- Text Size +
“Are you ready to order?”
“Yeah I think so. I’ll have a double cheeseburger with fries….Oh and also a side of onion rings.” Nick says smiling.

“Way to order half the menu Carter. I’ll just have a cheeseburger with fries.” I say the waitress.

“Ok thanks. Your food should be ready soon.”

Nick and I are sitting in a circular corner booth at a little burger joint somewhere in LA. He wanted to take me to somewhere where we could be comfortable and not have to get all dressed up.

This was perfect. I didn’t need to go somewhere fancy to have a good time, and he doesn’t either. As long as theirs food, he’s fine.

“Hey look.” He says.

So I turn my head towards him, and before I could respond, the paper covering from a straw flies into my face.

“Ugh no fair! I already opened my straw.” I say with a sarcastic pout.

“Aww baby don’t cry.” He says laughing as leans over and kisses me.

“So how was your class today?”

“Pretty good. I have a bunch of papers to grade by tomorrow though. I’m gonna be up half the night trying to get them done. I really should be doing them right now as a matter of fact, but I decided that you are just al little bit more important than the tests.”

“Just a little bit?”

“Yeah and it’s like, borderline too.” I say smiling.

The waitress walks back around the corner carrying the tray with our food on it.

“Ok so here’s your double cheeseburger with fries and onion rings, and here’s your cheeseburger with fries. Enjoy your meal!”

“Thanks.” We both say.

“Oh man I’m starving!” I say as I squirt ketchup on my plate.

“Me too.” He says with 3 fries already in his mouth.

I grab one of my fries and dip it into the ketchup. I raise it to my mouth and just as I plop it in, a huge glob of ketchup drips from the fry, onto my chest.
“Ugh damn.”

At least it didn’t hit my shirt since its low cut, but still, that sucks.

“Ill get it!” Nick says immediately.

He leans his head down over my breast and licks the ketchup up off of it. He’s turning me on in a restaurant. Not good.

When his head comes up, I look over to see a mother covering her little boy’s eyes at the table across the room.

We both start laughing hysterically.



*15 minutes later*

I stretch my legs out across the empty booth on my other side and lean my head on his shoulder.

“Why do I always get so full when I’m with you?”

“I donno. Maybe because I eat a lot and it makes you eat a lot?”

“Who knows.”

We sit there for a few moments in silence, and then Nick grabs my hand.

“Baby I’m so glad we are getting to do this, spend time together. I always felt horrible for never seeing you when I’m back here. I want you to know that it was never because I didn’t want to be with you, I was just busy. And since we have been together these past few days I have realized something that I think I have known all along.”

“And what’s that?” I ask

“Anna..I love you.”

I turn my head to look at him and see that he is completely serious. There is a sort of nervousness in his face that I have never seen before. So I guess everything that AJ told me was true.

“I love you too.” I tell him, grinning.

“Thank God!” He yells, and then jumps on top of me, smothering me with kisses.