- Text Size +
Brianna Chambers leaned back against the head-board of the hotel bed and exhaled very slowly. The pain in her stomach had ceased for the time being, but she continued to breathe deeply, just as her Lamaze coach had told her repeatedly to do. The pain she was experiencing wasn't bad--only as painful as menstrual cramps--and they couldn't be labor pains. She wasn't due for almost another month.

"Hey, Bree!" her best friend Bianca Parker yelled as she entered the large hotel suite.

"Hey, yourself," Brianna said as she rubbed her large swollen belly. "How did rehearsal go?"

"We did great!" Bianca exclaimed.

Bianca had been opening for the Backstreet Boys for nearly a year now. She had a large base of loyal fans of her own that filled the arenas in every town cheering her on, but every time Jive Records offered her a solo tour, she declined. Mainly because she wasted to stay near her boy-friend, none other than Backstreet's Nick Carter, but she also didn't want to leave her best friend Brianna. Brianna was engaged to Kevin Richardson and the two were planning to wed as soon after their baby was born as possible.

"How's my niece doing today?" Bianca asked in a baby voice. Brianna had talked to her baby since she first felt it moving inside of her and now Bianca did too. In fact, everyone, including the rest of the guys and the band, talked to it. "Bree, you're gonna have a girl. I can't tell you that enough."

Brianna laughed. Kevin thinks it's a boy because it kicks really hard. At night he sings to it. He'll lay his head on my stomach and just whisper away. He usually puts me and it both to sleep. But Kevin's happy and that's all that matters.

"You two are cute," Bianca complimented. "And it's so adorable to see you waddle around everywhere." A harsh look from Brianna kept Bianca from going any further about how large she had gotten.

"I haven't been waddling anywhere today. I'm still having those cramps. But I'll be fine. They don't hurt that bad. I haven't told Kevin, he'll get too scared, and I really want to go watch you guys perform tonight." Bianca and the guys had taken a break from their tour to perform at MTV's Movie Awards. "I feel so bad for missing so many of the last shows."

It was Bianca's turn to laugh. "I think you have an excuse! I'm surprised you're gonna go tonight. Aren't you nervous about going public with Kevin?"

"Definitely. I mean, all his fans know is that he's seeing someone. After tonight the whole world will know he's been engaged for six months."

"Bree, you said yourself that Kevin was happy. He finally wants to show you off. He loves you, why are you so scared?"

"It's been hell trying to keep anybody from finding out that I'm pregnant. The press is gonna jump all over the chance to tarnish their image. They're gonna have a field day with the chance to make them look bad and I'm gonna be a lot of bad publicity for them. I just don't want to see Kevin get hurt. But on the other hand, I'm tired of being snuck in everywhere, having to hide from photographers, and not being able to walk down the street with my fiancée." Brianna exhaled again slowly. "So I guess I am ready to stop lying to the public."

"They'd have to take it better than your parents did," Bianca said quietly.

"Yeah," Brianna agreed. "They were so happy at Christmas when I came back to be with Kevin and my mom, damn, she go so excited when Kevin called to talk to daddy about marrying me. Then they hit the roof when they found out about the baby. Mama said I had my whole life ahead of me and that I was throwing it all away. She says we're just getting married because of the baby. It's gonna be really hard not having her for advice and stuff. And I'm positive that Kevin's mom hates me."

"Baby, she doesn't hate you," came a deep voice from across the room. Kevin strode over and placed a kiss on Brianna's stomach through her satin pajamas. "Hey, 'Boose." he whispered to the baby before giving Brianna a long, welcome kiss.

Bianca raised her eyebrows slightly. "Boose?"

"Yeah," Kevin said, beaming proudly. "We're gonna call him 'Caboose' since all the other guys call me 'Train'."

"Him?" Rolling her eyes dramatically, Bianca told him, "I hate to disappoint you, Kevy, but that's a little girl in there. And she's gonna be a spoiled little princess just like her mommy!"

Kevin just chuckled and smiled at Bianca. "Well, Bean, I'm really sorry that Nick doesn't treat you as well as I treat my girl."

"I don't have to take this abuse," she retorted. "Bree, I'll be in my room if you need me." She tossed her hair over her shoulder with forced arrogance and stalked out the door.

"Now that I got rid of her..." Kevin began as he kissed his way down Brianna's neck and began to unbutton her shirt.

Brianna enjoyed the feel of his lips against the top of her breast for a moment before she pulled his face back to hers. "Please don't, baby, you know we'll just have to stop."

Kevin rolled onto his back exasperated and let out a long, low sigh. "Sorry, baby. I just miss you."

"I know, darlin'," she said snuggling into the bend of his arm. "You don't know what I'd give to be able to pull you on top of me right now, but we only have one more month."

Brianna thought before saying any more. "And just think, in a month we'll have the perfect little family," she kissed him on the forehead; "we'll be planning the perfect little wedding," she kissed the tip of his nose; "and after that, we'll have the perfect little life together."

"It'll be the longest damn month of my life," Kevin smiled down at her. "But when it's over, you better watch out, Chambers, 'cause I'm telling the guys I'm leaving for a week and me and you are gonna lock the door and fuck like crazy." Kevin began nibbling on her ear.

Brianna burst into laughter at his comment. "And what about the baby, Kev?"

"Oh, Bianca can take care of him..." his kisses were working lower.

"Hmmm, I don't think that's gonna work...But we'll find a way to make everything okay." Brianna licked her lips and leaned in to kiss Kevin, letting her tongue linger against his longer than she should have.

Kevin pulled away and wiped the hair from her face and placed his large palm against her round belly. "I'm ready to meet him," he whispered.

"Or her," Brianna corrected.

Kevin rested his head right above Brianna's stomach and closed his eyes, prepared to take a short nap before they had to dress for the awards that night. "I love you both," he whispered when Brianna ran her fingers through his lush black hair, leaving them against the back of his neck. Kevin was lost in sleep even before she could answer that both her and the baby loved him, too.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Knock, knock," Bianca called before walking into the hotel suite she shared with Nick.

Deciding he had probably gone to Brian's room, Bianca crawled onto the bed. Closing her eyes, she realized how exhausted she was. "I think a nap would be good," she said to herself when she looked over at the bed.

Lying down, Bianca settled into the massive mattress. Closing her eyes, she began to relax and doze.

She smiled inwardly when she heard the door to the bedroom open. She managed to keep her eyes closed and a straight face when she felt him slip into the bed with her.

"Baby," Nick whispered before kissing Bianca’s neck. "Bean, wake up, baby."

Rolling over to face him, Bianca opened her eyes and smiled. Snuggling into Nick's arms she asked, "What time is it?"

"Almost 3" he sighed. "That means we have to go in a few minutes to start getting ready."

"I'm a little nervous," she admitted with a shy smile.

"Don't worry, Darlin'." Nick kissed her tenderly. "This is no different than any concert you've ever performed."

"I guess," she replied unconvinced. "I know I'll never get over being nervous, but I hate getting like this."

"Bean just get on that stage tonight thinking 'I'm gonna be awesome and everyone here will love me' and you won't be so nervous," Nick smiled. "C'mon. Let's go so we can get ready. We have to be the best looking couple there."

Bianca just giggled as she took Nick's hand and followed him out the door.

****AT THE AWARDS SHOW****

Stepping out of the limo, Bianca, Brianna, Ivy, Nicole, and the five guys were blinded by camera flashes. Heading straight for the door, they heard a few gasps from the fans. Brianna knew they were all because of her.

Kevin took her hand and kissed the side of her head tenderly, whispering "baby, don't worry. I love you and that's all that matters." It really made for a beautiful picture, but one that wouldn't be appearing in any teen magazines. Brianna just nodded and clung tightly to him. No one could ever even begin to imagine how nervous she was.

The guys stopped for a quick picture and a couple of questions from a reporter. Brianna flinched slightly as the pain from earlier returned. Bianca noticed and asked Brianna if she was okay.

"I'm fine," she whispered back to her. Same old stuff, nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure?" Bianca questioned, concerned. "What if something happens?"

"Bean, you worry too much. I'll be fine," she said. The pains are nothing I can't handle and, besides, I'm a big girl! Nothing will happen!"

The continued walking, stopping occasionally for a picture or an autograph for an eager fan. Finally making it inside, they were directed to their seats and waited for everything to begin.