- Text Size +
AJ, Howie and Brian had still yet to move aside from watching Kevin dash up the stairs. They had heard muffled yells but none of them had gathered up enough energy to go see their eldest friend. They simply sat, staring at whatever they could, whatever wasn't Nick. And Nick stood there, hands shoved deep into his pockets, unsure of what to do.

"Guys I," Nick trailed off for a moment and sighed, finally falling into the arm chair across from his bandmates. "I-I'm so sorry." AJ finally shook himself from the stupor he had fallen into and rocked his head back and forth, fixing his gaze on his younger friend. Getting up, he moved over to Nick, pulling him into a big hug.
"Don't be." He whispered before pulling away. "We'll fight this Nick."
"Yeah," Howie added, rising to his feet and forcing a smile onto his features as he gave Nick a hug. "This isn't over yet."

"How long have you known?" Brian question was soft, his accent pronounced as he turned his watery gaze on his best friend, his hands clasped tightly in his lap. "Brian, who cares? We know now. Let's just figure out what we're gonna do." Howie frowned.
"How long Nick?" The southener demanded, his voice growing rough as he narrowed his eyes slightly, ignoring the Latino.
"Two months." The blonde finally replied, his eyes falling to the floor. AJ whipped around to stare at Nick and even Howie let out a small gasp in surprise.

"You've known for two months?!" AJ repeated. "Have you started anything? What are you doing to beat this shit?"
A half smile worked it's way onto Nick's features and he shrugged. "Nothing." Brian's eyes went wide and he got to his feet, feeling anger rush through him. "Why haven't you done anything? Have you talked to a doctor?" The southener was asking, his voice rising with each word.
"I-"
"This isn't just going to go away Nick! You can't just brush it off and leave it until later! What the hell is wrong with you?! Do you WANT to DIE?" Brian was screaming now, standing directly in front of Nick as Howie and AJ watched, open mouthed and in shock. "How stupid could you be Nick?!"
"Fuck you Brian!" Nick spat, shooting to his feet as frustration and anger coursed through him. "It's my fucking life!"
"Are you KIDDING me?! So you want to die? Don't you give a shit about anyone around you? Are you really that selfish Nick?"
"You don't know what the HELL you're talking about!" Nick yelled, towering over Brian as his eyes blazed. "How DARE you even su-"
"ENOUGH!" All four men jumped at the loud cry, immediately seeing Kevin standing on the staircase, looking absolutely livid at them.

"NO!" Brian exclaimed, for once he didn't obey his cousin, feeling he had to make a few things really clear. "HOW in the hell.."
"I SAID ENOUGH!!" Kevin bellowed at the top of his lungs. "Screw you, Kev." Brian growled before he returned his attention back to Nick, who was in shock, watching how his friends completely lost control of themselves.
"You haven't done ANYTHING?! How can you be this STUPID?!"
Nick felt how anger was again taking over his mind, his body.
"Stupid huh.." Nick exploded and hearing the agressiveness in his tone made him shiver.
"Yeah STUPID, CLUELESS, DUMB." Brian looked at him as if he was ready to lunge forward.
"Do you have ANY ideas of the side effects of the treatment? Doctor said I'll have to get chemo, Rok." Nick softly said.
"Yeah, so your hair will fall out, you'll look like shit for a while. So? Are you really THAT vain that you will risk your life just so you can look good?! Jezus, Nick."
Nick turned around so he didn't have to face his friend.
That Brian even thought that, made him feel like he had just been stabbed in the heart.
"WELL?"
"Don't, Rok." A.J. spoke up, trying to get everyone to calm down a bit, but Brian wasn't quite done.
"I WON'T calm down until I get an answer from vain little Nicky."
Nick turned around, facing Brian as he walked up to him so close that Brian could feel Nick's breath on his face, then he exclaimed while trying to hold back the tears. "After the chemo, LITTLE VAIN NICKY HERE, will probably not be able to have kids of his own."