- Text Size +
As the weeks passed, Angie developed a real attraction to Chris, not one that was based solely on appearances. Sure she was physically attracted to him but there was more there. She was drawn to him as a person, his personality was great, not to mention the fact that Lily worshipped him. Most of the time he would get right into the sandbox with her. Chris also had the ability to make her smile when she was down and that meant a lot to her. He always seemed to know when to be funny and when to just let her cry; he always had a shoulder for her to cry on and an eager ear to listen with. She was falling in love with him and it killed her that he wasn’t with her, he, on the other hand, was feeling the exact same thing.
Wade and the guys thought that it was hilarious when Chris and Angie were together. Everyone in the free world could tell that they were in love with each other, yet they seemed completely oblivious to it.
The next day Angie was late for dance rehearsal, which was very odd indeed. She rushed into the studio with a smile on her face, which was strange also because she detested being late, so they all knew there was something going on. They were ready to congratulate Chris when they all noticed that he was as baffled by her smile as they were. As they were about to start practice Lance put the breaks on.
“Wait,” he said to Wade, “Don’t start yet, ok?” he said. Wade stepped back and nodded, he wanted to know why she was late also. The six of them surrounded her all with questions on their faces…Joey spoke first.
“Hey babe, what’s up?” he asked. She just smiled to add a little fuel to the fire.
“What do you mean?” she asked, innocently.
“Well, first of you are late. Which never happens but to top it all off you are smiling about it. Curious.” Wade said with his head tilted and his finger on his chin. This time she giggled. The whole situation was starting to get funny to them.
“I have a date.” She answered. Chris was instantly jealous. “Ok let’s dance.” She said with a clap of her hands. She went to turn on he music when six male voices boomed, “STOP!” in unison. She stopped dead in her tracks.
“With who?!?!” Chris demanded.
“Just a guy that I used to work with at the grocery store.” She said nonchalantly.
“You never said anything before, has Lily met him yet, what does she think??” he said in one breath.
“No, he hasn’t met her, but there is time.” She said
“But what if she doesn’t like him?!?!” Chris asked, Amber walked over to him and put her hand on his shoulder.
“She hates everyone and you know that. You, my brother and my father are the only men in the free world that she thinks are worth her time.” She couldn’t figure out why he gave a shit.
“I don’t think that you should go out with him.” He added. Now she was pissed.
“Why DO YOU CARE?!?” she yelled. He was getting flustered, he wasn’t sure he was ready to tell her why he cared…
“Because I lo…uh…just because. OK?” he said.
“No Chris it’s not ok, that is not a good enough reason.” She turned around and left the room, slamming the door behind her. Justin turned to Chris, almost bursting with laughter.
“You, my friend, are an idiot!” He said with a laugh.
“Yeah, dummy, now that you chased her away what are you gonna do???” JC asked as he walked away. Lance was the last to comment.
“Smooth.” Was all he said.
Chris was now really pissed, that did not go the way he had imagined it would. She was supposed to say, “Ok I won’t.” then they would both profess their undying love for each other, make out like crazy and live happily ever after. Something had gone terribly wrong.
All these thoughts were running through his head while he was at the set list meeting, Chris was in la la land most of the time. At one point while they were discussing what songs to perform he blurted out, “Girlfriend! We should definitely do Girlfriend.” If Chris had been paying attention to the meeting then he would have know that Lance all ready suggested that AND it was on the list. Everyone but Johnny laughed; obviously Chris had other things on his mind. He would find out after the meeting adjourned.
“Joe, come here.” Johnny said. Joey walked over to Johnny.
“Yeah ‘sup?” Joey said.
“What is going on with Chris, he always pays attention when we have our meetings.” Johnny asked.
“Oh, Angie dropped the bomb on him today. She told us that she has a date tonight.” Joey confessed
“Oh I see, that’s why he was down.” Johnny totally understood now, Chris had been in love with her since the moment he met her.
Meanwhile Chris was on the phone ordering his apology and confession.

An hour later, there was a knock on Angie’s door.
“Who’s there?” she asked
“Flora and Fauna Florists.” Replied the female on the other side. Angie went over to the door and looked through the peephole, and there was indeed a woman standing there with an armload of flowers. Angie let the woman in, thanked her and gave her a tip for the delivery. Unbeknownst to her Chris was standing around the corner, just out of sight. Waiting patiently for the right moment to knock. He wanted to give her enough time to read the cards and then he would knock.
Angie took the flowers into the kitchen and got out a crystal vase. She filled the vase with water and opened the bouquet; 2 dozen pink roses were staring her in the face and smack dab in the center was a single daisy. She reached for the card and read:

Angie
I am so sorry for the way that I acted today, I was an ass. Please forgive me.

Forever yours
Chris

P.S
I thought of a better reason, please open the card attached to the daisy.

She looked at the bouquet again and sure enough there was another card attached to the daisy, it said:

I am crazy in love with you, I hope that is a good enough reason for you.

Love
Chris

She was barely done reading the last card when she became vaguely aware of the knock on the door.
“Who dare?” Lily asked, Angie didn’t hear who answered but Lily said, “Come in.” then she heard the door open and Lily started giggling hysterically.