- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, I'm getting ready to work write the last chapter of the story now, 175. I have to say that it may be a little while before I post anymore chapters, that's all I can say at this point though. Hang there for me though please!!!

Enjoy!
Chapter 167

Her eyes widened her mouth dropping, it felt as if someone had knocked the wind out of her.

“When James called you today, I knew I had to act fast. I’d been planning how I was going to go about telling you, I thought I had a bit more time, but I was wrong. Ya see, unlike Jared, James could really be a problem for me because you’ve always liked him. You’ve got to understand something Veronica, it’s never been this hard for me, I mean ok, I’ve always been a bit uncomfortable around women, but it’s never been like this. I’ve never cared so much if a girl liked me back or not. With everyone else, it was more physical as I’m sure you know, and the need to not be alone.”

She let out a breath, licking at her dry lips. She wasn’t ready for this, hadn’t been expecting it, it was growing harder and harder to breathe.

“This time is different though, it’s not about the physical or fear of being alone, no this time it’s about whether or not I can be without you, and I can’t.”

“Oh god…” she whispered.

He couldn’t stop now he knew, he had to say it, he knew the time was finally right. Hesitantly, he covered her hand with his own, picking it up gently, “I-I can’t stand to be away from you, I think about you all the time and I can’t…won’t let you leave without knowing the truth. There is no other girl; the girl I was talking about in the interview was you. The truth is I don’t want anyone else. I’m finally able to acknowledge that I love you Veronica.”

“Oh no…oh god,” she moaned.

Reaching out, he lifted her head so she was looking at him, “I’ve fallen in love with you Veronica,” he said softly.

She clutched desperately at the blanket beneath her, “N-Nick…you…you don’t have to say that.”

He smiled a bit, “I’m not. I’ve been trying to work up the nerve to tell you since Valentines Day, but well…I know it’s kind of weird that it’s coming from nowhere, but I couldn’t wait any longer.”

She shook her head, “I don’t know what to say…I…”

“Tell me, I need to know how you feel about me.”

She just stared at him.

“Veronica please…please, I need you.” he whispered.