- Text Size +
*Chapter 23*

“Anna?”

I open my eyes to see AJ standing over me.

“Yeah?” I say sleepily.

“Sorry to wake you, but Nick’s here. He wants to see you.”

“Ugh. Can you just tell him I’ll be back in our room in, like, ten minutes?”

“Sure.”

He walks out and reappears about a minute later.

“So are you going to tell me what happened or am I gonna have to drag it out of you.” He says sitting down at the end of the couch.

“Last night he went out with some people and came home at one in the morning drunk off his ass. He started yelling at me when I wouldn’t get in the bed with, and he got even madder. He got up, cornered me, and started kissing me. I pushed him away, grabbed Baylee and left.”

“You had Baylee with you?”

“Yeah I was watching him for Leigh and Bri.”

“He didn’t see any of that, did he?”

“No, he was sleeping on the couch. I told Nick he was in the other room, but he just yelled that he didn’t care.”

“Shit, I’m really sorry.”

“Yeah, me too.”

A few minutes later, I leave Howie and AJ’s room and head back to my own.

When I get there I look through the suite until I finally find him out on the balcony, sitting in one of the chairs.

As soon as I walk out, he gets up and says “Anna, I’m so sorry.”

I walk to the ledge and lean on it, staring out at the landscape.

“Are you going to say anything?” he asks.

“What do you want me to say? Oh, it’s ok that you went out, left me here alone, got drunk, yelled at me, and tried to have sex with me when I didn’t want to. I feel like I’m always saying ‘Don’t worry about it. It’s fine,’ And then dropping it. I’m sick of that. I’m sick of this! I know you like having a good time and there’s nothing wrong with that, but when you do it constantly there is something wrong. What about me Nick? I feel like you don’t care anymore; that you’re only concerned with your lifestyle and doing whatever you want to.”

“Come on you know I care about you.”

“It doesn’t seem like you do anymore. In the beginning you did all these nice things for me, but when you left, you barely called or talked to me, and now that I’m here, it still seems the same way.”

“I don’t know what to say other than that I’m really sorry. All I want to do is be with you.”

“Ok. Whatever.” I say walking off the balcony, and back into the room.

I walk over to my bag and throw on a pair of sneakers.

As Nick walks in he sees me and asks, “What are you doing?”

“Going for a walk.”

“Do you want me to come with you?”

“No, I’d rather just go alone.”

So with that, I finish tying my shoes and walk out the door.

As I step out onto the street, I breathe in the air.

Well, my first trip to Italy didn’t go exactly the way I wished it would. As I walk through the streets of Rome, I think that I had too many expectations that I shouldn’t have had. I though Nick and I would get to spend all this time together and that he would do something special, like at least take me out to dinner.

The girls and I are leaving tonight, and the two of us hardly got a chance to be alone and talk; he just did what he wanted.

I don’t know how much more of this I can take.


*Later that Night*

As I finish cramming things into my suitcase, Nick sits on the couch watching TV.

Earlier we all went out to dinner. Nick and I sat next to each other, but didn’t talk. We just sat there making conversation with everyone else.

When it’s time to leave, Nick grabs my suitcase and we silently walk down to the lobby, where once again we pile onto the bus and head for the airport.

The ride is not too long and when we get there, we are immediately lead back to the jet we had come in. Just before we had to board, we say our goodbyes…again.

I gave Brian, Kevin, and Howie each their hugs, and then came AJ.

“Thank you so much. You don’t even know how much this meant to me. And thanks for helping me out last night.”

“No problem sweetie. Have a safe trip home and I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“Ok bye.” I tell him.

I walk over to Nick who was standing behind the other guys.

“Well I guess this is goodbye.”

“Yup.”

“So, I’ll see you in 3 weeks then.”

“Ok. Bye.”

He leans down, gives me a small peck on the lips, and then starts to walk back to the bus.

I take a deep breath and holding back my tears, make my way up into the plane. When we enter, I sprawl myself out on one of the couches, while Kristin takes one and Leighanne and Baylee take the other. As soon as the plane takes off, I pull the blanket over my head and try to muffle the sounds of my crying.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I follow the rest of the guys back onto the bus and take a seat by myself at the back. I close my eyes and try to relax, but once we start moving I feel someone take the place next to me.

I re-open my eyes to see AJ sitting beside me.

“Hey.” He says to me.

“What’s up?”

“Nothing really, I was just wondering, why did you go out last night? Your girlfriend flew all the way across the country to see you and you left her alone.”

“I don’t want to talk about this now ok. Just forget it. It’s none of your business anyways.”

“Well if you don’t want to talk about it fine, but I would watch it because you’re hurting her, and if you keep doing it, she’s not gonna stick around.”

“Seriously leave me alone. This is between me and Anna, not you.”

“Dude I’m just trying to help you! She was crying and upset. I don’t like seeing friends that way, and knowing you, her boyfriend, was the one that made her that way just sucks.”

“She’s my girlfriend AJ, so just fuck off.” I yell.

I get up and walk to the front of the bus. I can feel all of the guys staring at me but I just close my eyes and try not to think about it. I try not to think about any of it…