- Text Size +
As they walked in the house, they found the rest of the guys in the living room. A.J. and Kevin were discussing the weather, and Howie did what he does best, sleeping on Nick's couch.
When Brian noticed, he gently poked Nick in the side and pointed at Howie. At first Nick didn't understand, but when he followed the direction Brian was pointing in, he chuckled. Howie could sleep anywhere, anytime, and now was obviously no exception. He and Brian glanced at each other, knowing this was the perfect opportunity to pull a prank which might relieve some of the tension.

Kevin and A.J. had stopped talking and when they saw what the other two were looking at, Kevin shook his head while smiling. He had seen those looks a million times before and knew they were up to something. Normally he would’ve probably said something to keep them from pulling a prank on Howie while he was asleep, because they had done that far too many times. But this time was different. All of them could use a laugh, but it was most likely only the four of them actually would. Nick placed a finger against his lips, signaling the others to be quiet as he and Brian went over to the kitchen, where they softly prepared one of their jokes that would probably go down in history as one of the most hilarious ones.

They tiptoed back into the living room after a few minutes, Nick holding a huge bowl. A.J. tried to see what was in it, but Nick held it above his head, so nobody could see. Brian knelt down next to Howie’s head as his friend held the bowl right above his face, with the open side facing him. Brian counted down with his fingers..3...2...1.. after which the two clowns yelled “WAKEY WAKEY!”, causing Howie to shot up straight, planting his face in the huge bowl. The other four bursted into laughter, and when they heard him muffle something like “W-whaat the duck?!” they completely lost it.

The two clowns high-fived and even Kevin started to cry because he was laughing so hard. Howie took of the bowl, and looked a bit puzzled at the others, his face covered in whipped cream. The look of that only caused the others to laugh even harder, and Howie joined in. He knew it was his own fault, falling asleep on the weirdest occassions. Brian who was still chuckling, eventually threw him a towel so he could clean up. Howie caught it and tried to get the sticky stuff off his face. As he was doing so, silence slowly came over the five men.

Wiping the goo off of his face, Howie briefly shot a glare at his two younger friends,
"Thanks guys. Thanks a lot." He muttered, folding the towel in half before chucking it at Nick.
Nick caught it with a loud snot, trying to hold back his laughter. "I'm sorry D." He chuckled. "Really, but it was just too perfect to pass up."
"Yeah," Brian nodded. "When opportunity presents it self, you gotta go for it."
"Oh shut up." The Latino mumbled, rolling his eyes. "And you two!" He turned his glare to Kevin and AJ. "What did you do, just watch?"
AJ shrugged as he re-adjusted his baseball cap, a large grin on his face.
"Hey, you know how it is with those two. Sit on the sidelines or become the next target. Sorry dude."
"What he said." Kevin sighed, wiping the tears out of his eyes. "Ahh, we needed that."

"I suppose." Howie grumbled, a slight smile creeping up onto his face. "But why it had to be at my expense, like usual, I will never figure out."
"It's because we love you D." The blonde laughed, "Yeah Howie, it's all about love." A wicked gleam shown in Brian's eyes as he glanced at Nick. "Show Howie Nicky." Nick nodded and let out a loud yell before running at Howie and tackling him with a big hug. "I wuv voo!" He gave Howie a big kiss on the cheek as he hugged him, causing the older man to groan as he tried to push the younger man off of him. "Alright! Alright!" Howie was yelling, trying to shove Nick away. "Nicky back! Back! Brian, would you call off your attack dog?"
"Howard, I'm shocked!" Brian gasped, putting a hand over his heart. "Do you not want the love of young Nickolas?" Kevin simply chuckled as he got to his feet, tugging his youngest bandmate off of Howie and watching as Nick tumbled to the floor.

"Hey!"
"Not my fault." Kevin shrugged, beginning to walk past the blonde. "We should probably figure out dinner or s-AHHH! NICK!" The older man went sprawling to the floor, narrowing his eyes as he saw Nick's hand leave his ankle.
"Whoops?" The youth chuckled.
"You've got 10 seconds before I kill you Carter." Kevin growled, pushing himself to his feet. "1...2...3...10!" Nick sprang to his feet as Kevin lept after him, the younger man's laughter echoing through the house, followed by pounding footsteps as Kevin ran after him.
"I better go help Frack save his ass." Brian laughed, jumping to his feet and taking off after the two men.

"I can't imagine Nicky not being here." Howie said suddenly, immediately sobering up AJ who turned to stare at him.
"I mean, I don't want to bring the mood back down but-"
"Then don't." AJ snapped, throwing his sunglasses on.
"AJ, we have to think about reality." The older man sighed. "It sucks, but we have to figure out-"
"Not right now." The rebel hissed, cutting off his friend. "Just drop it for the moment Howie. Nicky needs this. So does Bri and Kev...us too."
"I know, I know."
"So then stop talking about it Howie." AJ got to his feet as he heard a large splash come from outside, followed by Brian's loud laughter, a grin appearing on the younger man's face. "I think Kevy threw Frack into the pool! C'mon D! We gotta see this!" He cackled, running out of the room as he slapped Howie on the shoulder. The Latino shook his head as he got to his own feet, walking to the sliding glass door and looking outside. A smile danced onto his face as he got a good look at his four brothers. Nick was in the pool, his clothes a complete mess, rolling his eyes as Brian and AJ pointed and laughed at him while he swam over to where Kevin was sitting on the side of the water, his feet in the pool as he looked at Nick with a smug smile on his face.
"Don't you dare." Kevin warned, starting to pull his feet out of the water.
"What?" Nick asked innocently. "Don't pull you in? I won't." The youth smiled brightly, glancing behind Kevin. "I'll just let AJ & Frick push you in."
"Wha-" Was all Kevin got out before he was shoved into the pool, the 3 younger man roaring with laughter as Kevin surfaced, sputtering and cursing. "Priceless!"AJ was gasping out. "Oh man! That was priceless!!" Brian was laughing so hard he was on the floor, clutching his stomach as he simply nodded. With a small sigh, Howie stepped out onto the deck, "Please," He whispered, glancing up at the night sky before walking towards his friends. "Don't let this all become nothing more than a memory."