- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ack, sorry it's taken me SO long to update, I swear this is the first time I've been on my comp since some time last week! I haven't written in a while, but I'm gonna post another chapter in the meantime.

Enjoy!
Chapter 105

Three Weeks Later…

Veronica opened the door and made her way inside, a smile on her lips. That had been fun, interesting, but fun. Veronica and Lynne had met a couple of guys last weekend at a club and had decided to double date this weekend. Scott, Veronica’s date was nice, but he wasn’t really her type. She didn’t foresee another date in the near future.

Making her way into her bedroom, she quickly changed and grabbed her cell phone, sitting down on her bed. She called Nick and left him a message since he was in the middle of a concert, telling him to call her whenever he had the time. She flipped the phone closed and sighed heavily, a small smile on her lips. Things sure had changed over the last few weeks, she gone out more with Lynne, been on a few dates, tried hard to open up a bit more. Still it all paled when it came to one thing.

She’d be seeing Nick again next week.

She couldn’t stop thinking about it, she didn’t think she’d be so excited to see him, but she was. Part of her was somewhat worried about how he would treat her in front of everyone else, if he would act as if nothing had ever happened. Would he treat her like a normal fan or as an actual friend? How would the rest of the guys treat her? Veronica nibbled nervously on her bottom lip, all that considered, she still couldn’t stop the longing to see him, the need to hold him again. Sighing, she stood and made her way out her room and into the kitchen. After making herself a cup of cocoa, she headed into the living room to watch TV.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A Few Hours Later…

“Hello?”

“Hey girl.”

“Nick! How’s it going? How was the show tonight?”

“Good, the crowd was great and everyone was just really on. Last night was a disaster.”

“That bad huh? I did get your message last night; I was asleep though, so I didn’t get to read it till today.”

“The worst, we kept having prop issues, the snow that was supposed to come down for “Siberia”, never came down. My black glove was missing; Brian’s shirt got caught on something and tore…ugh.”

“Aww I’m sorry, always gotta have an off day…or concert in this case.”

“Yeah I know, but they suck cause then it’s like…the fans get jipped ya know?”

“Well to be honest, a lot of the time we can’t even tell.”

“That’s a relief,” Nick sighed.

“It’s cool, don’t stress too much about it.”

“So…I’m really looking forward to coming back to New York next week.”

She smiled, “So am I! I can’t wait for the concert, I’m so excited.”

Nick smiled, he was excited for the concert too, but more excited to actually see her. He couldn’t stop thinking about it; the days seemed to drag by.

“I’m glad, I was hoping you would be and that you hadn’t forgotten,” he teased.

“Psh, yeah right.”

“So, have you put a picture on the pass yet?”

“Yup, got it done last week and put this plastic, laminate stuff over it so it doesn’t fall off.”

“Cool, please don’t forget it next week, granted you’ll get in anyway, but still.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll have it. I’m considering going to sleep with it on the night before,” Veronica chuckled.

“Don’t do that, you’ll choke,” Nick laughed.

“Yeah, that thought did occur to me later.”

“Good. How’d this evening go?”

“It was alright, Scott was really nice, but not my type.”

He couldn’t help but let out a sigh of relief.

“Oh?”

“Yeah, like I said, he was nice, but there were no…sparks, ya know?”

“Definitely.”

“So yeah, we exchanged numbers anyway, but I don’t think there will be any calling from either of us, which is fine with me.”

“Damn, well sorry it didn’t work out.”

And he was, at least a small part of him was.

“It’s cool; Lynne and I are going out again this weekend with some guys we met at another bar. Lynne insists that I need to play the field more.”

He swallowed hard, slumping down on the couch, looking out the window as the world sped by. Of course she needed to play the field, Lynne was right. It’s not as if she needed to wait for anyone or that there was someone that maybe…

“She’s right you know, it’s good that you’re going out more.”

“Yeah, it’s been a lot of fun.”

“So you’re looking forward to it then?”

“I am actually, it’s been cool to meet different people, and this guy, Caleb, seemed really cool when we talked, so ya never know.”

He cleared his throat, trying to fight the wave of jealousy that once again reared its ugly head. It’d been the same way when she told him last week of the date for this weekend, and he’d thought about her being with that guy all week.

“Right. Well I’m gonna let ya go, I gotta hop in the shower and get some sleep, I’m exhausted.”

“Ok, take care Nick and thanks for calling me back.”

“No problem sweetie, I’ll talk to you soon.”

“Alright, night!”

“Night.”

He hung up and stared at the phone for a moment before looking back out the window blindly. The bus was quiet now except for the hum of the motor. He felt sick, sick and angry and he had no right to be. She wasn’t his girlfriend, she wasn’t his anything except friend.
Nick stood, shaking his head; he grabbed his towel and headed back to his bunk to get his clothes before heading into the shower.