- Text Size +
Chapter 46


Veronica flipped through the stations, sighing. Over two hundred channels and there wasn’t anything good on. It was a sad way to spend her day off, but she really didn’t want to go out anywhere, she was just too tired. Reaching out, she grabbed the phone and pressed the preset button and waited.

“Hello?”

“Hey Dad.”

“Well hi, what’s going on?”

“Nothing, just thought I’d call and see how you are.”

“Oh, well I’m ok, how bout you?”

“I’m alright, it’s my day off and I’m just relaxing at home.”

“I see, how’s work going?”

“Eh, it’s alright I guess.”

“Oh. So is everything alright? Did you need something?”

Veronica sighed, shaking her head. “No Dad, I just wanted to touch base. It’s been a while since we talked last, I miss talking to you.”

“Yeah? You miss talking to me?”

“Of course, I rarely ever hear from you as is.”

“Wow, well I miss you too you know. You should come down and visit.”

“I’d like to, I should start saving up.”

“Well I can buy you a ticket you know.”

“I know Dad, but it’s alright, I’ll do it.”

“Is it so bad that I wanna help you?”

“No not at all, you’ve helped me lots.”

“So, it’s what I’m supposed to do, I’m your Father.”

“Dad…”

“Ok ok, I won’t push.”

“I wanna come see you Dad, but I wanna do it on my own. It’s not right for me to come see you and have you pay for me to get there.”

“I don’t mind you know.”

Veronica smiled, “I know Dad.”

“Well alright.”

“Alright, I’m gonna let ya go then Dad. Gonna clean the apartment.”

“Sounds like fun,” her Dad chuckled.

“Loads. So, give me a call later in the week sometime ok?”

“Sure, if you want.”

“I want you to want to Dad.”

“You know I always wanna talk to you.”

“Then show it, ok?”

“Ok, talk to ya later.”

“Alright.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too Dad, bye.”

“Bye.”

Veronica hung up and sighed, a small smile on her lips. Her Dad was almost as stubborn as she was, and that said a lot. She flipped the TV off and slid off the couch, heading over to the closet and getting the vacuum out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
About two hours later, she put all the cleaning stuff away and headed into her room, booting her computer up. After her chat last night with Nick, she was anxious to get online and answer his email and check her other mail. She dialed up and headed over to Yahoo and signed in, clicking on the mail icon and opened her box. Quickly she scanned the few new emails and was happy to see another email from Nick. He must’ve found out when he was going to Germany.

She clicked on the email.


Date: Thurs, Nov 13 2004 8:38:17 -2000 (EST)
From: chucktaylor11@aol.com
Subject: Germany
To: freesialover@yahoo.com

Hey, it’s me. Well I just got a call letting me know that we’re going to Germany today in about seven hours. I’m so fuckin’ happy I can barely contain it. I hate this last minute bullshit the like to pull. So yeah, I’m here checkin’ my mail and whatever so I’m emailing as promised to let ya know. We’re gonna be gone for about two weeks, I’m gonna bring one of my laptops, so like I said last night, I’ll be able to keep in touch. I probably won’t be able to email ya much while I’m there, chatting would probably be easier cause during the day I’ll either be recording or doing a bit of promo crap. So when I am online to chat, it’ll be at night here. I think Germany is like, five or six hours ahead of us or something, so if you’re online around seven or eight our time, try IM’ing me even if you don’t see my name like before, I may be there. It’ll take a while to get the times streight and all, but we’ll figure something out. Yeah, when I get there, give me a few days to get used to the time there, it’s all screwy n shit. So don’t worry if you don’t hear from me right away.

Anyways, If I do get on during the day, it’d be during break or inbetween stuff to check mail or something, so make sure ya email me a lot so I have something to read when I check my mail, ok?

Aight, I gotta go, gotta finish packing and book a flight and all that. So I hope we get to chat soon. I’ll be looking for you!

Lata,

Nick


She let out a breath and looked at the time, four o’clock. Nick was either going to be leaving or had already left for Germany by now. He’d sent the email around eight thirty this morning, talk about short notice. Veronica clicked on the reply button and responded, trying to remember what he said in the other email so she could respond to both at once. She wouldn’t try to IM him tonight, he’d be just arriving and would be getting settled in. Should she wait to hear from him before she attempted to IM him or should she just wait a few days and then try? Figuring it’d be better to let him initiate so she didn’t seem pushy, she decided to wait until she got the email from him letting her know he’d gotten settled in.

To say that she was surprised that he was so willing to keep in touch with her would be an understatement. It was nice that he actually took the time out to email her this morning and let her know what was going on.

Veronica finished replying, sent the email then went back to take care of the rest of her mail.