- Text Size +
“Brian, Nicole, have either of you seen Bianca?” Nick asked. “I can’t find her.”

“Not recently,” Nicole answered.

“I thought I heard someone say they saw her leave,” Brian said. “Maybe they were talking about someone else though.”

“She left?” Nick asked, surprised. “I can’t believe her.”

“Like I said, maybe it--”

“No,” he cut Brian off. “It probably was her. She’s throwing a little fit is what she’s doing.”

“I dunno,” Brian looked at Nicole for help, but her only reply was a shrug. They watched Nick turn and stomp away. “Okay, that was a little uncomfortable.”

“Tell me about it.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bianca groaned and tried to focus her eyes in the dark. She could hear music from the club, but it was muffled. “Hello?” she half whispered. Her throat was dry and her head was pounding. She strained to hear anything to give her even the slightest hint to where she might be. She heard nothing but the muffled music.

“Okay, y’all. Ha Ha. This is really funny. Cute joke, you got me,” she called out. They are so going to pay for this. Bianca jumped when she heard a loud crash across the room. “Okay guys, you can cut it out. Enough is enough.”

She listened closely and heard footsteps in the direction of the crash. She could hear them getting closer and closer to her and she was suddenly filled with a heavy feeling of dread. A chill traveled up her spine and she felt goose bumps form all over her body. “Who’s there?” she called, the fear evident in her voice.

Suddenly the lights came on, blinding her momentarily. When she was finally able to focus, Bianca searched the tiny room for whoever was responsible for this cruel joke. Where did they go?

The same fearful chill filled her body when Bianca heard the heavy footsteps return. Spotting the tall figure on the other side of the room her eyes welled up with tears and she felt sick. “Oh God, no. Please.”

“Happy birthday, Bean,” Eric greeted with an evil smirk. “Ready for your present?”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Baby, I think we should get going,” Brianna told Kevin with a tired sigh. She jokingly added “I don’t think we’re cut out for the party scene any more.”

“Yeah, it’s getting late,” he said checking his watch. “We don’t want Denise to think we forgot Kyra. I bet she’s getting a little worried--wondering if we’re ever coming to get her.”

“Probably,” Brianna smiled. “Just let me find Bianca and tell her bye. It won’t take but a second; she’s probably preoccupied anyway.”

“Okay, darlin’. I’ll go wait for you by the door.”

“Alright,” she said and headed in the direction she last saw Nick. She found him dancing with Holly. “Hey,” she greeted a little confused.

“Hey,” they said and stopped dancing. “You leaving?” Holly asked.

“Yeah, I was gonna tell Bean bye. Have you seen her?”

“No,” Nick slurred heatedly. “She left a while back.”

Brianna rolled her eyes. Nick was more than a little tipsy and pissed about something. “Why would Bianca leave her own party, Nick? Did you do something else to piss her off? Holly, where is she?”

Steaming, Nick seemed to sober up very quickly. “Well, if she didn’t leave, where the hell is she?! Tell me, Brianna, when’s the last time you saw her tonight?”

Brianna stopped for a second. When had she seen Bianca last? It had been quite a while. A couple of hours, in fact. “Well, I think it was right after the two of you started fighting…you know, when she went into the bathroom.”

“Exactly, because that’s the last time I saw her. I guess she thought she’d try and be funny, but she was wrong,” he said before angrily storming away.

“Well, if she does show up or you see her when you leave, tell her I said me and Kevin had fun, please?”

“Sure,” Holly nodded.

“Thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Brianna said going to find Kevin. Bianca and her damn temper.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“SOMEBODY HELP ME, PLEASE!” Bianca screamed at the top of her lungs. “HELP!!”

“Shut the fuck up!” Eric yelled and brought his large hand down across her cheek.

“Why are you doing this?” she half whispered, half whimpered. “What do you want from me?”

“I want you to suffer,” he jerked her face to his, shoving his tongue into her mouth. When he did, Bianca bit down as hard as she could. Eric pulled back, yelling obscenities. “Damn you, you stupid bitch. You’ll pay for that.”

Grabbing her wrists, he yanked her to her feet and ripped her top off. Tearing the lavender material into strips, he tied her wrists together and forced her arms over her head. “Let’s see if you can take as much pain as you can cause,” he said bitterly.

With tears streaming down her swollen and cut cheeks, Bianca started saying a prayer she would repeat all night. “God, please help me. Let someone find me before he kills me. Please…”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**THE NEXT MORING**

Kevin rolled over and draped his arm across Brianna’s side. He smiled and pulled her body closer to his. Gently, he brushed her hair off of her face. “I love you, Boo.”

All of a sudden, the silence was broken but Kyra crying. “Well,” Brianna groaned sleepily, “if you really love me, you can go check on her.”

Kevin smiled and kissed Brianna on the forehead. “You’re very sneaky.”

“Yeah, but you still love me,” she replied with one eye opened.

“Yes, I do,” he got up to go see about his wailing daughter.

Brianna smiled and snuggled back under the covers. Just as she was dozing off, she felt Kevin slip back into the bed. Once he was under the covers, he slid as close to her as he could. Brianna laced her fingers with his and let out a contented sigh. Her sigh quickly turned into a groan when they heard a knock on their door.

“We won’t answer it,” Kevin said, placing feathery kisses on her neck. “They’ll eventually get tired of knocking and leave.”

“Oh really?” Brianna said with raised eyebrows when the knocking became louder and more urgent. “Baby, they really want us to open the door. It’s probably important if they’re attempting to break it down.”

“You’re right,” Kevin kissed her once more before sliding out of the bed. “You get dressed and I’ll find out who this is and what’s so important. It better be good.”

Kevin opened the door in mid-knock and was face-to-face with a very distressed looking Nick. “What’s the matter, man?”

“Please tell me Bianca’s here,” he said, the desperation was evident in his voice.

“She’s not here, Nick. Why would she be here, anyway?” Kevin asked more than a little confused.

“Because her best friend lives here. Naturally, this would be the first place I’d check if she didn’t come home last night,” Nick said, raking his hands through his already disheveled hair. “This was the only place I could think of.”

“What’s the matter?” Brianna came into the living room and wrapped her arms around Kevin’s waist.

“Bean never came home last night,” he answered and dropped into a chair. “I was up waiting for her all night long.”

“She’s probably with Holly or one of the others, Nick. You should go home and get some sleep. Bean’s a big girl and she can take care of herself. Isn’t that what she’d tell you? Just don’t worry too much and get her when she comes strolling in with a smug grin on her face.”

“Alright,” he sighed reluctantly and stood up. “But if she comes by or calls, please let me know.”

“We will,” Brianna reached out and gave Nick’s hand a quick squeeze. “Just try not to worry. Bean is probably just still upset and trying to make you feel bad. I’m sure she’ll be home soon.”

“Thanks guys,” Nick said, making his way to the door.

“I didn’t even know they were fighting last night,” Kevin shook his head as they headed back to their bedroom.

“Yeah, but it was over nothing. Bianca is just having a little mood swing and trying to piss Nick off. When she thinks she’s done enough damage she’ll come home.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AJ sighed heavily and threw his covers off of himself. “It’s time to quit moping around,” he said.

Going to the bathroom he studied the person in the mirror. His eyes were tired and there were dark circles underneath. His face was unshaved and his red hair was a mess. “Don’t I look hot?” AJ splashed some water on his face and brushed his teeth. “I’m not gonna let anything else get to me. I think I’ll go see Brianna and Kevin, and I’ll take them breakfast.”

After he got dressed, he grabbed his keys and decided to go down to a coffee shop to get something to take to Brianna and Kevin.

AJ pulled into a parking space and saw that he was in front of Club Nocturna. “I never knew this was where this place was. It looks a lot different at night.” He glanced down the sidewalk and saw a girl sitting with her legs pulled up to her chest and her head resting on her knees. She looked like she had been in a fight and lost…badly. The girl’s arms and legs were bruised and cut and her dark hair was a tangled mess. She appeared to be trying to cover herself with some old fabric. AJ suspected she didn’t have the best lifestyle and an even worse boyfriend, but still she was a lady…

“Ma’am…” AJ said, but she didn’t move. God, I hope she’s not dead. “Ma’am…” he said again and gently shook her.

She stirred slightly and whimpered. “Please don’t hit me anymore.”

“Sweetheart, I’m not gonna hit ya,” AJ said with a gentleness in his voice. His heart ached for this poor girl. “Let’s have a look at ya darlin’.”

When she lifted her face, AJ’s heart jumped into his throat. “Oh my God.”

Her eyes were black and one was swollen shut. There was a deep gash on her right cheek and her trembling bottom lip was split open. She had several smaller cuts all over her face. If he had not stopped, AJ never would have known…even looking at her, he almost didn’t recognize her.

“AJ. Oh, please help me,” her voice was a terrified whisper. “Please.”

“Shh, baby, don’t worry. You’re safe now,” he told her and scooped her into his arms. “I’m gonna get you help.”

When he got her into the car and helped her get situated, he got in and pulled out his cell phone. “Pick up…c’mon…Hey! Bree, you’ve gotta meet me at the hospital now. No, I’m fine…it’s Bean. Just call Nick and come to the hospital.”

AJ clicked off his phone and reached over to Bianca and took her hand. “Don’t you worry, you’re gonna be okay sweetie.” You’ll be even better when we find whoever the hell did this…