- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Yay for updates! One more for this one - one more short one - lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own story idea. BSB all own themselves. Thank-you!

Kevin’s view:

“Nickolas Carter,” I snarl somewhat. “Don’t you ever again make fun of that cross, young man! You hear me?”

I’ve moved so that I’m now looming over the small boy, and glaring down at him sternly.

Nick looks up at me fearfully and nods, too scared to say anything. I watch as he scampers over to the protectiveness of my cousin Brian’s embrace. I give him one last stern look before leaving the room to go find A.J.

I head straight across the hall to A.J.’s room, knock once, then walk in. I spot him lying face down on his bed and went over to sit down. Once I was seated I began to rub his back.

“Don’t worry about it Alex,” I tell him. “Nick’s just jealous because he didn’t get a gift. You know how he is.”

I watch him sit up and turn to face me. Without saying a word I pull him into a big bear hug, knowing that’s what he needed at the moment.

“He won’t make fun of the cross anymore,” I state. “Nor your blankie. And if he does make fun of your blankie, well, bug him about his fear of the dark then. Though, I will tell you this Alex. Two wrongs don’t make a right.”

He looks up at me and smiles softly. “Where were you when I needed someone to chase away the monsters in my closet?” He jokes ever so slightly, knowing I’d know what he meant.

“At home scaring them out of Brian’s closet,” I joke back. “But I’m here to scare them now. Out of everybody’s closets.”

“And they’ll be sure to run too,” he laughs. “The monsters I mean.”

“Sure you do,” I chuckle.