- Text Size +
“A Mother’s Tale”


**~Chapter Eight-Not Alone

He follows the officer inside of the police station bumping into a cuffed criminal hissing out at him laughing. Frowning, Damien walks into the station being directed to a seat inside a small office. Sighing, he plops down on a leather seat, the room so closed in as if almost caving him in with the sloped off white walls. Officer Dorough taps his fingers on the desk walking past him taking a seat across from him. Pulling out a sheet of paper and a manila folder, he eyes him and smiles.

“I’m not here to force you into saying anything. It’ll be a few questions and real fast so you can get back to work.”

Damien nods and sits back eyeing the folder as he begins to nervously shake his leg, sitting up.

Howie opens the folder, his eyes focused on some pictures and looks over to the young man. “Alright…this is what’s going on. Your name was mentioned if you’ve been keeping up with the news about knowing the man that was murdered off the roadside the other day. Now I need you to tell me how did you meet him?”

Damien snorts and shakes his head: “We grew up alongside each other. Basically best friends. Our families were near each other and we were hanging out.”

“Ok so you’re around the man’s age correct?” Howie drums the pen against the folder.

Damien nods and clears his throat, keeping his eyes on the manila folder across him.

“Ok and did you notice if Nick was acting oddly the night of his death? It was said you were the last to talk to him, what was that about?”

Damien licks his lower lip and sighs: “He just called talking about his girlfriend.” He smirks looking around.

“His girlfriend? What’s her name?”

“I don’t think I should say, I don’t want her involved in this.” Damien mutters scratching at his fingernail.

“We’re not going to question her, unless the court needs it for later witnesses. Just looking for some answers sir.”

“Right. Her ummm…her name is Arianna.”

“Ok.” Howie smiles, watching him: “What was her reaction when she found out about his death?”

Damien raises his eyebrows and shrugs: “She was upset I guess…” He tries to hold back a smirk, keeping his vision on the floor before looking up so as not to laugh right there and then.

“Alright, and that was the whole discussion?”

“I told him to not drive in the weather. It was a thunderstorm that night and he was driving all fast to get to his place.”

“He lived alone?”

Damien nods and smirks: “Yeah down by the side village off Amsterdam.”

Howie raises his eyebrows and shrugs: “I never heard of that place.”

“Its not easy to find, usually the natives around here can locate it.”

“Ok…well maybe we can set up a day for you show me exactly where he lived at. Is that alright with you?” Howie gazes at him.

Damien shrugs: “I’ll have to see…my job is hard on letting me get free days off.”

“I’m sure we can talk them into letting you have a day off. This is important in case we need to bring this issue up and take it up to court. So you understand how valuable it is for us to see this right?”

Damien snorts out: “Yeah…”

“Ok well good. You’re done. See that was it. Nothing to it. You can go back to work now.”

Damien nods and exits the office, heading out of the station laughing softly to himself as he heads to the street corner to hail a cab.

A.J. yawns, hearing his cell go off. Struggling to find it in the dark, he picks it up: “Yo this Alex’s whorehouse, what type of whore you interested in today?”

Damien smirks, leaning back in the taxi seat: “Just got out of the police station.”

A.J. blinks: “Oh shit for real? Damn, dude what happened?”

“Nothing…I guess you were right. The guy that was questioning me doesn’t know the area, I told him about Amsterdam.”

A.J. sips on his drink at that and snickers almost choking on his drink. “Haha and what he said man?”

“Dude looked at me like what the hell? Had no clue where that was and oooh get this, he wants me to take him to Nick’s house there.” Damien mumbles, watching the taxi driver turn onto a highway.

“Ahh hell that ain’t good! What the hell are we gonna do man? Nothing is set up there yet.” A.J. pulls out a loosey, putting the cigarette in his mouth and lights it up.

“No kidding. Brian is still getting some stuff ready, I think I should tell the cop to give me till like next week, by then Brian should have everything all organized. I don’t need to be walking in there to an empty apartment.” Damien mumbles out, his light eyes watching the other cars zoom past the taxi he’s in.

“Yeah don’t worry, I’ll get Brian right on that. 5-0 is already starting to piss me off and we can’t let that cop questioning you get wind on the plan.” A.J. blows out smoke, walking to his living room, plopping down on the sofa and props his legs up on the coffee table before him.

“Thanks, I need to hear that and dude don’t let him screw this shit over. I can’t be looking anymore guilty than I already look. I see the way Mrs. Carter looks at me at times like I had something to do with it.”

A.J. chuckles: “Well you did have something to do with it along with me and B-rok. But don’t worry, I got it all set up. You just chill and screw that beautiful blonde you have back there at home.”

“Heh…” Damien smirks: “I should tell you to do the same thing.”

“But of course…I don’t need anyone to tell me, you already know I got my girl to do fantastic things.” A.J. grins manically, jokily laughing.

Damien laughs: “Man you’re such a stupid ass sometimes.”

“Hey watch that tone with me!” A.J. laughs as Damien sees the taxi turn back down towards the office building.

“I gotta go. Back to work. See ya tomorrow at the funeral man.” Damien smirks, paying the driver and exits.

“Aight man, talk to ya later and tell Arianna I can hear her big mouth when she’s coming from down the two blocks.” A.J. jokes.

Damien cracks up: “Haha k, I’ll tell her to bite a pillow then. See ya, bye.” Hanging up, he smirks and heads back to work.
~*~

She feels his hands slide down her inner thigh working its way up to her side of her panties. Opening her legs a little, she can feel her husband’s hand caress her inner parts, stroking and rubbing, teasing and pulling causing her to exhale deeply, biting her lower lip. She missed these moments when Roger was away from work, the times when they can get to express their love and become intimate in ways that brought her to ecstasy once again. Her eyelids flutter as she can feel his lips trace down her neckline causing her to shiver and sigh breathlessly as her hips buck with his touch. He kept his hand down below, sliding a finger in seeing her reaction as she takes a sharp intake of air softly moaning out. He slides another finger in as she gasps, feeling herself becoming wet upon his hand.

“Roger…how I missed this.” Jasmine moans out bucking her hips to his hand with every touch.

“Shhh…my love just enjoy it. I’ll take care of it all.” He whispers out crawling on top of her, kissing her jaw line. She runs her hands through his hair smiling up at him, her hand brushing up against the base of his neck. Slowly sliding down his briefs, she feels him against her completely aroused and smiles. She runs her hands down his spine as her panties slid off her, her short gown lifts up over her head as her husband caresses her body with kisses, lifting her hips up as he becomes one with her. She gasps out, loving every touch and kiss with more intensity, her golden tresses begin getting moist against her flushed and heated skin as they made love that early morning.

Roger grinds his hips against her, as they flow rhythmically with each other: pleasure soaring and taking them to another level, a higher ground as if almost they were floating, lost within each other seeking to remain in each other’s lust and desire.

Jasmine smiles holding her husband close to her, wanting his body pressed against her for a while even after they made loved. She wanted that sense of security and become lost in his world, she needed and craved for the passion as she feels herself moan with each thrust, her back arching against each of Roger’s erotic touches within her and around her. She felt like she was thrown in a world of sensations, every part of her body eager to anticipate a form of delight. She gently scratches her husband’s back as she becomes close to climaxing hearing her husband’s heavy breathing against the base of her neck. She softly moans, gasping as she feels herself soar out, every part of her body overwhelmed with desires and pleasures that can only be met to such a degree. She was brought back down again and the moment she believed she was doing well, there the explosion of pleasure rises up taking her away again before bringing her back down to earth.

Catching her breath after their love making, she rolls to her side, running a hand down her husband’s cheek joyous for their unity. She was surprised to have some amazing love making since it’s been a while for her because of her husband’s active surgery job. But she was grateful and breaths out a sigh of relief as Roger kisses her hand. She loved the idea that for this morning everything was just right but as she thought about it, she knew why her husband did it.

Today was her son’s funeral and for perhaps that one time at the moment, Roger wanted to help her forget the loss and mourning and bring her to a place of fantasy, of excitement and desire. And for that, she was thankful yet she had to face the worst thing she dreaded today: the burial of her son.
~*~

She hums, looking through the closet for something to wear and frowns: “Baby what are you wearing?”

Damien looks up from ironing and shrugs: “Something black?”

“Funny. Haha. Come on Damien for real.”

He smirks and turns off the iron, picking up a black dress shirt, tossing it on the unmade bed. “I don’t care. It doesn’t matter, everyone is wearing the same color the way I see it.”

“Its not about that, you’re paying homage to your friend and you need to dress right.” Arianna grumbles, going to the closet shoving hangers of clothes aside and pressed against each other.

Damien mutters: “Why are we going? Does it matter?”

Arianna faces him and snorts: “You’re kidding me right? You know why you need to be there.”

“No, why don’t you tell me.” Damien stretches and coming up behind her picking her up as she squeals.

Giggling, she kisses him: “Put me down. We need to get ready for the funeral.”

“You didn’t answer the question.” Damien kisses her neck as she shivers, putting her back down.

“You know why, now stop before I get distracted.” Arianna smirks, pulling out a black frayed dress.

“That’s a nice homely dress.” Damien snickers, getting a playful push away from her.

“Gee thanks. I’ll remember that.” Arianna walks past him in: a low cut black satin short lingerie, her panties matching the rest of the lingerie.

Damien drops his eyes down below to see her legs: as she walks pass him smirking.

“Like what you see?” Arianna wiggles her eyebrows, teasing him as she crawls on the bed slowly in an alluring way.

“Damn…makes me wanna tie you down right now for that.” Damien smirks, going to the closet to find a pair black pants and matching dress tuxedo jacket. “Honestly I don’t wanna go. But for the sake of the plan I’m going.”

Arianna sits up, her legs before her on the bed, pulling a leg up to her chest as she adjust her lace top part of the lingerie, the top of her breasts almost popping out of the top.

Taking the clothes out of the closet, he turns around and blinks, dropping it on the floor and smirks. Crawling on the bed over her, he leans over kissing her.

“We have fifteen minutes to get this done, I don’t want to be late to the church.” She smirks.

Damien smirks and lays her down kissing her hoping that they have enough time. The last they needed to be was late because of sex.
~*~

Eliez frowns at the black stockings she’s wearing, constantly tugging at it to ease the discomfort and itch that seemed to be a slight problem with wearing such things as these.

“Stop doing that, you’ll ruin it.” Jasmine whispers, sniffing as Roger pulls up to the church and parks.

“Sorry…mommy I don’t wanna be here.” Eliez calls out, frowning at the sight of the small mass of mourning people standing before the church.

Clearing her throat, Jasmine manages to break a smile and turns to the backseat eyeing her daughter: “Baby, you know why it’s important we’re all here. This is where we say bye to your brother for a while.”

“But mommy, Nick isn’t sleeping. He’s not here. Mommy I know, he told me today. He back home.” Eliez whispers out.

Roger honks the horn and turns back eyeing his daughter: “Stop saying those things, Eli. You can’t see him. He’s sleeping. He’s not coming back so stop it.”

Eliez frowns and sniffs: “But…

“No more. It stops now Eli.” Roger darkly states, his eyes narrow at the site of the people standing before the church. “Let’s go. Its time to start the funeral.”

Jasmine gulps and steps out, taking her daughter out of the car as they proceed to the church.
~*~

“Ok…well at least this is a nice farewell party.” A.J. scans the perimeter of the large red bricked church, the tall arch windows covered with a small cross design on the corners of it. He could feel his hand being squeezed by Makenzie as he looks over to her and smiles: “What honey?”

“Are they late? I don’t see them. This is the right place right?”

A.J. nods, “Yeah the traffic sucks in the morning, you know how that is. I’m sure they’re on their way now.”

As he finished saying that, Makenzie turns around at the sound of a black Saturn pulling up to the parking lot.

“Oh they made it!” Makenzie smiles: seeing Arianna stepping out of the car heading their direction.

“About time. I was wondering about you two.” A.J. grunts out as Damien reaches him and smirks.

“Yeah sorry about that, we ran into a slight delay, not a big deal.” Damien smiles, fixing the black tie.

A.J. snickers: “Nice, you two fu-…” He stops mid-sentence as Damien points to the church.

“Have some consideration…we’re standing in front of a church man.” Damien grins.

“Hmmm…cked.” A.J. grins causing Makenzie to snicker, shaking her head.

Damien rolls his eyes: “Yeah it was great, had her screaming my name out for a while.”

Arianna rolls her eyes, walking to the church as Makenzie follows behind.

Whispering out, A.J. leans over to his friend to inform him that Brian was on his way along with his wife and should be here shortly.

“Good…” Damien looks around nervously, shoving his hands inside his pant pockets.

“It’ll be fine. You got what you gonna say about him right?” A.J. eyes him.

“Yeah…just I think this is getting a little out of line, don’t you think? I mean how long do we have to play this game with her?”

“As long as she doesn’t know the truth.” A.J. eyes him, pulling on his black dress shirt rolled up to his elbows, the black tie swinging side to side in the warm breeze.

“Yeah I guess.” Damien mutters, heading inside the church with A.J.
~*~

The first few rows of pews were filled with close family and friends as the minister appears on the stage. A large white and blue printed vase stood below him with adorning of flowers and wreaths around it. No pictures were placed around it for Jasmine didn’t have the heart to see a picture of her son around that. She didn’t want to believe her child was gone forever and not waking up. She can feel the warm tears flood down her cheeks as her vision clouds up before her. She feels her daughter’s hand clasps tightly around hers as her husband rubs her lower back gently taking her other hand in his, squeezing it softly.

She looks around and sees Nick’s friends made it to the funeral as they sat in the last row, their heads drop to the floor as if they were caught in a middle of prayer of some kind. Gulping: Jasmine turns back to see Arianna with her family whispering something to each other shaking their heads sadly at the funeral. Sniffing, she barely listened to the minister’s speech, her thoughts flooded with memories and sadness, she was surprised she was still sitting up right.

She blinks as she looks over to see Damien head to the front of the stage standing behind the podium, adjusting the microphone. He breathes out slowly looking at the small crowd feeling the eyes of Jasmine on him.

“Its hard to start a speech knowing the fact that a good friend of mines passed away. The thought never crossed my mind at how fast life can be and what a gift it is. I guess I forget those things when you’re young. You know that whole ‘live for the moment’ type aura. Nick…there was something about him, he had his life set out for him, everything he wanted he got. Determined more than anyone I ever saw, he was a person that took life and lived it. Growing up besides him, seeing the type of man he turned out for his family…it’s mind blowing.” Damien looks over at Roger who smiles and nods as Damien continues his speech: “I don’t want to take advantage of what life has to offer to me. Nick man, you’ll be missed. Hoping Heaven has a Jacuzzi, knowing you: you’ll be there with some angels around you.” He could hear some sad chuckling at the comment as he steps down and heads back to the pew seeing A.J. smirk.

“Nice one…had me fooled there for a second and everything.” A.J. smirks, eyeing him.

Damien gulps, holding back a smirk as the minister takes the stage again.

Jasmine watches as each person placed a prayer and flower besides the vase where the cremated ashes of Nick are in. She tries to hold herself together as the last of the people exit the church leaving just her and a few others behind.

Brian sighs, walking over to her to pull her into an embrace as she smiles sadly, accepting the welcoming hug.

“He’s in a better place now. He’s always with you in your heart.” Brian whispers out.

Jasmine sobs, the tears now freely escaping down her cheeks sniffing: “I just miss him so much. I can’t believe this.”

Damien sees Roger walk pass him: “Wait…its over now right?”

Roger smiles with a quick nod: “Yeah…just be careful with what you say. I won’t get you out of trouble if you say the wrong things kid.”

Damien nods: “Right…”

Makenzie sitting in a pew besides Arianna, watches her in the black soft frayed dress and grabs her hand: “I don’t know how long you and Nick knew each other, but I’m sorry for the lost. I’m sure Nick was a great man.”

Arianna grins, eyeing the large vase with interest: “Ohhh I’m sure he was too…”

Damien goes over to the women, taking Arianna’s hand: “Come on, let’s go.” He whispers out as Arianna smirks getting up exiting the church with him.

Makenzie raises her eyebrows, looking over at A.J. who smiles and stretches out his hand to her. Taking it, she eyes him strangely wondering if she missed something in this funeral that seemed to make them act oddly.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**