- Text Size +
“Look, I am not interested in screwing around. You have contact with her, do you not?”

“Yeah, I do, but…”

“Then what the hell is your problem?”

“See, the thing is, she’s never alone. Never.”

“I don’t care how you do it, but you damn well better get to her and let her know that we’re aware of everything she does and that we are planning to have a small get together soon. If you don’t let her know something soon, you’re going to be very sorry. Now, get the hell out of here.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Do you know that I was sure I was going to marry Eric one day? It’s funny how things work out. I broke up with him a month before Bree and I moved to Florida,” Bianca sighed as she and Nick drove to the police station. “I didn’t want to worry about having a relationship while I was auditioning, you know? I mean, damn, it’s hard enough to live my life normally as it is…could you have imagined if I had come here with that much to worry about? I just let him down easily. I did it in person…to show him that I respected him. I figured he would understand because it would just be too hard to have a long distance relationship.”

“That is a good reason though. This is a hard life to live, but you’re gonna have sacrifices to make if you want to succeed in this business,” Nick said, giving Bianca’s hand a reassuring squeeze.

“That’s what I told him. After I finished talking, he just sat there for a minute, and then out of nowhere, he grabbed my shoulders and started yelling at me. He never hit me, but God knows I thought he was going to. He yelled so loud and shook me so hard. I finally got away from him and told him if he didn’t get out of my house I would call the police.”

“What happened?” Nick asked after Bianca had been quiet for a bit. “Did he leave?”

“Nope. He shoved me against the wall…hard. I remember I lost my breath. Then he grabbed my neck and started telling me…wh-…what he was gonna do to me,” Bianca finished as a tiny sob escaped her throat. “I’m sorry.”

“No, baby, please don’t apologize,” Nick placed his large palm on the side of her face.

“My brother walked in and got Eric off of me and called the police. We never told my mom; that’s why he was with her at that one show. I guess I never told my mom because I was scared he would hurt her. If she had known, she definitely would not have had anything else to do with him. He swore he would get me back; that I would be sorry. I never took him seriously though, even after he attacked me backstage. I thought I was completely untouchable. I was so wrong.” Bianca sighed as Nick parked the vehicle and switched it off. “This is it…time to put him away.”

“Just think of it like this: all you have to do is go in there and ID him and leave. Eric won’t see you at all. Then we can leave and get you home. Nothing to worry about.”

“Yeah, you’re right, Nicky…nothing to worry about.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****SAME TIME****

Brian walked into the kitchen and went straight to the coffee pot. “Morning, baby,” he said, trying to place a kiss on top of Nicole’s head. When she ducked out of his way, Brian looked at her with confusion written on his face. “Nikki? You okay?”

“I’m perfectly fine,” she said and continued to eat her bagel. “What makes you think something is wrong with me?”

“Okay, I know something’s wrong, now what is it?”

“What’s wrong? Well, first of all, yesterday you left me here to go see that nurse at the hospital. That was pretty cheap, making me think that you had gone to see how Bianca was. On top of that, you left me here at lunch time and stayed gone until seven-thirty. Thanks again for calling and letting me know you were okay, I really do appreciate that.”

Brian opened his mouth to say something, but stopped. A look of confusion crossed his tanned face. The confusion turned to a slight look of guilt, but quickly turned to anger. “You didn’t want to come with me to the hospital yesterday, and if you wanted to get a hold of me, you could have called my cell phone. SO what if I decided to go see an old friend? What’s wrong with that anyway? I wouldn’t say anything to you if you had an old friend you wanted to go visit and catch up with.”

“Oh please,” Nicole spat, shoving herself away from the table. “Of all the funny things you could say. You didn’t ask me if I wanted to go back to the hospital after lunch. You ASSUMED I didn’t want to go because you must have been afraid that I would say yes if you DID ask me to go. Don’t even say anything about calling your phone because you know damn well you didn’t have it on anyway,” she said, standing inches away with her finger to Brian’s chest. “And Brian, you can go see all the friends you want, but don’t expect me to sit around and be a perfect, pretty little Backstreet girlfriend when you decide to ditch me for an old bed buddy. Okay? Does that clear things up for you at all?” she asked and stormed out of the kitchen, leaving Brian shocked and even more confused than before.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay, Miss Parker, can you tell us which of these men attacked you?” a tall, slim officer asked slowly.

“Number five,” she answered without hesitation. “That’s him.”

“Are you sure? You may want to take a few minutes to make sure you are certain who attacked you.”

“Listen, I don’t need a few minutes because he’s the one who did this. This isn’t the first time he has attacked me, okay? So just take my word for it,” she snapped angrily.

“Alright, Miss Parker,” the officer said nodding at Officer Brigham to take Bianca out of the room.

Before Bianca and Nick left the police station and officer walked over and handed Bianca and envelope. “This was left for you today. They said they knew you would be here.”

“Thanks,” Bianca replied, the confusion evident in her voice.

“What is it?” Nick asked.

Without answering his question, she opened the envelope and removed a carefully folded piece of paper. On it a message was neatly hand-written:

“You thought you could avoid me forever; that I would never ever get to you. Oh how WRONG you were. I got to you, not once, but twice. And I bet if I tried, I could do it again. But what fun would that be? I haven’t really thought things out that far, but don’t you worry, Bean. Just remember something, okay? You made it big, but that doesn’t make you safe. You aren’t untouchable bitch…NEVER forget that. Love, E.”

Bianca did her best to show no emotion as she read and after closing the letter. Luckily she was able to act calm. “Nothin baby. Just a fan letter,” she smiled and placed the letter in her pocket. “Let’s go home, okay? I wanna see my mom and rest a little.” One thought kept running through her mind as the day wore on. ‘You aren’t untouchable…’ Was something else going to happen? She would have to wait and see.