- Text Size +
On their way over, Howie was staring at the horizon, thoughts racing through his mind at a mile a minute. So it seemed Kevin found some doctor to help Nick, but that was all he had been told when he was dragged to the car by the eldest. Howie glanced at Kevin, who had a huge grin on his face. He had never seen his eldest friend so excited in his entire life, his eyes sparkling with hope and his foot on the gas, determined to get to AJ’s as quickly as possible. Howie was glad to see him smiling again, but he himself couldn’t help thinking that maybe, just maybe there was nothing anyone could do to help his little brother regain control over his life. He was the quiet one, but that didn’t mean he cared any less or wasn’t worrying as much as the others. He kept his thoughts and worries to himself, not wanting to be a burden to any of the others, who were obviously just as exhausted.
He was always at work, at A.J’s or searching for anyone who could help Nick pull through, but when the 13th doctor told him there was nothing he could do, he lost hope and felt guilty for it ever since. Nick still had faith, but he had lost his, how could he honestly tell him everything was going to be okay when he no longer believed it himself? Howie let out a long sigh as he closed his eyes, thinking back to when everything was normal, if you could call it that with the lives they led.

About ten minutes later, Kevin snapped him out of his journey on Memory Lane, by yanking open the door on the passenger side. “D., we’re here. Come on!” He turned his head, nodded and slowly got out of the car while Kevin was already heading for the front door. As he was about to knock, it swung open. “Hey Kev, come on in!!” Brian greeted as he pulled his cousin into a quick hug. As the older man stepped in, Brian hugged Howie who had been standing right behind him, yet he was invisible to the Kentuckian’s eye because of his small posture.

Kevin had already found the other two, who were still in A.J.’s studio waiting for his arrival. The rebel was sitting across from the couch on which the youngest was asleep. Not even the excitement of Kevin’s message earlier, could keep him awake since he hadn’t slept during the night. His body was weak and needed every minute of sleep it could get, but the nightmares were all the motivation Nick needed to try and stay awake. Kevin glanced at A.J. who slowly shook his head, telling him their friend wasn’t feeling well that day. Worry crept onto Kevin’s features, as he gently lifted Nick’s legs, sat down and placed them on top of his own. He had lost so much weight that Kevin could now easily carry him if he wanted to. Even though his touch had been gentle, it woke Nick from his sleep. His eyes fluttered for a moment before he looked at the eldest who was watching him shiver. Brian noticed, walked out of the studio, grabbed a thick blanket from the hall closet and when he returned, covered Nick’s body.

“Hey Nicky, how did you sleep?” Brian softly asked, relieved to see him awake.
“Okay, I guess.” He coughed as he tried to smile at his friends. Seeing the relief in the eyes of his friends, was painful, because it made perfectly clear what could happen soon if they wouldn’t find a cure. He could die, and the thought alone was enough to make him shiver. “Hey D., hey Kev..”
“Hey buddy!!” D. replied as happily as he could, forcing himself to smile as he sat down on the chair next to A.J. who hadn’t said a word ever since he walked in. Brian sat down on the floor in front of Nick, waiting impatiently for his cousin to fill them in on the situation.

“So Kev, what-”
“I think I found someone who can help us, guys.” He always spoke of ‘us’ or ‘we’, trying to make it absolutely clear that Nick wasn’t in this alone, that they were always there with him every step of the way. And he knew the youngest appreciated it, because it also made it seem as if he wasn’t the only one who was fighting for his life, they were all figthing the same for the same cause. “There’s just one little thing. I wouldn’t call it a problem though, but it is something we must take into consideration.” He paused for a second, looking at his four friends, his brothers.
“Spill it, Kev. What is it?! I’ll do whatever it takes.” Brian looked at Nick and smiled at him, knowing he would literally do whatever it took to help his Frack become his old self again. “I know, cuz. So will I. Nick, the doctor who can help us, she’s not from the US.”
“So? As long as she doesn’t speak Alien, I don’t care.” A.J. replied as he shrugged.
“She doesn’t live here either.” Kevin continued after smiling at the rebel. “We’ll have to fly overseas to see her. Dr. S-sc-schagen, or however you should pronounce it, works at the Erasmus Medical Center, an academic hospital in Rotterdam, which is in the Netherlands.”

The other four looked at Kevin in surprise, but it was Nick who spoke up, being his usual self.
“That’s in that country.. what’s it called.. Amsterdam, right?”
The other four bursted into laughter, which got them a puzzled look from the youngest, who had no idea that he had just made the same mistake he made a few years earlier when they did a concert in the same country. “What did I say now?” he questioned.
A.J. was laughing so hard that he had to catch his breath before he could answer the question.
“Amsterdam, dumbass, is the capital of HOLLAND, also know as The Netherlands!!”
_________________________

So it was another short chap.. please forgive us.. *lol*
I forgot to mention that acutally there was a huge breakthrough made on cancerresearch in the Netherlands recently,
and I think that even was in that medical center..
In case you forgot, Nijntje is from the Netherlands..