- Text Size +
As he was staring out the window of his appartment at the clouded sky, thoughts of him were going through his mind. He knew he had to do something, he knew he had to help him in some way. But the question was, how was he going to do that, now that the one in need of help didn't want to see him anymore?

He sipped his coffee and put down the mug on his window-sill.
Sadness came over him. He blamed himself for all of the things that happened, but now there was nothing he could do. Just as he turned off the light, the phone rang.
Letting out a deep sigh, he moved quickly across the darkened room, staring at the phone for a moment in hesitation before slowly picking it up. Bringing it to his ear, he paused, licking his lips as he tried to speak.

"Hello? You there?"
"Hey." His voice emegered hushed and strained, like he had been crying and he immediately cleared his throat, silently chastising himself for being so weak. "What's going on?"
"I don't know man. I don't know what to do about him." He closed his eyes. And they were back to that. Just when he had decided to try and stop thinking about him, here he was, his thoughts completely plagued with concern over his best friend.
"Me neither. AJ I-I've been going crazy trying to figure this out. I feel so useless." He sat down heavily in the chair beside the phone, raking a hand through his hair in frustration. "Shit, my call waiting is going off. Hang on a sec."

"Sure." Heaving another sigh, he squinted at the phone, trying to make out the 'flash' button in the darkness before punching it lightly and bringing the phone back to his ear. "Hello?"
No-one answered so he tried again. "Hello? Who's there?"
But the one on the other end of the line still didn't reply. He sighed and hang up on whoever it was.
"AJ?"
"Who was it?"
"I don't know. He or she didn't say a word."
"Strange.. Where were we?"

"Screwed." Brain muttered, shutting his eyes roughly as he felt a headache slowly begin to work it's way into his mind. AJ let out a small sigh, re-adjusting the phone against his shoulder as he stood up and stretched.
"Have you tried talking to him?"
"Of course!" The Kentuckian snapped. "That's all i've been trying to do. He won't listen to me. I think he hates me."
"He won't listen to any of us Rok, it's not just you." The rebel said softly, a frown taking shape on his features as he spoke.

"But I'm his BEST FRIEND! Why won't he let me help him?"
"I don't know Bri, I really don't. You know how Nicky can be...he pushes people away when he's hurting. This time is no different."
"This is completely different!" Brian hissed. "Are you kidding me AJ? This isn't some stupid argument or anything like that. We're talking life or death here! He needs us! He needs me!"
"Look, why don't we head over to his house and try to talk to him again, okay? Maybe if the both of us go, he'll come around."
"I don't know Jay,"
"It's worth a shot. I'll pick you up in 30 minutes. See you then."
"Yeah. See you." Shutting off the phone, Brian tossed it onto the couch across from him, running a hand over his face. His mind racing, he got to his feet, shaking his head in an effort to clear his thoughts. What was he going to say to Nick this time? "I have no clue." He whispered.