- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well this is it, the last chapter. I want to thank everyone that's been reading along and for making the story the surprise success that it turned out to be. Thank you all for your comments, I've really enjoyed them. I hope you've enjoyed the story and I hope you'll read my new story coming soon.

Enjoy!

 

Chapter 175

 

At the Airport…

Veronica thanked the man and took the boarding pass, making her way over to Nick and walking with him silently over to the ramp that would lead her to her gate. Hiking her bag up higher on her shoulder, she stopped and turned to look at him, frowning at the sadness in his eyes.

“Well, this is it.”

He nodded, “Yeah.”

“Well I just wanted to say thanks for everything, letting me stay here with you and all. It was great to meet your friends and all.”

“Yeah.”

She looked away for a moment before turning back to look at him again.

“I’ll miss you,” she said quietly.

He looked over at her suddenly, closing his eyes for a moment before opening them again.

“I’ll miss you too.”

“Whew, I was beginning to wonder,” she joked, chuckling a bit, then gasping softly when Nick hauled her into his arms suddenly.

“I’m really gonna miss you,” he whispered in her ear.

Tugging her bag from her shoulder, she wrapped her arms around him tightly.

“I’ll miss you a lot too Nick.”

“I’ll see you soon though ok? I promise,” he said softly, placing a gentle kiss on her neck.

She nodded, “Yeah, ok.”

Nick pulled away, leaning in to kiss her deeply before slowly pulling away, resting his forehead against hers.

“I’ll see ya Carter.”

“Yeah, see ya Veronica.”

She gave him a wink before picking up her bag and slinging it back over her shoulder, grabbing her rolling suitcase turning quickly and starting down the ramp, wiping quickly at her eyes.

Nick watched her leave, his heart dropping, fisting his hands up he turned and started out of the airport. He had to leave before he did something crazy like go after her and demand that she stay. Slipping his sunglasses on, he hurried out to his car.

Veronica turned and watched as he made his way to the door and turned again, she made her way through the metal detectors and over to the seating area, pulling out a tissue from her pocket she sat.

Who’d have thought that she’d find the right love all because of a simple letter? 

The-End

A/N: Surprise!! I hope you'll join Nick and Veronica as their story continues with "With You" the sequel to "A Write Kind of Love" which is in progress right now and will be posted soon. Thanks again!