- Text Size +
Chapter 55

One Month Later…

Freesialover: Hey!
Chucktaylor11: Hey girl!
Freesialover: wow it’s been awhile huh?
Chucktaylor11: Yeah it has, how are you?
Freesialover: I’m pretty good, how bout you?
Chucktaylor11: Good, I’m doing good
Freesialover: Glad to hear it.
Chucktaylor11: Hey, I like the new color. So, how was your Christmas?
Freesialover: Thanks! It was really nice. I went over to my Mom’s with my Brothers.
Chucktaylor11: sounds really nice.
Freesialover: Yeah, it’s so good to see them all again.
Chucktaylor11: I know it, so…what’d ya get?
Freesialover: LOL Well I got a few cds, a gift card, dvd’s…some of my favorite perfume, well one of them anyway.
Chucktaylor11: oh yeah? Which one?
Freesialover: Ever heard of Givenchy?
Chucktaylor11: Yeah, that shit smells so good.
Freesialover: Heh heh, that’d be the one. It’s not my all time favorite, but I really like it.
Chucktaylor11: what is?
Freesialover: My favorite perfume?
Chucktaylor11: yeah
Freesialover: Well for women it’s my screename actually.
Chucktaylor11: Hey yeah, you never did tell me what your screename stood for.
Freesialover: Oh man all this time I kept forgetting. Freesia is a perfume from Bath & Body Works. Well other places have it, but I think theirs is the best. They’ve since discontinued it, which sucks. So I have like one bottle left and I’m just about out. It’ll be a sad day for me when it runs out.
Chucktaylor11: I hate when that happens. So you don’t want a different brand?
Freesialover: I suppose I could, but it’s not the same. B&BW did come out with a Sheer Freesia, but it’s not the same.
Chucktaylor11: lol I get it.

Nick smiled, Freesia, mystery solved. He’d heard of it before, though he wasn’t sure if he’d actually smelled it, he probably had and just didn’t realize it.

Freesialover: So what have you been up to? How was your xmas? I know the last time we talked you weren’t sure what you were gonna be doing.
Chucktaylor11: Not much. My Christmas was pretty good, yeah I went to Kev’s. I also visited my Brother and Sisters.
Freesialover: Aww that must’ve been nice.
Chucktaylor11: yeah it was. I went to Kentucky with Kev, cause his Mom wasn’t able to fly to Florida, Brian came with his wife and son too.
Freesialover: That’s so nice!
Chucktaylor11: Yeah, Baylee just turned two and Brian had a party for him and all.
Freesialover: Were you able to go?
Chucktaylor11: yeah! It was really nice, got him some things.
Freesialover: Oooh yeah? Like what?
Chucktaylor11: well ya know those…tractor and like…fire engine things that kids can ride on or like…push themselves on?
Freesialover: Yup
Chucktaylor11: Well I got him one of those…a fire truck. Then I got him one of those cool workmans tool benches, ya know the kind where ya can hammer those plastic screws and stuff in, I love those things.
Freesialover: LOL! Yeah I know what ya mean. Those are cute.
Chucktaylor11: So yeah, that…I figure it’ll kinda help with shapes or something. Then I also got him som of those stacking blocks, Kristin said those were a good idea, actually it was her idea.
Freesialover: LOL!
Chucktaylor11: and then I got him some books so Brian and Leigh could read to him at night.

Veronica smiled, he was so giving and she could tell how much he loved Baylee.

Freesialover: Those are very nice gifts Nick.
Chucktaylor11: I figured I had to get him something educational, Leighanne was real happy bout it. Brian says he really loves the workbench and the truck.
Freesialover: Aww!
Chucktaylor11: lol I think I was more worried about the books, I don’t know the first thing about picking out books for kids, but he picked out one at the party and like, I was sitting on the couch and he climbed up in my lap and wanted me to read to him.
Freesialover: I would’ve loved to have seen that. See, you didn’t have anything to worry about Nick. Give yourself some credit. It seems you know more about it than you think.

Nick chuckled, it’d made him happier than he wanted to admit to hear that Baylee had liked his gifts. He’d missed out on buying stuff for his Brother and Sisters when they were younger cause he was always touring. When they got older, it was different. Unreleased cd’s and all that thing were standard after a while, and then Aaron had started doing his own thing, so Nick really didn‘t have anyone to give anything to anymore. When he heard Baylee say “Nick…Nick read.” it’d done something to him, it made him felt good, made him feel as if he‘d done something right. Not that Baylee would remember when he was older, but even if he helped him learn something, or helped him grow, even a little, it was worth it.

Chucktaylor11: I guess
Freesialover: *Smiles*
Chucktaylor11: lol so, what are you doing for New Years?
Freesialover: Nothing
Chucktaylor11: Nothing?
Freesialover: Nope, I never do.
Chucktaylor11: That sucks!
Freesialover: LOL! It’s not that bad trust me. It’s always been that way with me, no big deal. I’ll have a glass of egg nog watch the ball drop then head into my room to read for a bit before going to sleep.
Chucktaylor11: Veronica…
Freesialover: Really Nick, it’s fine.
Chucktaylor11: damn, that depresses me.

Nick stared hard at the screen, why did that bother him so much? The thought of her being alone on New Years just wasn’t right. Why didn’t her friends take her out, how could they just let her be alone? More importantly, why didn’t she go out with her friends? He’d like to think that it’d be her friends fault, but somehow he wasn’t so sure she’d even go.

Freesialover: Aww don’t be depressed, it’s cool. How bout you? What are you gonna do?
Chucktaylor11: Probably hang out with some friends, go to some parties.
Freesialover: Get that kiss at midnight huh? Heh heh!
Chucktaylor11: You know it!
Freesialover: LOL
Chucktaylor11: Well it’s that time of…morning. I gotta jet honey.
Freesialover: Aww alright. Well if I don’t talk to you in the next couple of days, have a good new years.
Chucktaylor11: Thanks, you too.
Freesialover: Ok, talk to ya later Nick.
Chucktaylor11: Aight, night V
Freesialover: Night Nick!