- Text Size +
Chapter 36


Veronica set the grocery bags on the table and walked over, shutting and locking the door. As if she didn’t get enough of her job, she had to shop there too. She quickly unloaded and put away all the groceries, before heading into her room to turn her computer on. Walking back out, she opened the fridge and took out fixings for a sandwich and then grabbed a bag of chips from the cupboard. After making a sandwich, she headed back into her bedroom with her plate and chips. Setting the stuff down, she sat in the chair and connected to the internet, all the while eating and sipping at her drink.

Her mind was already racing with all the things she had to do before going to bed. She hated having to work one day be off the next and then work the following day, it just threw her off. Unfortunately, she didn’t have a fixed schedule as most people did so even though she was full time, she didn’t work five days straight; she’d have a day or two off during the week and have to work the weekend. She longed for a job where she had every weekend off; it made it so hard to plan anything.

Veronica finished her sandwich and set the empty plate down, turning once again to her computer, moving the mouse across the screen quickly, heading to her usual places before heading over to check her email finally. After logging in, she clicked on the “inbox” icon and waited for the page to load, grabbing her glass, she took a long drink then set it down. Focusing on the screen, she scrolled down and deleted all the junk mail. She stopped at one email in particular.

Inbox

Sender
Subject


Chucktaylor11
It’s Nick


Her heart started racing, it couldn’t be…could it? Hesitating a moment, she clicked on the subject and waited nervously for the page to load. Scrolling down a few seconds later, she read what was written,

Date: Tue, Nov 4 2004 19:29:40 -0700 (EST)
From: chucktaylor11@aol.com
Subject: It’s Nick
To: freesialover@yahoo.com

Hey Veronica, it’s Nick. I just wanted to write you and give you my personal email address. I have a few other ones that fans find and I usually have to end up deleting the account. Hopefully I wont have to do the same with this one. I wrote you a letter so you can be expecting that soon. It may just be easier for us to talk through here from now on if you don’t mind. What do you think? I’ll check this more if I know to expect emails from you.

Guess that’s all for now. I’ll save your address in my book, you can do the same.

Talk to ya later

Nick

Veronica stared at the screen; he’d actually emailed her. Talking through emails would be a lot easier and a lot more convenient. To say she was stunned would be an understatement, she couldn’t believe he actually took the time to email her. Would Nick have the time to do that? It all seemed pretty unbelievable.

Clicking on the reply button, she typed up a quick response and sent it, making sure to check the box to have the address saved in her address book. After logging off, she headed back into the living room. He’d written her too, he’d written and emailed her and it seemed he had no intention of stopping anytime soon.

Slumping down on the couch, Veronica smiled. She was gonna enjoy it while it lasted.