- Text Size +
Chapter Two: Outbreak


Raccoon City was a beautiful, clean and well looked after city. The civilians kept it tidy. There was a low chance of anybody catching diseases. How clean is that? There was a percentage every year of 6% of civilians who have died of a disease. It was not a very infectious city. However, Raccoon City has been bad for believing what other people say, when its the truth.

Jill Valentine, a S.T.A.R.S member of the Raccoon City Police Department, has had the exact same thing happen to her. It was a few months back, July 4th 1998, when she had to investigate and solve a mystery at a top-secret mansion on the outskirts of Raccoon City, hidden in the Arclay Mountains. Alongside her fellow S.T.A.R.S (Special Tactics and Rescue Squad) Alpha Team friends. Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield, Joseph Frost, Albert Wesker, Barry Burton and Brad Vickers all made up this team. As they entered the mansion, they did not realise that they have just entered the house of the dead! These monsters were walking in every corridor of the mansion and every corner Jill turned there would be one waiting for a living human to jump on! They were dead humans, but still able to walk and do other functions a live human was able to do. But they weren't intelligent. They however, had a need to feed on human flesh.

Jill and Chris had solved the mystery eventually. There was a hidden laboratory hidden underneath the mansion, run by Umbrella. They found out that their team mate and Captain, Wesker, had been involved with creating these bioengineered weapons which were called Zombies and other strong ones which Wesker set to kill Jill and Chris, the ultimate Tyrant. But Jill and Chris alongside with Barry, Brad and Rebecca (a member of the S.T.A.R.S Bravo Team who Chris met while searching the mansion) had managed to escape from the horror just before the mansion exploded into pieces by a self destruct in which Barry and Rebecca set up to destroy and stop the virus that created the monsters from spreading and getting into the city infecting everyone.

As they returned home and back to work at the Raccoon City Police Station to report everything that happened, they did so but Chief Irons believed none of it and said it was all "Codswallop!" Jill and Chris were suspended because of their action. Rebecca was fired. But Brad and Barry made no comment as they were so horrorstruck and shocked by what had happened to their lives.

So, above everything, Jill and Chris decided to leave the city. They seperated. Jill went on a vacation for a while, and Chris left in search for his sister Claire. They were not to know that the Arclay Mansion was not the only secret lab of Umbrella's! There were two more which were hidden underneath the city itself! And now...

Three Months Later...

October 30th, Saturday

8:00am, Raccoon City

Jill Valentine, who had arrived back home a few days ago from a 2 month vacation, was awake, in her kitchen cooking breakfast. She was wearing a blue shirt, with a white cardigan wrapped around her waist, and a black leather skirt. She was bare footed at the moment. She had short brown mahogany hair, and blue stunning eyes. Up on the kitchen wall was a pin board. There were articles cut from the local newspaper The Raccon City Times pinned up on it. The titles of one large article was;

"Two S.T.A.R.S. Members Suspended!"

The toast in the toaster shot out and Jill removed them from the toaster and placed them on a plate. She got the butter from the refridgerator and started to spread butter over the top of the them. But she stopped half way through the second one as she heard something she didn't want to hear on the radio!

"They are crazed! They are eating the flesh from other humans. What is wrong with these people?! Scientist's have just proved that its an outbreak of a virus! " shouted a womans voice through a very loud noise in the background.

Jill threw the knife onto the side, and ran into the living room. She grabbed the remote from the couch and switched the tv on. A news report was on! A woman wearing a white uniform (blazor and skirt) with black hair was speaking through a microphone.

"They are eating flesh from others! They are crazy! Oh my God! No! John!!!" she screamed but no more could be seen as the screen turned onto the background. The cameraman must of dropped the camera. There could be roaring and groaning and screaming heard from the background. All that Jill could see was people's legs getting close to each other. She went to turn the TV off but stopped as she saw the news reporters face again. She came out of nowhere. She had blooding oozing from a wound on her neck. Her eyes were pearl white. Then another person knealt down on her and started devouring her face!

"Oh no!!" Jill whispered.

She turned the TV off and pulled a handgun from a drawer in her bedroom. Then she strapped her brown boots on! She needed to make it to the Police Station quickly! And out she walked into the horror. There WAS an outbreak. The T-Virus has found a way into Raccoon City. Something Jill had feared since the mansion incident.