- Text Size +
Chapter 53


He slipped the card into the slot and turned the knob when the green light flashed. Making his way in he tossed his card down and made his way into the bathroom, flipping the light on and then heading back out, stripping as he went. It was a little after six, he told AJ and Howie he’d meet them in the lobby at eight, that left a little less than two hours to shower, dress and check his mail.

It’d been a long day that started at six this morning and was still going on. Today had been interviews and photos for a popular German magazine followed by a few appearances on some talk shows. Then there was lunch with contest winners at noon and then a few radio interviews followed by another short meeting with some more producers and writers. Now it was six and he was anxious to get out and relax and eat, damn he was starving. Nick finished stripping down and made his way back into the bathroom and into the shower.

Twenty minutes later, Nick made his way out, a towel wrapped around his waist. Heading over to his bag, he pulled his laptop out and turned it on, starting to dress while it booted. Nick hoped there were some good clubs around, a lot of his favorites had been closed over the last few years, when he was here for his solo album, and there were only two or three good ones left. Buttoning his jeans, he grabbed his t-shirt and pulled it on, reaching out he clicked on his email account, opening his inbox. Turning, he riffled through his bag for his brush, finding it he ran it through his short damp hair a few times before tossing it back in. He grabbed his watch and snapped it on and then sat down on the bed, setting his laptop on his lap. He deleted the junk mail, clicking on Veronica’s email; he was a bit disappointed to see that there was only one. Quickly he counted in his head, it was only noon there, she’d still be in work. Sighing, it wasn’t her fault she was at work and couldn’t email him there about how her day was goings so far.

Shaking his head, he waited for it to load and then read once it came up on his screen.

Date: Sun, Nov 16 2004 8:25:54 -2000 (EST)
From: freesia lover@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: I’m here!
To: chucktaylor11@aol.com

Hey Nick!

I just got finished chatting with you, so I guess there isn’t really much left to be said. I will thank you once again for emailing me in the first place. I was hoping you arrived save and sound. You’re so far away; I’d hate to think of a flight getting cancelled or anything like that, it sucks.

Anyway, I guess that’s it. I’ll email you when I get home from work and let you know how it went. I really enjoyed chatting with you tonight, I hope we’re able to again soon!

Veronica


Nick clicked on the reply button and responded. Part of him was looking forward to coming back to read her email. Checking his watch, he saw that he only had about thirty minutes before he was to meet AJ and Howie. Finishing up, he logged off and then shut down. Slipping his laptop back into his bag, he set it in the corner and grabbed his card, making his way out.

Making his way out the elevator, he saw AJ and Howie standing by the entrance, talking to some fans. He made his way over, smiling when the fans caught sight of him, a few girls quickly making their way over.

“Bought time man,” AJ smirked, winking at one of the girls.

“Sorry, had to shower and all that,” Nick smiled, signing one of the girls “Black & Blue” liners.

“Well sorry ladies, but we’re gonna get going,” Howie announced, handing a sharpie back to the girl in front of him.

There were assorted “awws” around as they stepped back. The guys gave a small wave before making their way out and into the waiting van.

“Did you see them, they were hot,” AJ chuckled.

Howie rolled his eyes, “C’mon AJ.”

“What?! They were.”

Nick smirked, turning to look out the window as the van pulled away.

“You’ve been acting funny lately, you alright?” AJ asked.

“Yeah, just got a lot on my mind.” Nick responded.

Howie looked over at him, “Anything happen with your family lately?”

He shrugged, “No, not really. I wouldn’t know anyway.”

“Nick…”

“Not tonight guys, I just wanna enjoy myself…ok?”

Howie and AJ looked at each other before turning to stare out the window.