- Text Size +
Bianca leaned her head back on her chair as Christina Aguilera performed “Come On Over.”

“Is this ever gonna stop?” she groaned. “This is so stupid.”

"Now what if she says the same thing about you while you’re on stage?” Brian leaned forward and asked Bianca.

“She probably will be, but I really don’t care. We don’t exactly get along like best friends,” she said with a fake smile.

Brian just laughed and sat back. Taking Nicole’s hand he leaned over and kissed her ear. “Having fun?” he whispered.

“Yeah, actually,” she smiled. Sighing, she added, “Bianca is right. This is stupid. I don’t like this song.”

Brian just kissed her ear again and squeezed her hand. He laughed to himself as he realized that Brianna and Ivy had the same expression as Bianca and Nicole plastered on their faces.

*************************************************************

Leaning forward and looking down the row, Kevin cleared his throat to get the attention of the other guys. “Let’s go,” he said. Leaning over he softly kissed Brianna’s lips. “I love you darlin’. I’ll be right back.”

“Okay, I love you, too, baby,” she smiled sweetly.

“I have to go in a minute because I perform right after they present the award,” Bianca was talking to no one in particular. Looking at Brianna she asked, “Are you sure you’re gonna be alright?”

“Damn it Bean, I’m fine! Now go before I’m forced to kick your ass!” Brianna laughed as Bianca got up and made her way backstage.

“Fine, but I’ll be back,” Bianca whispered loudly over her shoulder to Brianna.

As soon as Bianca was backstage, a woman with a headset and clipboard grabbed her arm. “Let’s go Miss Parker.” The woman led Bianca back to where she would go onstage then walked away.

Bianca sighed as people bustled around her. There were people touching up her make-up, checking her hair, and getting her mic on her.

“So, you’re the Bianca Parker?” she heard an unfamiliar voice ask when everyone had moved on to someone else.

Rolling her eyes, she turned around to face the person. Her eyes widened when she came face-to-face with Brian McFayden.

“Yeah...I am,” she smiled.

“So, Bianca, I’m Brian-”

“Um, yeah, I know,” she interrupted. Blushing, she said, “I watch you when you do the news on MTV.”

“Yeah, I’m waiting on some news about you,” he smiled flirtatiously and stepped closer. “Do you know if I’ll be getting any that would be of interest to me?”

Bianca stiffened slightly and giggled nervously. She was relieved to hear her introduction begin. “Well, I’ve gotta go,” she smiled and turned to get ready to go onstage.

“I’ll see ya around,” Brian stated with a sexy wink.

“Now let’s all welcome the next act of the night,” Chad from 2Gether began, acting as though he was terrified of being on that stage.

“She’s the newest pop princess on the scene,” Jerry spoke up.

“Her debut album has gone platinum and her new single is climbing very quickly to #1,” QT flashed a flirty grin.

“So, let’s give it up for Bianca Parker,” they all announced in unison.

Bianca watched as the fog drifted around and she listened to the soft opening chords. They soon began to thump and the music picked up. With a cue from a stage-hand, she made her way onstage to a chorus of applause.

She began to sing, working the crowd from the very beginning. Her performance was upbeat, very high energy. She beamed as the crowd got more into her performance. Her dance moves were perfect; her voice, virtually flawless.

When she finished, she was out of breath and sweaty. The crowd was cheering and clapping. Bianca took a final bow and ran off stage.

She was immediately met by the same stage-hands from before. They got her equipment off and gave her a towel and a bottle of water. Everyone was hurrying to get ready for the next award.

“Hey, baby,” Bianca greeted Nick when she saw him backstage. Her smile fell when she saw his concerned expression. “What’s wrong?”

“We’ve gotta go baby,” he took her hand and pulled her to the nearest exit.

“Why, where are we going?” she asked getting scared.

“The hospital,” he pulled her out to a waiting car. “It’s Brianna.”

“What do you mean it’s Brianna? What’s the matter? Is she okay?” Bianca asked now regretting the fact that she had left her best friend knowing about those pains.

“She’s gonna be fine,” Nick kissed her forehead and squeezed her hand to reassure her. “She was having pains and they got kinda bad. I think she went into labor.”