- Text Size +
“A Broken Soul”

**~Chapter Thirteen~**

The media blast the news breaking story of Amerian and Jeremiah who are being lead away to a police car with cuffs. A news reporter mentions the men were caught in the act of endangerment to innocent lives and possession of illegal weapons on the television screen. Brian, Kevin, Nick and Howie gather around the large screen television placed in Howie’s suite, watching the Channel Seven news. A young news reporter stands uncomfortable in front of the Towers Hotel as he glances around the police cars that surround the entrance of the hotel. “Good evening, I’m Noah Wellstin standing in front of Towers Hotel where only moments ago, the ones responsible for placing the mega star group Backstreet Boys in danger were caught. After the men threatened the lives of the four existing members, two of the body doubles defended the group and attacked the criminals. The two men were caught in the act of holding illegal arsenal to the guys. Close sources tell us that it was one of the group’s own personal body guards that were hired recently after Mr. Mclean kidnapping, is responsible for such endangerment.”

Kevin shuts off the television as he slumps back into the black leather sofa. He is greeted with a sigh coming from one of the guys. The silence fills the suite as he glances at the other three members of the group. He didn’t want to hear the rest of the news nor did he care. The fact that a criminal was supposedly ‘protecting’ them and yet placed them in serious danger, still shook him up.

He feels the weight of the sofa get heavier as Brian and Howie slump besides him.

Nick sits on the carpeted floor dazed and lost in his thoughts.

“Hey Nick, how you feeling?” Howie whispers, placing a warm comforting hand on his friend’s shoulder.

“Angry, upset, frustrated, confused.” Nick mumbles, his eyes clouded in worry.

“You ain’t the only one dude.” Brian whispers quietly, his blood shot eyes full of worry and sleepless nights.

“So what happens now? The guys are caught and A.J. is still missing.” Nick mutters, rolling his eyes up to the plain white ceiling.

“We rely on the police. That’s what we do.” Kevin speaks quietly, his bright eyes staring at the arm of the sofa.

“The police that’s right. Kevin, I was talking with my lawyer before I arrived to D’s room. Wanna know what he said?” Brian whispers so quiet, his voice dropping away.

Kevin gulps and shakes his head, “Is it about the case?”

“Yeah, he said the case is looking bad for me. The fact A.J. is no where to be found and my suppose double is arrested places me in a problem. If and when I get to court tomorrow, if I don’t find the one responsible for holding A.J. and can’t prove my alibi, I’m going to jail.” He chokes out, tears slamming down his face as he buries his face into his hands.

“No, man this can’t be it. B, don’t give up. Look Nick, you said you have an idea of where A.J. is at right?” Howie states as he comforts Brian besides him.

“Somewhat. The info is a bit sketchy but I have a pretty good idea where he could be at.” Nick whispers, with a new hope in his voice.

“Good, and the cops already know about that info, so I assume the area is already getting policed then.” Howie states, rubbing his hands in excitement as the other guys look on in confusion.

“Wait, you’re not thinking about heading out over there right? I already told Nick this is out of our league! The cops got it covered D.” Kevin states, standing up as he places his hands into his jeans.

“The cops! So you’re going to wait ‘till the police figured this out! I can’t wait anymore, I’m tired of it and time is against me! Tomorrow if I can’t prove my innocence in the court, then that’s it! I’ll be found guilty of a crime I never committed!” Brian shouts, his heart racing a mile a minute.

“I’m agreeing with Howie, let’s do this ourselves! A.J.’s counting on us! The more we wait, the worse things can occur.” Nick explains, drumming his fingers on his knees.

Kevin sighs frustrated and throws his hands into the air, “Aren’t you thinking straight! This is a dangerous position we’re in, if you think we can survive against an armed group of criminals then you’re out of your mind. The police have been trained for situations like this all the time, they know how to deal and handle with such things. We don’t! There’s a difference, they’re armed and we aren’t, which leads me to my question. How the hell are we gonna defend ourselves against on coming bullets?”

“Fight back with a gun.” Nick whispers, picking his pockets and pulling out loose change.

“This is unbelievable.” Kevin screeches as a profanity comes out of his mouth.

“So we’re doing this now.” Howie states, running to the coat hanger to get his jacket, “The faster we get there, the faster we can save A.J.”

“And the faster you guys get hurt.” Kevin cries out, hoping to reason with his band mates. “You guys aren’t thinking straight! You’re letting your emotions take control and you can get yourselves in major trouble out there.”

“Hey man, trouble is my middle name. I ain’t afraid of trying. It never hurts to try Kev. Come on, do this for Brian’s freedom and A.J.’s safety. You know it’s the only way to do this.” Nick states, the confidence creeping into his light eyes.

Kevin sighs and slumps his shoulders, knowing he was defeated. Today he wasn’t able to fight back and hence the others smile, tugging on Kevin as they all exit the room.
~*~

Jeremiah and Amerian were being lead towards a police car in handcuffs as a photographer snaps a picture of their faces, blinding them for almost a minute.

Grumbling Amerian turns to Jeremiah as a thought flowed into his mind. Smiling, he winks to his partner who smirks. He gets into the back of the police car with his friend as the doors slam on either side of them. Two male cops board the front of the vehicle and pulls away from the hotel in a quiet matter. By now, the media had gotten a hold of the news and had the perimeter of the hotel was swarming with greedy reporters.

Jeremiah places his warm head against the cool glass windows as Amerian glances at him again. He watches the moving scenery as the car passes houses and other cars down the streets. Whispering quietly, Jeremiah glances at the metal bars that separated him from the officers in the front seats. “A, what’s you’re thinking of?”

Amerian chuckles quietly as he leans near his friend, “I just found us a way out of here.”

“How?” Jeremiah asks curiously, his dark eyes following Amerian’s cuffed hands to the back pocket of the jeans. Amerian with a smirk on his face pulls out a small nail that easily fits through the cuff locks, enabling it to open the cuffs.

Jeremiah chuckles quietly as the two police officers in the front were engrossed in their own conversation.

“Shhh.” Amerian whispers, as he quietly and effectively slips out of the cuffs in his hands. Releasing his hands out of the cuffs, he places the small nail into his partner’s cuffs, releasing Jeremiah from the cuffs as well.

“Now, time for some fun!” Amerian whispers as Jeremiah watches in glee. Amerian crouches and pulls out another small metal nail from his boot. Holding the two small nails, one in each hand, he waits for the right moment for the car to stop. Once the car reaches a small intersection, Amerian slowly kneels down and in a matter of seconds shoves the nails in the temple of both of the officers. A wail of scream rages through the car as the car screeches to a halt. Both officers, holding their wounded heads in their bloody hands, pulls out a pistol and aims it at the two men.

‘This is some mess you started.” Jeremiah taunts Amerian as he watches the wounded officers calling for backup. A rush of blood poured out of the wounds as the officers try to remain alert but failed miserably. Soon in a few minutes, both officers collapse in their seat from the lack of blood as the red liquid stains the front seats and windows.

“Bingo, this is our lucky day.” Jeremiah whispers as he and Amerian fling open the car doors besides them and races out the vehicle.

“Woo hoo!! Alright Am! That was nice! I have to get you credit on that! I thought for sure we were heading to jail.” Jeremiah leaps in joy as he runs up to catch up to his friend who manages to run a few blocks down, away from the cop car.

“Never underestimate the power of freedom.” Amerian whispers happily, his dirty blonde hair blowing in the gentle winds.

“So where we off to Am?” Jeremiah asks, searching through his gym bag that he managed to yank out the police car before escaping it.

“Time to visit an old friend of mine.” Amerian whispers, his blue eyes glowing in glee. Both men disappear into the thick forest, losing their trail so the cops won’t be able to track them down.
~*~

A.J. glances up to see Alena enter the room, the thick ropes rub into his soft wrists as he looks to see her coming in. She smiles and enters with a cold glass cup of water. “Here you go, A.J. Something to drink. I thought you might get parched with all that screaming you were doing before.”

“You heard me? I thought you said this room is soundproof.” A.J. asks curiously.

“Well I heard ya for a few seconds when I was coming into the room. So how you enjoying the moon tonight?” Alena whispers, kneeling down besides his chair.

“Not doing good. I want to be let out. Why don’t you be a nice girl and just let me go?” A.J. whispers, faking a smile to her, the same smile that millions of fans fall for.

“Well where’s the fun in that? I can’t just let you go. This is a bet I’m not losing and as long as Amerian is still alive, you have to stay here.” Alena whispers, her pale snowy fingers crawling up A.J.’s legs seductively.

“Hmp. A bet, I’ve become a bet to you. Nothing more.” A.J. growls as he recalled the night mare he just had. Picking his words apart, he carefully tried to whisper his next statement.

“A.J. I told you all this before, you’re here cause your the easiest I can get to.” Alena purrs into his ears, her honeysuckle locks brush up against his cheeks.

‘Easiest? You wench.’ A.J. thinks to himself before he continues, “Cut the crap, Alena. Does Amerian wanna hurt us?”

Alena leaps back at the statement which surprised her and smirks, “Amerian can’t kill me. He’s not coming to kill me. He loves me too much to do that.”

“What about me?” A.J. asks quietly, his dark eyes watching the tall woman pace back and forth before him.

She turns at his question and smiles, shrugging her shoulders, “What about you? I don’t know what Amerian has planned for you. But the way I see it, he owns me money since I got you.”

A.J. growls and shakes his head annoyed, “Well that’s interesting, now isn’t it? I mean if he owns you money, wouldn’t we both be on his list? He might not want to pay you back, or even have the money on him.”

Alena stops and glares at him, “He wouldn’t.” She whispers manically.

“You never know.” A.J. states, his bruised hands cut into the ropes.

Alena snorts and heads towards the exit of the room, “I’ll be right back, I have to do something.” She whispers, slipping out the room, the door closes behind her.

A.J. smiles and murmurs, “Take your time, sweet heart. Take your time.”
~*~

The four men head out the hotel through the side, inside a tinted window SUV. Kevin drives out the hotel driveway, slamming his feet on the pedal, pulling them out the hotel. Nick and Brian settle in the back seat, talking quietly among themselves as Howie rubs his sweating palms on the front of his dark denims, on his knees. He fingers the black pistol in his pocket, gulping quietly to himself.

Kevin glances at Howie and back to the front of the road, “D, if it helps, I’m scared sh…”

“Shhhh, did you hear that?” Brian cuts in, avoiding Kevin’s profanity.

“Hear what?” Howie asks, turning his head to see Nick smiling, “And can I ask what the grin is for?”

“Hehe, nothing, just that A.J. is gonna be with us soon.” Nick whispers, running his fingers through his blonde spikes.

“Yup, that’s right.” Kevin whispers.

“Whoa dude, did you smell that?” Brian asks, crinkling his nose and starts sniffing the air.

Three pair of eyes glance at Nick before they face the front.

“Oh what? Come on, you act like you never farted before. My butt is happy too, can you tell?” Nick smirks as he leans back chuckling.

The vehicle is filled with laughter after the statement and it seems the trouble is almost out the way.
~*~

Amerian gazes up at the warehouse beside the quiet beach. “Hmmm, nothings change. Looks like Alena is waiting for our arrival.”

“Nothing like a welcome home party eh?” Jeremiah smirks as both men pull open the side of a metal door and make their ways up the stairs. They see a few guards talking, not noting the new visitors that entered through the side entrance. Amerian raises his pistol and shoots a silent bullet, cutting into one of the guards temples, killing him instantly. Another guard gasps and nervously reaches out for his pistol but not in time before another silent pistol crashes into his throat, spewing out blood. The guard gasps quietly and collapses dead on the floor. Five more guards confused and alarmed, start shouting but collapsed dead once the silent bullets slammed into all their bodies. Jeremiah smirks at his partner and both continue their flight up the stairs. The dark hallways crawl with litter and insects as they make their way towards the next level of the building.

Climbing up five more flights, Amerian stops midway in a step and spreads out his arms besides him, “Wait. I hear voices. They’re nearby. If one of Alena’s goonies sees us, we’re toast. I wanna see if she got the guy.”

“Why don’t you just talk with her?” Jeremiah murmurs softly, dropping his gym bag on the steps behind him.

“Not yet. I wanna see the guy.”

“Don’t you think he’s being watched by her guards or such?” Jeremiah whispers, rotating the revolver in his hands.

“Doubt it, she doesn’t think that we know he’s here. I manage to trace her call here, I was lucked out ‘cause this is normally a blocked phone zone.” Amerian mentions, smiling like the super star he looks like.

They hear voices approaching in the dimly lit hallway they’re on. The voices disappear as it drifts into a corner and vanishes, leaving the quiet hallway, in its peace once again.

“That door, she puts her little slaves in that room, last door to the left.” Amerian whispers, pointing down and making his way to the door. Once reaching the door, he stops and listens for voices bouncing off the walls another level above him.

Jeremiah nudges his partner and Amerian grips the rusty copper doorknob, swinging the door open.

The door slowly creeks open as a lighted room spans before him. He sees a man tied to a chair, the tight ropes cutting into the man’s wrists and ankles. Entering the room, both Jeremiah and Amerian armed with arsenal beneath their shirts. Jeremiah silently closes the door behind him as Amerian reaches A.J. Peering down at A.J. who seems to be taking a nap, Amerian chuckles. Jeremiah stands near the door, a pistol in his hands in case someone enters the room unexpectedly.

A.J. shuffles in the chair and raises his head to see Amerian, “Brian! What the hell are you doing here? I should kill you for trying to kill me the other day in the room!” His dark eyes burning with hatred as he wraths in the chair, cursing up a storm.

Amerian smirks, “I thought you’d be happy to see me, I’m getting you out of here.”

“GO TO HELL Brian!” A.J. shouts, screaming out more vulgarities as he gazes in the eyes of what once used to be his friend.

Amerian chuckles and pulls out a pistol from beneath his shirt, “Not until you go there first.” As he places the cold tip of the gun on A.J.’s forehead.

A.J. gasps and cries out, “What did I do to you, to make you hate me this much? You betrayed me!! After everything we’ve been through!” He tries to plead with his ‘friend’ but Amerian simply laughs and takes a nice fresh cool air.

“What can I say buddy, people change man.” Amerian whispers angrily, eyeing Jeremiah from the corner of his eyes.

“Yo, get it over with already, I hear some guards coming back down the hallway. We might not have enough bullets to spray them.” Jeremiah mumbles, his head poking a bit into the hallway as he sneaks a peek.

Amerian shrugs his shoulders and sighs, “Oh well, it was nice knowing ya.” And with that aims the pistol and gets ready to pull the trigger.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**