- Text Size +
Chapter Nine:
Alone...


All he could entrust upon was his Handgun. Leon watched as more of those monster-like humans crawled their way towards him, holding out arms as if to reach out for him. He could not get over to Claire's side, because the impact of the crash had caused a huge fire. Instead, Leon had to find another way to the Police Station, and the only route he could take was through those freaky humans!

He held his Handgun in front of him, and took aim for the first nearest three people. He shot each of them spot on the head, putting a hole in their forehead. They collapsed immediately to the floor, and never got back up. So that was a way to get rid of them, shoot them in the head! Leon followed this tactic, and he shot the next few.

"Get down you son of a bitches!" he shouted through firing his weapon.

They all collapsed and lay flatout on the floor. There was a building around the corner that lead to the back of this street! Leon needed to get there! He ran and ran, and turned a corner. As he turned into this corner, he was jumped on by a few of those people, three of them grabbing hold of him, snapping their jaws, trying to bite at his skin! But Leon pushed them off him with one forceful push and they went flying backwards. They hit the floor, but they still got up and tried to get back at Leon.

Leon looked at his Handgun and saw he was running low on Ammo. He needed to save it. You never know what else could be crawling the streets of Raccoon City. Instead, he put his Handgun away, and brought the true meaning of survival horror into the horrific world. He had a Survival Knife, and he held it tightly, releasing the anger and frustration that was in his head right now! The people got closer, groans echoing through the eerie silence.

"C'mon..." Leon whispered, waiting patiently for them to get closer.

Finally, they were within range of being slashed! He swung his knife at them, slashed their chest and blood sprayed everywhere. But...no effect! He aimed at the throat...still, only showers of blood! The person was still walking!!! Leon spun around him, and stabbed the person in the head, getting the knife stuck completely. He let go of the hem of the knife and watched the person collapse to the floor. There were two more behind him, but he had no more time!!

He needed to get behind that building...So he ran past the two, kicked the next three away from him. He grabbed a pole that happened to be on the floor and started whacking the people around the heads, knocking a few clean off in the process. Then finally, he reached the building with the exit to get out of this street. It was a store. A weapons store. There was a black Van parked outside.

He walked towards the huge brown door. He grabbed the handle, pulled it and the door creaked open...he stepped inside the store. It was very dark, he reached in his pocket for his torch, switched it on and let the light shine on many objects. He heard the click of a Shotgun, but he was probably hearing things. He looked on the walls for a lightswitch, and hallelujah! He found it, walked over to it and switched it on.

He turned around, and he laid his eyes upon a huge man holding a Shotgun behind the counter desk!

"Freeze!" the man said, clicking the Shotgun in his hands and taking perfect aim.

"Don't shoot!!! I am human!! A cop at that!!" Leon quickly said, terrified at the fact he almost got shot.

The man stared at Leon for a while, then he lowered the Shotgun and walked over to him. He turned to the brown door that Leon had just walked through, and locked it. There were huge glass windows next to it, huge enough for a whole person to fall through it.

"Sorry about that!" the man apologized. He scanned Leon's uniform. "You're a cop then? What are you doing here?"

Leon sighed.

"I have no time to answer your questions!" Leon replied, anger getting the better of him. "I just wanna know what's happened here!!"

The man sighed. He lifted his arm, and revealed a large blood patch on his white shirt.

"Those Zombies out there have taken over the town! There are probably no survivors but us here. There is not any way this can be stopped..." the man explained.

"Zombies?" Leon asked, guessing this was the name of those unusual human monsters outside.

"Those humans that have gone cannibalistic! They have taken over the whole of Raccoon City, and soon, it will be destroyed!"

Leon walked away. He couldn't believe this. The man watched him go around the store. Leon was looking for some Ammo for his Handgun. He found ten boxes of 45 bullets in a cupboard. As he shut the cupboard door, a loud smashing, glass shattering noise broke through the silence!!!