- Text Size +
“A Broken Soul”

**~Chapter Twelve~**

The waves over lap one another in a gentle tangle as it crashes onto the shoreline. Pieces of white sand flitter in the breeze before being sent up and drifts away. A.J. stares out the large glass pane window entranced in the delicate beauty of the beach. For a moment he had forgotten that he was kidnapped and bound to a chair with thick ropes now tied around his ankles and wrists encircled around the chair. Alena began getting suspicious after she received a phone call that her boyfriend was arrested and sent to the police station. A.J. didn’t get the whole idea about what that had to do with him but whatever it was he assumed it must be a bigger plot that Alena refused to share with A.J. himself. He sighs and watches the dark velvet sky settle over the ocean. He tries to moves his jaw but it found it impossible with the gag that was placed over his mouth; a ball of sock jammed into his mouth as the tape and rope wrapped around his jaw, itched his sensitive flesh upon his face.

He turns his head to the sound of the door opening, as Alena enters, smiling with delicate. He sees through the corner of his eyes, Alena’s silhouette approaching him. “Sorry about the ropes but I can’t take any chances now.” She whispers tugging on the gag and pulling it away from A.J.’s mouth. “There, much better. I figured you were thirsty, so I got you a cup of water.” She says as she tilts a glass cup and tips it into his mouth.

After his drink, he glares at her before speaking, “Why all of sudden did you decide to tie me up again? I thought we passed that level by now.” He grumbles, his dark eyes cutting into her.

Alena sighs and nervously tugs on a strand of her honeysuckle locks. “It looks like my baby is caught.”

A.J. rolls his eyes, “So?” He whispers angrily, his eyes focus on the beach beyond the window.

He hears her breathing slow down as she takes a deep breath and kneels besides him. Lying her head on his lap, she smiles and gazes into his eyes. “Well see the bet wasn’t for him to get busted. It went too far, even though I naturally won…”

She stops mid-sentence as he growls and sees the muscles beneath his shirt tense up, he seemed extremely irate. Lucky for Alena, he was tied up and he wouldn’t be able to attack her.

“Did I say something wrong?” Alena whispers with a wide smirk crossing her red lips.

A.J. lowers his eyes and stares directly into her blue green orbs, “A bet?”
“Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that to you.” Alena whispers, feeling the man tense up ready to gnash at her.

“Now, now. There’s no reason for you to get all wrapped up in this. It was something that I had to do and win. Besides I couldn’t let Amerian take all the glory…” She was cut off when A.J. finally screamed out what he thought of the whole bet.

“ALL THIS TIME!! YOU HAD ME CHAINED UP LIKE AN ANIMAL JUST TO PROVE TO YOUR BASTARD OF BOYFRIEND, THAT YOU WON!?” He releases his anger, pulling on the ropes, struggling to get out of them.

Alena stands up alarmed and backs away from the thrashing man before her. “Why are you bugging? It’s not a big deal. It’s not like I hurt you, cause if I did, I would have killed you a long time ago.”

A.J. stops thrashing around and stares at her in pure hatred, “You little bi…”

She stops him mid-sentence, by surprising him with a hard slap across his left cheek. “Don’t you ever use that language around me!”

A.J. simply laughs and lets out a stream of vulgarities that he was eager to release onto her.

She stands there distressed, nervously passing her pale snowy fingers through her blonde locks. “Shut up! Shut Up! I’ll kill you! I swear!”

A.J. stops talking and smirks at her, “Do you really think you can kill me? Come on Alena, you must have a reason why I’m really here right? I mean it wasn’t just cause I didn’t give you an autograph right? There’s more to this story now, isn’t there?” He whispers hauntingly.

She gulps and backs away from him, “You! You shut up you here! You’re bait that’s what you are! Just bait, once I get what I want, I’ll kill you like I did my guards!” She whispers harshly, her light eyes narrowing into thin slits.

A.J. watches the woman, so many questions needed to be answered, he needed to keep her talking, anything that might help explain her reasons for kidnapping him. “Bait? Really? That’s what I am to you? I thought you took me ‘cause you were crazy about me.” He responds sarcastically.

She huffs and tilts her head to the side, “I like Brian of the Backstreet Boys, not you. I could care less about you.” She whispers tauntingly.

A.J. gulps, “Why didn’t you kidnap Brian instead of me?”

She laughs, “Cause my baby thought it would be easier to get to you since you were the one attacked in the hotel.”

“How do know I was attacked in the hotel?!” A.J. whispers suspiciously, keeping his eyes intact on her.

She smiles, ‘There’s a little secret about my boyfriend that you don’t know.” She whispers, pulling out of her black jean pocket, her wallet.

A.J. shifts uncomfortably as the ropes cut into his wrists. He watches as Alena opens her wallet and pulls out a small photo. Holding it in front of A.J’s face, she feels A.J. tense up.

“Ok, so you’re boyfriend likes Brian too?” A.J. mumbles out, not grasping what the photo meant.

“No, you fool. This is my boyfriend.” Alena whispers.

A.J. tries to hold in a snicker, “You’re obsessed with my boy Brian, interesting.”

“No idiot, this is Amerian, not Brian. I got with him cause he looked identical to your friend. But trust me, Amerian acts no where near like your soft hearted friend.” Alena whispers with pride.

A.J. sucks his teeth, “Nice story, I’m sure your boyfriend doesn’t mind comparison.”

“You don’t believe me, do you?” Alena growls, placing the photo away.

“Oh gee, what could have told you that?” A.J. replies sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Alena shakes in fury and reaches in her back pocket to pull out a silver pistol. “I’m getting tired of your attitude, keep it up and you’ll see your brains splatter against the clean glass here.”

A.J. gulps loudly and slumps against the chair, staring at her wide eyed. “I’m, I’m only joking girl. I mean come one, I was just messing with ya.” He tries to laugh but the fear showed clearly through it.

The door to the room swings open as a burly man sticks his head into the threshold, “Alena, You’re needed in the other room, I think Sammy have some ideas to run by you.”

Alena sighs and nods her head, “Alright. Tell him I’ll be in a sec. I have some unfinished business here.”
The guard smiles and nods his large head, “Alright.” And exits the room.

Alena smiles and raises her pistol towards A.J.’s forehead, “If you get to Heaven, tell God I said hi.”

A.J. drops his mouth as he watches her pull the trigger on the pistol, releasing the deadly bullet.

He gasps and sits up in the seat, blinking his eyes to make sure he was awake. It was horrible nightmare , “Just a dream, A.J. Just a dream, not dead.” He whispers to himself as he stares at the glass pane window, the dark sky and beach greeting him. “If I can’t get the hell out of here, I’ll lose it.” He whispers to himself as the thick ropes tugged on his wrists and ankles. There was no gag on him, Alena had decided against it, but if worse comes to worse, she would come back to put it on him. He takes a deep breath and recalls the earlier conversation she had with him. His nightmare had collected some of her information that she had stated before to him. He didn’t realize it until now, about the info of Amerian. “What about him, Alena mentioned him before.” He whispers softly to himself as he tries to reason with the facts given to him. ‘If he looks Brian, does that mean the guys are endanger?’ He gasps at the revelation of the possibilities, ‘No, he wouldn’t. I mean the guys aren’t stupid. Besides, Brian is there. He would know if he saw someone coming for him.’ He thinks to himself yet there was ting of despair in his chest, he felt something was wrong. He raises his eyes to the window and whispers a silent prayer for the guys safety.
~*~

Howie tugs on the patch wrapped around his hand and smirks as Brian wraps a cotton cloth around his own hand. “It’s not a big cut B. We’ll live.”

Brian stops the wrap and stares at Howie seriously, “I’m not taking any chances. Did you see how those guys were carrying guns, I’m saying we should start carrying around some weapons ourselves just to be on the safe side.”

Howie smiles, his eyes sparkling in glee, “That’s not the Brian I know. He would be too afraid to carry around such a thing. I mean God forbid you’d have to use it.”

“Stop teasing me D. This isn’t funny.” Brian whispers, his eyes dropped to the carpet in the suite embarrassed .

“You’re right, it isn’t funny. But on the bright side. Kevin just called me while you were getting the kit from the bathroom.” Howie whispers lightly.

Brian’s eyes lit up, “Really? Where are they? They’re ok right? They’re safe?”

Howie laughs and nods his head, “Yeah, relax Brian. They’re cool. They’re like a few minutes away. Nick tried to convince him to go themselves to New Jersey and search out for A.J. But Kevin convinced him to forget it and let the pros take care of it.”
“Why would Nick want to go safe him by himself without protection?” Brian gasps, his azure eyes shot open.

Howie couldn’t help but smile at his friend’s resilient attitude, “Don’t worry, this is Nick we’re talking about. Besides he was talking with his heart, which isn’t a bad idea. He cares from him like the rest of us. He’s scared too. He just wants to help his friend out.”

“We all do, but you don’t see me running out in the middle of no one risking the life of A.J. and mine.” Brian whispers, a small smile tugging on the corners of his mouth.

Howie pats Brian’s shoulder gently, “Nick didn’t mean to, you know.”

Brian smirks, “You’re always taking his side.”

“Hey, someone has too. The kid isn’t crazy you know. Besides if I didn’t know any better, I’d think you’re jealous that you’re not the one doing the defending for him.” Howie whispers, seeing Brian chuckle a bit.

“I guess.” Brian whispers, and taping the cotton strip on his hand.

“Brian, it was only a small cut. It’s not like your guts are gonna come out of there.” Howie teased him.

“You never know.” A familiar voice states as Nick and Kevin enter the suite.

Howie stands up and gazes at the two men curiously, not knowing if they were the body doubles or the guys for real.

Nick’s statement brought a laughter out of Brian as he stands up and greets his friend.

“Wait, you are Nick right?” Brian asks confused.

Nick laughs, “Dude the one and only. Why, is there someone else that’s trying to me? Besides, the never imitated, never duplicated Nickolas.”

Kevin rolls his eyes, “It’s us man.” Kevin’s southern drawl comes out.

Brian smiles, “Good, I knew that. I was just making sure.”

Kevin shakes his head as Nick chuckles lightly, “Sure you did dude, sure you did B.” Nick whispers playfully.

“So what’s the story?” Howie asks, eyeing Kevin.

Kevin sighs and flops on his back onto the king side bed, “Amerian was caught. Which by the way, I’m so glad you guys are ok. Glad the guards protected you. But yeah they were hauling his behind to prison. So one of our old guards are gonna take extra precaution in watching you Brian.” He gazes at Brian who gulps nervously.

“Don’t worry B. you ain’t got nothin’ to worry ‘bout.” Nick states, flopping on the edge of the bed, causing Kevin to bounce a bit. “Sorry Kev.”

Kevin’s response was a grumble as he playfully hits the back of Nick’s head.

“What do we do now?” Howie whispers, settling down in a chair.

“Chill out. Yo, what happened to you guys hands?” Nick asks curiously, tugging on Brian’s cotton wrapped hand.

“Just a little accident. My hand and Howie’s, got scraped on a nail that was sticking out of the door.” Brian responses, checking his masterpiece of his wrapped hand.

“A nail? How, I thought these rooms are brand new.” Kevin replies, lying on the bed, his head leaning on his curl arm beneath it.

“Oh the shooting that happened here.” Howie says quietly.

“WHAT?!” Both Nick and Kevin shout in unison. Kevin sits up in bed, his eyes wide open.

Brian glances at Howie, “Guess, we gotta explain huh?”

“Duh, you think.” Nick says sarcastically.

“I guess the guards didn’t tell ya the whole story then. Get ready, it gets pretty crazy.” Howie says.

Nick and Kevin glance at each other and shrugs their shoulders as they begin to listen intensely to Howie explain the mess they got in only a few minutes ago with Amerian.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**