- Text Size +
****ONE MONTH LATER****

“Mama, you don’t need to worry about me when you go back home. This time I am safe,” Bianca smiled and embraced her mother in a warm hug. “Eric is in jail, and you know I have Madd Dog now.”

After Bianca positively identified Eric as her attacker, he had been put in jail…they had enough proof that Eric did attack Bianca and didn’t need to have a trial. Once things had gotten somewhat back to normal, Bianca’s management, mother, and the guys decided that she needed her own bodyguard. Up until her attack the guys’ security had been looking out for Bianca, but it was clear to everyone that Bianca was in need of her own security. As her mother put it in her thick southern drawl, “It’s high time y’all start lookin’ after my baby like you should.”

That’s where Madd Dog came in. AJ had told Bianca that her bodyguard needed to have a scary name and appearance; Madd Dog definitely fit that description. He was tall, at least six feet five inches, and he was big…almost all muscle. Bianca thought he looked like a thinner version of Q. Madd Dog definitely took care of her.

“I know that sweetheart, but I am your mother and I am going to worry about you…no matter what.”

“I know, Mama,” Bianca smiled. “I love you and I’m gonna miss you so much. I’ll call you as often as I can.”

The door to the limo opened and Madd Dog looked inside. He cleared his throat and said, “Sorry to interrupt, but you’re gonna miss your flight Mrs. Parker.”

“Okay darlin’,” she replied.

Bianca smiled. Only her mother could call a six foot five inch, three hundred pound killing machine “darlin’” and get away with it. He’s more of a Teddy Bear than a Madd Dog. Are you sure he’ll get the job done? had been her mother’s question at first sight. This caused the entire room, including Madd Dog himself, to erupt in a fit of laughter.

“Call me and let me know you got home safe. I love you, Mama.”

“Love you, baby. Be good! Take care of her, Madd Dog.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AJ sat holding Kyra while Brianna made lunch and Kevin was outside doing ‘manly things’ as AJ put it. ‘I don’t need to build things to prove I’m a man,’ AJ had scoffed jokingly.

“Are you and Kyra okay in there?” Brianna called. “It’s too quiet.”

“We’re absolutely fine,” AJ called back. “K’s just playin’ with her baby gym. She’s gettin’ real big. What are y’all feeding her, Bree?”

Brianna laughed at AJ’s question. “Baby Miracle Grow…I like to call it food.”

“She could be the next Gerber baby. You and Kevin should look into that.”

“We should look into what?” Kevin asked as he walked into the living room and lifted his daughter off of the floor. “How’s my baby girl?”

“I think Kyra should be the next Gerber baby,” AJ answered Kevin’s initial question.

“Lunch is ready,” Brianna walked into the room with a plate full of food and a soda. “Go make yourselves a sandwich and eat. Don’t leave all the food sittin’ out too long,” she said and looked up to find the two men pouting. “What? Did you think that I was gonna make your plates, too?” she laughed. “I guess you’re too manly to fix your own lunch, huh?”

“No, just tired,” Kevin replied getting off the couch and handing Kyra to Brianna. Heading for the kitchen he called, “C’mon AJ, I’m sure as hell not fixin’ your lunch.”

“Poor babies,” Brianna laughed. Looking at Kyra, she asked, “Aren’t Daddy and Uncle Bone funny?”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“No!” Ivy screamed. “Go away…leave me alone,” she jerked away from the large man holding her arm.

“Why don’t you understand? You’re mine and you always will be. I love you, Ivy,” he said in a menacing tone.

“No, you don’t love me! I hate you, leave me alone!” she screamed again, trying to shove him away. “You don’t love me, you never have.”

“We belong together,” he said, pushing Ivy against the wall. “You can never leave me…I won’t let you,” he raised his hand to strike her.

Before she knew what was happening; Ivy looked down and realized she was holding a gun. Her eyes widened…How did I get a gun? Raising the gun, she looked him in the eyes. “Let me go. I want you to leave, now!”

Laughing bitterly, he reached out to snatch the gun away from her. All of a sudden the sound of the gun broke the deathly silence. “You’ll be sorry, Ivy,” he choked out evilly before death consumed him.

Ivy sat up with a start. Tears streaming down her face and drenched in sweat, she realized it had been nothing more than a horrible dream. Looking over to the other side of the bed, she saw Howie was still sleeping soundly. “He would sleep through an earthquake,” she mumbled to herself and snuggled up beside him. “It was only a dream,” she tried to reassure herself. “But it seemed so real.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian picked up the ringing telephone and turned the volume on the television down a notch. “Hello?” he greeted.

“Brian?”

“Yeah, this is Brian…Julie? Is that you? What’s wrong? Are you okay?” he questioned, his concern evident.

“No, Brian, I’m not okay,” Julie sobbed. “It’s Daddy! I had to fly home to Kentucky…I’m on my way home from the airport now. It’s serious, Bri. I dunno exactly what’s wrong, but he’s in pretty bad condition from what my family told me over the phone. Oh, I don’t know what I would do if something were to happen to him!”

“I know, Jules,” Brian said in a comforting tone. He remembered that Julie had been a Daddy’s Girl since he’d known her.

Julie’s family was originally from Illinois, but her father’s job had relocated them to Kentucky. Ten year old Julie had fought tooth and nail to stay in Illinois, but despite the battle, she found herself in Kentucky next door to a---ewww---a boy. His mother was very nice---Mrs. Jackie---and his dad reminded her a lot of her own, but she just couldn’t grasp the concept of being friends with their two sons. To the dismay of both Julie and Brian, they had a lot in common. And---the shocker---they became best friends! Their families were very close and the two did everything together. It was only natural when Brian and Julie became a couple. They were “perfect for each other” according to EVERYONE.

Then, when Brian’s big break came along, they made a mutual agreement to go back to being the perfect best friends. They both knew it would just be too hard to have a long distance relationship, especially at the beginning of Brian’s career when he would be out of the country. At first they were both really good at keeping in touch with one another, but after a while, when BSB really hit it big in the United States, they just kinda lost contact. Even though Brian didn’t know where Julie was or how she was doing, Julie always kept tabs on how Brian and his group were. Now, they were back together and they were both determined not to loose each other ever again.

Brian said a prayer with Julie and sighed, “Jules, don’t worry. He’ll be okay. Remember, I’m praying for him, and you too. I love you.”

“Thanks, B. I love you, too. I’ll call you later.”

Brian clicked the telephone off and let out another sigh. He knew how worried Julie was, but he knew her father would be okay. Brian believed that with all his heart. Looking up, he saw Nicole standing in the doorway with tears gleaming in her eyes. “Nic…” he started before she turned and ran up the stairs. Brian flinched when he heard the bedroom door slam. “That’s so great…”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay, get this,” Nick started, looking around at his four best friends. “I think we should all get together and have a cookout or something.”

“I think that’s a good idea,” Howie nodded in agreement.

“The tour is starting soon. And if we really think about it, this is like the only chance we’ll have to do this,” Brian added his thoughts. This would also give him a chance to straighten things out with Nicole.

“Well, then, I say we party!” AJ grinned.

“Let’s do this tomorrow,” Kevin interrupted. “That way we’ll have time to get food and other essential items. And we can let the girls, and whoever else, know what our plans are,” he finished staring at AJ.

“What?!” AJ tried to look innocent.

“C’mon, Bone! We all know you’re gonna bring some ‘friends’,” Nick laughed, making the quotations with his fingers.

“So what if I like to liven things up?” AJ’s grin widened. “Why not make the most of it!”