- Text Size +
Chapter 75


A Week and a Half Later…

Veronica pulled the hot bag from the microwave, tarring it open, a waft of smoke rising. The small apartment was soon filled with the heady scent of popcorn. She sat down on the couch, flipping the TV on and changing it to the station her favorite program was on. As she started to eat, her thoughts drifted to her upcoming vacation.

At this point, she didn’t have any plans, but she had been meaning to call Lynne and see if they wanted to make some plans. Veronica munched loudly on the popcorn, and as always, her scattered thoughts came back to Nick.

It’d been a long while since she’d last heard from him. He hadn’t been returning her calls, she hadn’t seen him online, he hadn’t emailed, she hadn’t checked today yet though. Leaning over, she grabbed the cordless and called Lynne. After making tentative plans for her vacation, she hung up and continued to watch her show, or tried to anyway. She was distracted; she couldn’t stop thinking about Nick, wondering if he was ok.

Getting up she headed into her bedroom to boot up her computer. Once booted, she dialed up and then checked her mail. She had a few new messages but nothing special.

Nothing from Nick.