- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another 'cause the last one was so short! And also because I haven't updated this one in forever! Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB owns themselves. Thank-you!
Kevin’s view:

I nod smiling, feeling proud for some odd reason, as I see his glowing face. I bet the kid’s never had something as nice as this given to him before. Not by anyone. Well, maybe his grandmother, but she spoils him rotten, though you know she loves him to death. And she does make sure he’ll treat her gifts with the utmost respect.

“Yep,” I answer finally, moving to place it over his head, then let it drop so it’s hanging around his neck. “It’s all yours Alex.”

I watch as he picks it up carefully, eyeing it like a little kid would when totally awed by something. I try not to beam too much when he reads the inscription I had put on it.

“Whenever you need a friend, I’ll be there Bro,” he reads aloud. “Love, Kevin.”

He looks up at me all teary-eyed again, and I know I’ve gotten the not-so-tough A.J. back again.

“Thanks Kev,” he whispers, before hugging me for the second time. “This means a whole lot to me.”

I hug him back just as tight, now trying to will myself not to cry along with him. I don’t know why, but I feel the need to protect my new ‘little brothers’, him and Nick especially seeing as they’re so young.

He eventually pulls back and grins at me, letting me know the old rebellious A.J. is back once more.

“Do you think the other guys are still up?” He asks, his eyes still shining, despite his tries to hide his happiness.

“They’re probably still in Frick ‘n’ Frack’s room playing Nintendo,” I say. “C’mon. We can go check it out for ourselves.”

Oh, in case you’re wondering, Brian and Nick are Frick ‘n’ Frack. We dubbed them those nicknames as they’re like bookends; never seen without the other, and when they are, it’s very rare.