- Text Size +
Chapter 50


Later that night…

Reaching down, she tugged her sandals off and flopped down on the bed, sighing heavily. It’d been a long uneventful night. Granted it was only eleven, but she was tired and she had to work tomorrow. She felt bad though, she knew Lynne was upset that she never wanted to stay out later, that she never really enjoyed herself, but she couldn’t help it. Social situations of that caliber never made her comfortable, she always felt like people were staring at her and not in a good way.

After stripping down, she turned her computer on and then headed into the bathroom to wash her face as it booted up. Making her way back in a short time later, she sat down and dialed up, waiting to connect. She only really had time to check her mail and chat for a bit before she had to head off to bed, six thirty came so early. After connecting, she logged onto the instant messenger then headed off to check her mail. A few seconds later, an IM box popped up.

Pinksneakers23: Hey!

Veronica smiled, she hadn’t talked to Erin in a while, and there was a lot to catch up on.

Freesialover: Hi! What’s up?
Pinksneakers23: Not much, u?
Freesialover: Same, just getting ready to check mail and then head to bed, I said I’d work tomorrow.
Pinksneakers23: Bleh, that sucks.
Freesialover: I know, but I can always use the money.
Pinksneakers23: I hear that, I’m the same way. It’s been awhile since we chatted, what’s going on? Oh! What happened with you and Nick that night? Did you guys keep talking?
Freesialover: LOL! Yeah we did actually! J
Pinksneakers23: Ahh really? What happened?
Freesialover: Nothing really, we just chatted a bit. He said he liked my buddy icon.
Pinksneakers23: Awww that’s so cute!
Freesialover: Are you kidding? I was so embarrassed! I must’ve looked stupid.
Pinksneakers23: Well he must not have thought so.
Freesialover: I guess not.

She still couldn’t believe she talked to him, let alone that he’d commented on her icon. It still seemed too much to believe.

Pinksneakers23: So go on, what else?
Freesialover: Nothing really. We just talked about whatever, nothing really special. He’s in Germany now, he said he’d email me when he arrived and got settled in.
Pinksneakers23: Has he?
Freesialover: Nope not yet.
Pinksneakers23: Why not? How long has he been there?
Freesialover: I dunno, a day?
Pinksneakers23: Hmmm, and he hasn’t written yet.
Freesialover: Well he said that it might be a day or two, he wanted to get settled and into some kind of routine first before he emailed.
Pinksneakers23: Oh, well yeah I guess that’s alright.
Freesialover: I’ll tell him you gave your permission.
Pinksneakers23: You do that.

Veronica groaned.

Freesialover: So anyway, what have you been up to? How’s work?
Pinksneakers23: Eh it’s work, nothing exciting.
Freesialover: You’re lucky.
Pinksneakers23: I’m lucky that work isn’t exciting?
Freesialover: No you’re lucky cause work is consistent. And while it may not be exciting, you like what you do. You’re happy.
Pinksneakers23: It’s gonna happen for you Veronica, it is.
Freesialover: I hope so. Look I’m gonna get going, work in the morning and I’m exhausted, it’s been a long night.
Pinksneakers23: Did you do something special tonight?
Freesialover: Went out to a club with Lynne.
Pinksneakers23: Yeah? How was it?
Freesialover: It was ok.
Pinksneakers23: Just ok?
Freesialover: Yup, well I mean I danced with someone, but that’s about it.
Pinksneakers23: You danced with someone? That’s great!
Freesialover: It’s no big deal.
Pinksneakers23: Yes it is! Did you give him your number after?
Freesialover: No, he left.
Pinksneakers23: He left? Left where?
Freesialover: Left! I don’t know where, I didn’t follow him.
Pinksneakers23: Veronica!
Freesialover: What?! It’s no big deal Erin. He was probably with someone anyway. I really have to go. We’ll talk soon ok?
Pinksneakers23: *Sigh* Ok Veronica. Talk to ya later.
Freesialover: Bye!
Pinksneakers23: Bye!

She signed off and slumped back in her chair. There was nothing worse than to know one of your close friends was disappointed in you.