They know?”

“Shhh…” He looks around for Makenzie and seeing the living room empty drags his friend there: “No…seems Nick thought it was funny to set up fake cops to stop by my place…”

“Fake cops?! What the hell is that?!” A.J. cuts him off, frowning.

“He was goofing off…it wasn’t real cops…just look, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and I think we be safer if the 5-0 knew something.” Damien loudly whispers out, not trusting that Makenzie could walk in and hear their conversation if not careful.

“Hell no! You kidding me?! What the fuck is 5-0 gonna do for us? The moment they know they’ll go to Roger and guess who will have to deal with him…us. And he’ll probably go after your ass first.” A.J. leans back against the cream wall, eying his friend.

Grumbling, Damien slides into a seat: “Ok so what then? Don’t you think its time they know. What if one of the cops think I really had something to do with all that?”

A.J. smirks, shaking his head: “And all this time I thought Nick was the blonde one.”

Damien smiles, flipping his friend off: “I’m just a little stressed that’s all.”

Snorting, A.J. grabs his remote turning on the news: “Look at it this way my boy at least there are no more clues or talk about Nick from the news. So rest assure, nothing to worry about.”

“Yeah yeah…so what’s up with you then?”

“Me and the lady doing great.” He eyes his friend as he sits up, “Just wondering why she keeps asking me about Nick. She seems fascinated with Xander as he’s called.”

Damien snickers, shaking his head: “Ehh…” After a quiet second, a loud pounding at the front door happens. Jumping up to his feet, he watches A.J. scramble over to the door answering it.

“Yo…” A.J. watches as Nick pushes his way into the house. “Oh no please come in dude.” He snorts, closing the door behind him as he eyes the tall blonde. “So what’s with the sudden visit?”

“I missed you and wanted to share a bowl of ice cream with you.” Nick rasps out sarcastically, smirking as his eyes land on Damien. “Don’t I get a thank you for thinking about you sending those strippers over?”

“Ass wipe. That was lame.” Damien smiles, leaning back in his seat.

“Oh the harsh words man. Really…could hurt a guy’s soul like that.” Nick grins, sliding on the sofa eyeing them. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing…just thinking through things.” A.J. shuffles over to a loveseat, sitting down, throwing his legs on the arm of it.

“Who was doing the thinking?” Nick tugs on his snug t-shirt eyeing them as they remained quiet. “Don’t all talk at once. Seems you guys shut up when I came here. Hope I didn’t ruin a moment with you two.”

A.J. snorts, rubbing his nose gently: “Trust me, the orgy happens every Friday’s, we got a few more days till that so we’re fine.” Sitting back with a grin at his joke.

“All male huh? I’m surprised you guys can sit right.” Nick grins, placing a leg over his lap.

Damien wraps an arm on the back of the sofa snickering: “We heal fast.”

“Good to know.” Nick smiles, eyeing them. “Why don’t you just tell me what you were both talking about? I’m sure I can be enlightened.”

Damien blinks holding back a laugh: “And who showed you that word?”

Nick smiles, flipping him off: “Your girl last night after I had her screaming my name.” As Damien laughs, sitting back in the sofa.

“Ooooooohhh haha.” A.J. sits back watching them, “Guys I got some drinks on ice, want any?”

“Yeah sure.” Nick yawns, eyeing Damien. “So yeah when A.J. gets back we got some stuff to go over to make sure we’re all on the same mind track. I wouldn’t want anyone just running off to the cops throwing all of us in trouble you know.”

“Yeah we know. Nothing like half a truth to ease the tension with the police.” Damien smirks, clearing his throat at the sight of Makenzie stepping into the room.

Eyeing the two men, she waves shyly: “I didn’t know we had company.”

“Sorry…hope we didn’t intrude on anything.” Nick responds, smiling back at her.

“Oh heh, no no. Just surprised that’s all.” Makenzie grins, heading into the kitchen.

“Nice little bitch…keep her innocent from this mess.” Nick whispers out to Damien. “Make sure A.J. doesn’t have her guessing. We’re already in a deep mess as it is already.”

“Its ok. She doesn’t know, just curious. That’s all she’ll be.”

“Right…I got an idea…better then what A.J. thought of.” Nick beams, his sapphire orbs glimmer in mischief.

“Wow…you have an idea…the world really has come to an end.” A.J. strolls back in, with drinks in hand.

Nick snickers, looking around.

“She went out to the store man. What’s the idea?” A.J. smirks, putting his drink down on the coffee table.

“Heh…right…so this is the idea…” Nick begins to explain, wondering how far can they really go and pull through without getting them in jail for what they were about to do.
~*~

Howie looks over at her, nodding: “I’m glad you finally came to see me Mrs. Carter. This really is sweet of you bringing these brownies over to the station.”

“Oh well I thought it was only fit and for what you did before watching over and stuff, I’m really grateful for that and thankful. And plus I had some left over brownies, wouldn’t want to throw them away and such.” She eyes the young officer sitting behind his desk, munching happily on his piece of brownies.

“Mmm…these are incredible Jasmine. I wished I knew how to do this.”

“Well I can give you the recipe though I’m sure your girlfriend knows how to as well.” She pulls on the hem of her shirt eyeing the office.

Howie smirks, wiping his mouth with a napkin, quickly forming a ball out of it to shoot it into a basket across the room. Tossing the ball of napkin, he watches it hit the end of the basket and plop in grinning to himself.

“Nice shot.”

“Why thank you…and I’m sure she would know…if I had a girlfriend.” Howie stands up, clearing his throat.

“Ohh oops. Thought you did.” Jasmine smiles at the man momentarily, before backing up to the office door. “Well I should get home, my husband is waiting for me at home and I don’t want to be traveling too late and stuff.”

“Right. Well listen…now that you reminded me…I left a message on the answering machine a while back, but I don’t think you got it. It was about if you had a photo of your son.” Howie whispers out. “But don’t worry about it.”

“I have pictures of him…I…I can bring some in if you need it for the case.” She exhales, gulping. Memories rushing over her as she fights back the oncoming tears.

“Ohh God, I’m sorry Jasmine. I shouldn’t have said that. Here, you rest for a little bit and when you’re ready to head out, I’ll drop you off if you need.”

Jasmine gulps, sitting down on a seat glad she took a taxi and not her husband’s car, otherwise he would be worried about her more and she didn’t need to be the cause of that as well.
~**~


**~To Be Continued…~**