- Text Size +
*Chapter 9*


I slowly open my eyes to find Nick laying next to me in the bed, just waking up as I was. He moves his head so he is looking at me, and I give him a smile.

“Morning baby.” Nick says, as he scoots closer to plant a soft kiss onto my lips.

“Hi” I say to him.

I glance over at the clock and realize it’s 11:00 already. I don’t think I have slept this late since I was younger. But who could blame us? We had a late night last night. Well, I guess you could call it that.

“Ugh I need to get up. Can I use your shower?” I ask him as I wrap one of the bed sheets around myself and climb out of bed.

“Only if I can come in with you.” He says playfully.

“You wish Carter.” I say laughing as I walk into the bathroom.


*a little while later*

I step out of the shower and grab a fresh towel from the rack.

When I am done drying myself off, I look around and find a robe hanging on a hook, so I grab it, and drape it over myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so now 2 cups a flour. But how much is a cup? Damn pancakes.

This is why I never cook, but I thought I would surprise her with a late breakfast.

I decide I should just dump in some flour, when I hear her voice behind me.

“Aww look Honey you’re trying to cook,” She says.

I turn around to see Anna leaning on the counter, her chin in her hands. She’s wearing my robe that is two sizes to big for her, and because of this, the tops of her breasts are peeking out from the low slit in the front. I get the sudden urge to just rip the whole robe off of her, but I decide against it due to the fact that I don’t think it would fly to well with her.

“Well, I am definitely trying.” I tell her.
She walks over and looks into the mixing bowl.

“Oh Nick, it’s so sweet that you tried, but why don’t you let me finish it up.” She says giggling.

I look down at the bowl and decide she was right, so I kiss her on the head and walk over to the table to sit down.

I just watch her as she finishes mixing the batter and then pouring the mix into the pan.

Last night was amazing. I have never felt this way about anyone and I want to tell her how much I love her, because I do, a lot. I just don’t know if I should tell her.

When the pancakes are done, she puts them on two plates and brings them to the table.

I notice she put a couple extra pancakes onto my plate. She knows me too well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*10 minutes later*

“Oh my god I am so full!” I say as I lean back in my chair.

“I know how you feel.” Nick says. “Hey guess what.”

“What?”

And he answers with the loudest burp I think I have ever heard come out of his mouth. I break out laughing, not just at the burp, but at the satisfied look he has on his face.

He is the only person I know that gets excited when they burp.

“Very cute.” I tell him.

“I know it was wasn’t it? Ok now your turn.”

“I can’t burp. I have to like, drink a soda or something.”

“Well then I’ll get you one.” He tells me.

So he jumps out of his seat, runs over to the fridge, and pulls out a soda. He comes back to the table and hands it to me. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try.

“Ok go.” He says to me.

I open the soda, give him a look, then start to drink it.

After half the soda is gone, I set it down and concentrate. I gulp some air, open my mouth, and out comes a burp.

We both start laughing hysterically and as I look up I notice someone else has just entered the room.

It’s AJ.

“Oh God.” I say feeling really embarrassed.

Nick turns around and sees AJ.

“Oh sorry guys, I didn’t know…”

“Hey J, don’t worry about it. Come sit down.” Nick says to him.

AJ walks over and sits down at the table as I pull the robe tighter around my body, since I’m not wearing anything underneath it.

“Hey Anna.” He says to me smiling.
“Hi.” I say back.

“So what’s up?” Nick says to AJ.
“Nothing much. I was just driving past and thought I would stop by to see what was going on over here.”
“Oh I see.” Nick says.

I take the pause in the conversation to let them know I was going to go upstairs and get dressed.

I climb the stairs and go back into Nick’s bedroom to pick my scattered clothes up off the floor. Once I finish picking them up, I walk to the bathroom to get changed. Looking through the drawers, I find a blow dryer to finish drying my hair.

When I decide I look decent enough I go back downstairs in my black dress from last night, and carrying my heels. AJ and Nick are still sitting at the kitchen table.

As soon as Nick sees me he says, “Hey babe AJ has a really good idea.”

“Oh he does?” I say in sort of a sarcastic way, walking towards the table.

“We think you should come with us to the Kimmel show tonight, you know to hang out before and then watch us perform.” Nick says.

“Yeah you should definitely come.” AJ adds.

I think about it for a second but it doesn’t take me too long to decide.

“Sounds good.” I tell them.

“Score.” AJ says laughing.
“Well I’m glad you’re happy, but I think I should go home for a while to get ready and all of that good stuff, and then I’ll come back over here. But Nick I need you to take me since, uh, I don’t have my car.” I say.

“I can take you if you want. I was going to leave soon anyways.” AJ offers.

“You sure? I don’t mind.” Nick says.
“Yeah it’s fine. I don’t mind at all.” He tells Nick. “I’ll just go pull the car into the driveway.”

AJ walks out through the garage as Nick walks me to the door.

“Thanks for a wonderful night Nick. Ill see you later today.” I say as I kiss him.

“Later babe.” He says.

He opens the door for me and I walk out towards the driveway. AJ is there in his black Range Rover waiting for me, so I walk over, open the door and climb in.