- Text Size +
*Chapter 7*

“Holy shit Anna wake up!” Sarah barges into my room screaming.

She over reacts about everything, so she is probably coming in to tell me the trash bag is full and it needs to be changed. I pull the pillow over my head and try to ignore it.

“Don’t try to pull that pillow over the head crap with me! You have got to see this!”
“Ugh what.” I groan from underneath my pillow.

“You are on the cover of a tabloid!”

As soon as she says this I slowly pull my head out from under the pillow and turn my head to see her standing there holding a copy of one of the ridiculous tabloids she reads, but there, on the cover, was a picture of me and Nick standing on his front steps kissing.

I grab it out of her hand and look at it.

Fuck. That’s just great.

“Apparently you are pregnant with his baby and you got married yesterday in the backyard. Sounds exciting.”

“Oh come off it. At least nobody believes this shit anyways, but I don’t want my picture all over magazines like this.”

“Well you are gonna have to get used to it since you two got married.” She says laughing and starts to walk out of the room.

“Get out!” I yell and throw the paper at her.

I lay back down on the bed and just think for a while.

I had never really thought about what life would be like if Nick and I got really serious. There would be tons of pictures of the two of us and paparazzi following us around. Having a private life would pretty much be out of the question.

But I guess it wouldn’t matter as long as we have each other.


*One hour later*

“So what are you and Nick now? Are you together?” Leighanne asks.

“That’s a good question. I don’t really know what we are exactly. I am pretty sure we both like each other. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.” I tell her.

Leighanne and I are sitting outside of the Coffee Bean in Malibu drinking our lattes, while Baylee is sitting with us, coloring on a sheet of paper.

“Well that’s really the only thing you can do. Just wait to see what happens. You never know, you two could end up getting married and having babies.” She says

“Ha. Nick getting married. I doubt it. And as for the babies, I do wanna have some one day, but only if they are as cute as this little guy!” I say jokingly looking at Baylee. “ Do you and Brian want to have any more kids?” I ask her

“Oh eventually we probably will. Right now isn’t really the best time though with the group being back together, the touring, and not to mention Baylee is still young. But I’m sure one day we……..AJ!”

I turn my head to see him walking towards our table. First he walks over to Leighanne who stands up to give him a hug and then he walks over to Baylee.

“Hey little man.” He says to him, ruffling Baylee’s hair with his hand.

Then he turns to me.

“Now who is this lovely woman?” He asks Leighanne.

“Oh sorry I forgot to introduce you. AJ, this is Anna, and Anna this is AJ.” She says.

“Now please don’t tell me this is Nicky’s Anna, because if it is I don’t know why she is wasting her time with that one.” He says laughing, and smiling what is probably the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

“Yep this is her.” Leighanne informs him.

“Well it’s very nice to finally meet you.” AJ says while he takes my hand and kisses the top of it.

Wow.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” I answer.

“Well do you two ladies mind if I join you?” He asks.

“Nope, go right ahead.” Leighanne says.

“Ok then well I’m gonna go grab a coffee and ill be right back out.” He says.


*5 minutes later*

As Leighanne and I are talking, AJ comes back out of the coffee shop and sits down at the empty side of the table.

“So what have you been up to for the last couple of days J? We haven’t seen you since we got back here.” Leighanne asks him.

“Oh nothing really. Just trying to unwind. I had a meeting the other night so that’s why I couldn’t come to the barbeque, but other than that, just sort of relaxing.” He says.

As Leighanne and AJ talk about this for a while, I just sit there quietly, staring at him. Sitting there looking at him, I think that this is the most attractive man I have ever seen. I mean Nick is attractive don’t get me wrong, but there is just something about the way AJ looks, dresses, and talks. Not to mention he has the most gorgeous brown eyes.

“So Anna you’re a teacher right?” He asks me.

Shit Anna come on. Snap out of it!

“Oh um…yeah I am. I teach second graders.” I tell him.

“That’s cool. So are they a good bunch or a bad bunch.” He asks jokingly.

“Well it depends. Some days they are fine but other I just want to walk out of the room. But I really do love it.” I tell him.

“Yeah teaching is a very respectful job. And I bet it’s really hard work too.”

“Oh it is.” I answer.

Just as he was about to say something else, a group of three girls walked up to the table, wide-eyed and looking nervous.

“Um sorry to bother you AJ, but do you think we could get an autograph?” The smallest of them asks him with a shaky voice.

“Of course you can.” He tells them.

As he asks each of their names and signs a napkin for them, I can’t help but think how sweet this is. He really does care about his fans. Watching him, I wonder if Nick would do the same thing.

“Thank you so much!” They all say to him as they walk away, clutching their signed napkins.

“You are very welcome.” He says, and flashes them a smile.

Then he turns back to us. “Sorry about that ladies.”

“Oh don’t worry about it. That was really sweet of you.” I tell him.

“I don’t mind as much as I used to. If it weren’t for the fans we wouldn’t be where we are today.” He says.
After about ten more minutes of talking, Leighanne looks down at her watch.

“Alright guys, it’s time for Baylee and I to go. He has a play date in a half an hour and I don’t want to be late.” She says.

So AJ and I stand up to give her and Baylee each a hug goodbye. When they are gone, AJ sits back down so I decide I should too.

“So how long have you and Nick known each other for again?” He asks me.

“Wow let’s see….probably about 8 years now.” I say.

“And you two have dated before right?”

“Yeah, when we were younger. Just for a couple of months though.”

“Oh yeah that’s right.” He says. “He talks about you a lot you know.”

“I know I’ve heard. What does he say?” I ask, taking a sip of my latte.

Maybe he will give me some answers.

“Well apparently you are the love of his life.” He says.

I nearly choke on my coffee and have to take a few breaths before I manage to say, “What?”

“Hey you asked what he said!” AJ says with a laugh.

“Well I didn’t think that would be the answer!” I say.

I lean back in my chair and think I am about to fall over. I don’t know whether to believe what AJ is saying or not. I mean Nick telling them that I am the love of his life seems highly unlikely, but then again he has been surprising me lately.

“Are you ok?’ AJ asks.

“Oh yeah sorry. I’m fine.”

“Ok good. Well I think I should get going. I have a few things to do today, but it was really nice getting to talk to you. I will probably be seeing you a lot in the next two weeks.” He says.

“Yep probably.” I say as we both stand up.

“Well I guess it’s a good thing that I like you then.” He says laughing.

My cheeks turn a bit red at this.

“Well I like you too.” I say giggling.

Wait, why I am I giggling? I NEED TO STOP!

“See you later.” He says as he steps forward to hug me.

I hug him back and when he pulls away I say goodbye.

I walk back to my car and sit there for a moment. Deep inside of me, I feel something that I can’t explain.

I don’t like him, like him do I? Of course not I don’t even know him. But then why do I feel strange like this.

Well whatever this feeling is, I push it down and remember that I have a date with Nick tonight, so ill just concentrate on that.

Yeah. I just need to concentrate on Nick…….