- Text Size +
Ivy watched the police officer as he drove; he looked very familiar to her for some reason. Where the hell is he taking me? she thought to herself, watching where they were going. “Excuse me, officer,” she spoke quietly. “Where are you going? This isn’t the way to the police station.”

“I think you need to shut up and let me drive, Ivy,” he told her in a gruff voice. “You just sit back and mind your own business while I get us where we’re going.”

Ivy sucked in a breath as realization set in. She wanted to scream, but she knew that even if she did, no one would hear her and it would make this man very angry. What am I gonna do? She watched the scenery and realized they were driving away from town. She didn’t know this part of Florida very well and she was scared…to say the least. What’s gonna happen to me?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“AJ, this is a great house,” his date said with a giggle. Getting closer to him, the young blonde smiled and lowered her voice to a sexy whisper. “I bet the bedroom is really nice.”

AJ rolled his eyes and was glad to hear the doorbell ring. Too bad you’ll never see it, huh? He tried to pry himself from this girl, Amy or Anna…whatever she said her name was.

“You don’t have to answer that, do you?” she asked trying to remove his shirt.

“Yes, actually, I do. It might be important,” he told her as he made his way to the door. He was surprised to see Bianca when he opened the door. “Hey,” he said, the shock registering on his face. “What are you doing here?” Remembering his annoying date he added, “Never mind…come on in.”

She smiled and shrugged, opting to answer his initial question. “I just felt like coming for a visit before I head back home to Mama’s for Christmas.” When she saw the pretty blonde standing in the doorway with her arms crossed over her chest and a scowl on her face, Bianca looked at AJ. “Sorry,” she blushed. “I’ll go. I didn’t mean to interrupt anything.”

“No!” AJ said a little too eagerly. “I haven’t seen you in a while…there’s a lot we have to catch up on. Besides…” he paused, trying to remember the girl’s name. When it failed to come to him he settled for the safe way out. “She was just leaving.”

Bianca chuckled to herself as AJ showed what’s-her-name to the door. “So, I take it you didn’t enjoy your date?” she asked when he came back.

Giving Bianca a warm, friendly hug, he laughed aloud. “I won’t bore you to death with those details. How are you?”

They both took a seat on the couch and Bianca sighed. “No better. The past three months have been hell and I can’t even begin to tell you about the last few days.”

“That bad?”

“Bad isn’t even the word to describe it.”

“Well, what’s wrong?” AJ asked, sensing something had happened.

As soon as he asked, Bianca began to cry. Taking a deep breath, she let it out slowly. “I went to see Eric-”

“What? Did he do something?:

Bianca couldn’t help but smile as AJ’s reaction. “No, he didn’t do anything…he couldn’t have if he’d wanted to,” she said, still smiling. “I told him about the baby.”

“What did he say?” AJ asked, taking her hand in his.

“Well, I found out the baby was Nick’s,” she said, flatly.

“Aww, Bean, I’m really sorry. I know that had to be really hard to hear.”

“Yeah. I never expected him to tell me he couldn’t have children. I knew he’d be insensitive about it, but that possibility never even entered my mind. It was such a shock. I still can’t believe it.”

“Have you talked to Nick?” AJ asked.

“No, I want to, but I’m scared to try.”

“What makes you think he’s not just as scared and upset as you?” AJ asked, raising his eyebrows.

Bianca just shrugged. “I just keep wondering if it’s too late.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian sighed. He was bored…and lonely. Nicole told him that if he expected her to come back, she would still need time because she was still hurt and upset. Nick had a date with Hayley. He could call it whatever he wanted; Brian called it a date. The rest of the guys were busy with other things as well.

“And there is nothing on TV,” he said aloud. Looking around for Tyke, he rolled his eyes when he found the dog asleep. “Great, even my dog is busy.” Suddenly, he had an idea. Grabbing his keys, he called to Tyke, “See ya later bud.” Brian laughed when Tyke didn’t make a move to get up; he only wagged his tail.

****A FEW MINUTES LATER****

Brian walked through the sliding doors and looked around. He smiled and made his way over to the nurses station, making sure to keep his hands behind his back.

“Can I help you sir?” a dark haired nurse asked with a polite smile.

“Uh, well, I need to see Julie,” he motioned to her.

Julie was huddled over a file, filling out a paper on a patient and she was completely unaware of Brian. When the nurse went over to Julie, Brian could see the annoyance written all over her face. The nurse came back with an apologetic expression on her face.

“I’m sorry sir; she said to tell anyone that asked for her that she’s very busy and can’t be bothered.”

“Well, is her shift almost over?”

“Yes, she gets off in about ten minutes or so,” she said.

“Thanks,” Brian smiled and left the emergency room. A few minutes later he was waiting near Julie’s car. When he finally saw her coming out of the hospital, he could read the surprise on her face. “You know, you’re a hard person to get a hold of at work. I’m not sure if I should be offended because you refused to see me or impressed that you’re so into your work.”

Julie smiled. “Well, I didn’t know it was you. I figured it was someone that just wanted to give me more work.”

Brian pulled his hand from behind his back and handed her a pink rose. “I thought you’d like it.”

“Awww…Duckie, that’s so sweet,” she said and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I thought since nothing was going on and you’re getting off work, maybe you wanted to go get dinner.”

“Sure, I just need to go home and change. If you want, you can follow me there and we can take one car.”

“Okay,” he smiled. “That’s a good idea. See you at your place.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bianca jumped slightly when her cell phone began to ring. She glared at AJ when he started laughing at her. “Hello?”

“Hey!” Holly greeted happily. “What are you doing?”

“Hey Hol! I’m here talking to AJ.”

“Well, get you asses off the couch and come clubbing with me,” Holly said.

“I dunno, Holly-”

“Nope, you’re not getting’ out of this one,” Holly said firmly. “Get up and bring AJ with you. We’re gonna party tonight.”

Before Bianca could protest further, Holly had ended the call. “C’mon AJ.”

“Huh?” he asked, confused.

“We’re going clubbing with Holly.”

“Holly?”

“Yep. The one and only. She’s in town visiting. She’s gonna ride back to North Carolina with me for Christmas. Now let’s go before she calls back.”

****TWENTY MINUTES LATER****

Bianca, Holly, and AJ all made their way into the crowded club. The music was louder than Bianca liked, but that was where Holly wanted to go, so she didn’t argue. Finding a vacant table, Bianca sat down and tried to force away memories from her last club experience.

“I’m gonna go get a Coke, would you ladies care for anything?” AJ yelled above the music. Holly nodded and told him what she wanted and Bianca shook her head ‘no’.

“Bean,” Holly called. “Let’s dance.”

“No-” Bianca began to decline, but Holly grabbed her arm and pulled her toward the dance floor. “You’re very bossy, you know that?”

“Well, personally, I think that’s my best quality,” she said loudly.

“Yeah, okay,” Bianca smiled and rolled her eyes. Maybe this night won’t be so bad, she thought and laughed at Holly shaking her hips.

All of a sudden, Bianca stopped dancing. “I spoke too soon,” she mumbled aloud.

“What’s wrong?” Holly asked but stopped when she saw who Bianca was staring at.

“Hey, Bean. How have you been?” Nick greeted quietly, a tall redhead holding his hand. As if it wasn’t bad enough, the girl was gorgeous.

“Fine,” she gave a tight smile and avoided his stare.

“Um, this is my date, Hayley. Hayley, this is Bianca and Holly.”

“Hi,” Hayley said with a smile.

“Hey,” Holly said.

Bianca remained silent. She was relieved when AJ walked up. “Okay, here’s your drink, Hol-” he said before Bianca grabbed it and downed it in one gulp. “You know, I do want a drink,” she said. Under her breath, she added, “I need a keg.”

“Uh, okay…” AJ said, confused. Then he finally saw Nick.

“Aje, can you go get me a drink please? It was nice meeting you, Hayley. Good seeing you Nick,” Bianca forced another fake smile and turned away before either of them could see her tears. Looking at AJ she sighed, “I knew it was too late.”