- Text Size +
“A Broken Soul”


**~Chapter Fourteen~**

Kevin passes down a vacant dusty road, his eyes scanning his environment. He intakes a deep breath as he hears the worried whispers of the others.

“Ke, Kev, Kevin. Do you think this is right?” Brian asks quietly.

Kevin smirks, “We won’t be alone. I’m sure our guards are already at the New Jersey shoreline, tracking A.J. down.”

“I know but this isn’t our place, know that I’m thinking about it. We could get shot up trying to get near A.J.!” Brian exclaims, the complete fear and worry clouded his vision.

Howie pulls Brian away from the van they were driving in, as a group they had to decided to take a breather before entering the borders of New Jersey to locate their missing friend.

Nick paces around the SUV impatiently as he gazes at Kevin. Kevin saw the pleading look coming from Nick and knew he wanted to head out already and find their friend.

“Nick, relax for a moment. We’re getting ourselves a little to into this case. If one of the abductor members see any of us, they could hurt or do something to harm A.J. and we can’t let that happen.” Kevin whisper, the eerie thoughts of what those results could lead to invading his plaguing mind.

“Yeah but if we don’t do something, A.J. could be in harm anyway!” Nick winces as he catches his statement.

“Man it seems we would lose either way then if we do this.” Brian murmurs, his light eyes following a trial of a dead leaf on the dusty road.

“I’m not giving up! No matter what happens we all decided we have to find A.J. and get him away from Amerian and whoever else is involved with it.” Howie responds vehemently.

“Ok, yeah. We’ll do that. We’re wasting time worrying when we can do something about it.” Kevin smiles, nodding his head, waving the three guys into the vehicle again.

“This time I drive.” Nick immediately states, swinging open the black SUV door and climbs in the drivers seat. In a matter of seconds the guys all settle down in their seats and Nick turns on the ignition and slams his foot down the pedal, careening the Escalade down the deserted road.
~*~

I don’t know if its possible to literally hear your heart stop beating for a moment at a time, but I know the moment I saw the pistol aimed at me, everything I was ever sorry about doing came slapping back in my face. I stare at the cold tip of the gun as Brian places it on my forehead. If I was going to lose my life right now, I figured I need to get a full explanation about why before I breathe my last.

“Can I have my last request? You know how they do in prison? Can we work that out? Please?!” I plead to the man that betrayed my trust. I needed to know what happened to the Brian that I knew, about his hatred for me get to the point here he was ready to shot a bullet into my brain and call it an end. An end to my life but an end to our relationship.

“A request? You’re kidding me right?” Amerian smirks, fingering the trigger of the pistol.

“Brian please, what happened to us man. I though we were cool. We were friends right? Aren’t we still?” I ask, dreading the answers that man will say. It seemed I caught him by surprise as he slowly pulls away the pistol and runs his fingers through his dirty blonde hair.

“What happened to us? A.J. I don’t know. You’re right, I don’t know where this hatred came for you but I know one thing, I’m gonna win this bet. Alena thought she would have you and make a profit with you, but I told her that can’t happen if you’re dead. I originally agreed to help her kidnap you cause she wanted to get close to me, or should I say your friend Brian. She loved that guy, she really thought she was gonna be with him. Then that day, oh A.J you missed up. See I wasn’t gonna really go along with her crazy plan, I mean come on, give me some credit I could care less about you guys or what you do for a living. But Alena, Alena loved you guys like family. She came to me two months ago, crying her pretty little eyes out that you insulted her, made her feel bad when she met you after one of your concerts. You walked by and didn’t bother signing anything. You didn’t give her a hug, take a picture nothing!” Amerian explains, the expression on his face was full of frustration, anger, sadness as he recalled the sobs Alena had cried, “She was sobbing, locked herself away in her house thinking she was at fault for being insulted by you. I tried to explain to her that your opinion doesn’t count, that she can get the attention from me. But no! No Alex, you had to make it hard on me and my relationship with her was destroyed by you! She keeps denying it, saying she was trying to get to Brian through you, but that’s a lie. A lie she made up to prove her actions. You hurt her, broke her heart, made her cry tears. Now I’m gonna make sure you never do that to her again. I wanna hear you cry, hurt you and if possible see your heart break before me. If I can’t fix my relationship with her then at least I can see her smile when your corpse is sprawled on the floor before her.” Amerian rasps.

I gulp, staring at the man in front of me, the anger practically radiating off of him. “She couldn’t be mad at that, I didn’t see her. I was rushed by my security and I had to catch a plane immediately after that concert. I was unable to spend much time at all with any of fans back there but it was purely out of my control. She couldn’t have lost her mind for that.” I cry out, my words toppling out my mouth feeling like I was blabbering rather than doing anything else. “You know I love the fans, I would never want to walk away from them, but I was on a time schedule. She had to understand I meant no harm, I was on a time limit…”

I was cut off as Amerian growls and cut in, “You had time, if you wanted to. You could have forgotten about the time or the stupid plane and spend time for the people that make you who you are. You’re nothing to me, but to my girlfriend you’re everything. And because of that, I was always left to compete for her attention. I hate you and I don’t even know you.” He seethes out, his light eyes shooting in my sensitive flesh. I cringe in pain as the thick ropes, bury their knots into my skin: cutting it, tearing at my wrists and ankles as the soft flow of blood almost breaks onto my skin.

“Amerian, are you kill him or what?” His partner shouts.

“Don’t rush me Jeremiah. I want to enjoy this event and make it last while I have the chance.” Amerian turns to look at me and kneels in front of me, his bright eyes glittering in glee as he continues, “You know A.J. the only reason why I backed down from her little plot was I figured why come after one when there is more profit to be made with the others. So I went undercover as security for your friends.” He stops, a smile plastered on his face as he hears me gasp. “Yes. Undercover. I had access to their rooms and everything. Everywhere they would go, I would be with them. I know what they’re afraid of, what they dream of, what they want and desire. A.J. I could have killed your little friends and made a buck load of money. I was close to but thought against it until your little bastard of a friend snatched a folder that belonged to me. It had everything I was thinking about. They didn’t know who Amerian was, but they received some vital info from the other body double security that was working for them. Those men work closely connected to the police and they called the cops on me. Do know how that made me feel? Do you?” Amerian near my face, spitting on my cheek as the rancid liquid stain my face.

I manage to smile and not let the action get to me, figured that he would get angry if he didn’t receive a response from me. And I was right, he seem to stand up and shout angrily about why didn’t I do anything? Why didn’t I get angry? All I could do was laugh. That’s right just laugh, laugh so my worries won’t taunt me that I’ll get out of here, and laugh away the possibility that I won’t see anyone out of this room and I won’t spend my last precious moments with my friends or and family around me. But rather that I’ll just die with two strangers, one who was mentally unstable and the other his rookie. And what makes it worse is that I’ll probably get killed by a man that looks identical to Brian. And that image will haunt me to my death.
~*~

“Turn here. Right, no left. Good right that’s it.” Howie states, giving Nick directions on where to turn down the road,

“Wait, you said right, right?” Nick asks confused, raising his light eyebrows.

Howie rolls his eyes, “I said left.”

Nick grumbles something under his breathe as he steers the vehicles wheel to the left. “Make sense D.”

“I am, you’re just to slow to get it.” Howie whispers.

Nick glances over to the passenger seat and noted the smirk on his friend’s face. ‘At least someone can still smile.’ Everyday was getting harder to go through without them not knowing what is going on with A.J. It’s a daring rescue they all decided to go to tonight, but it had to get done. The faster they get to A.J. the faster A.J. can get back to his normal life. Though being a celebrity isn’t just anyone’s normal occupation, but it came with the territory. Brian and Kevin poke their heads out of the either side of the back tinted windows trying to see if they were anywhere near where A.J. could be at.

Nick pulls down into a pier and steers down the vacant wooden walkway, “Ok guys, we’re at the beach, do you see something that looks like one would get taken to?”

Kevin sighs, “That could be anywhere. For all we know, A.J. could have used a pay phone from outside to have made the call to Brian.”

Brian narrows his eyes, “Not really, the number was blocked meaning pay phones don’t have that access. If anything, the number would have appeared on my phone but never did.”

“So its indoors then, hmmm…” Howie whispers, scanning the white yellow sand around either side of the walkway.

“There! That’s it!” Kevin whispers as he sees Canon, Sean, Franklin and Emmanuel creeping along the side of a rickety decaying brick building hidden in the back of the shadows of the beach.

“Bingo.” Brian whispers, pulling his head back in to the vehicle as Nick pulls to a stop away from the guards.

“Now what?” Nick whispers, the dark velvet black sky cowering over the menacing building that contained their wounded friend.

“We save A.J. that’s what.” Howie whispers, opening the door and leaps on the ground as the others do the same. Brian gulps and sees Nick staring at him.

“Nick dude, you alright man?” Brian whispers, giving Nick a gentle squeeze on his shoulder.

Nick shakes his head and sighs, “God I don’t wanna do this. We’re gonna just mess things up.”

“Oh no, too late to have regrets. We’re here and we’re gonna go through with this. I already talked with Canon, it was his idea for us to do this.” Howie explains, kneeling down, placing his hand on one of the silver pistols that was tucked away in his sock.

“This is Canon’s idea?! And when were you gonna tell us this?” Brian murmurs loudly.

Howie shrugs his shoulders, “Now, since we got here. Remember to stay in the shadows at all times.”

Kevin throws his hands in the air, “Oh man, nice Howie. Thanks for not informing us! Fine look whatever. A.J. needs us, lets go catch up with the guards. They have a way to get us into the building.”

“Man, I can’t wait to see the freak who’s responsible for taking A.J. I’m sure A.J. got stories to tell about this.” Nick whispers, crouching down and running over to where Canon and the others are waiting for them, near the back end of a railing, a few feet away from the guarded building.

“Glad you guys didn’t chicken out on us.” Sean states, loading his pistol and packing it away onto his weapon belt.

Nick snorts, “Dude, no way. I always wanted to creep around and get the bad guys.”

Sean leans near Nick, the almost identical face peering at the young man. “Nick, remember this is real. People die doing this. And I just hope that it isn’t too late for your friend.”

Brian scratches the back of his head and noted that Emmanuel was missing. “Hey, one guy is missing.”

Canon, Kevin’s double nods his head and places his pointer finger over his lips, “Shhh. We know. He’s gonna get a reaction from the guards in the front of the building, they’ll be on high alert and think A.J. escaped so they’ll be running after him. This gives us the chance to sneak in the side of the building when the guards run off.”

“Oh” was Brian could say for he was taken aback by all the planning. He was scared senseless, the last thing he needed was to get caught up with some mafia like group.

“Ready?” Franklin, Howie’s double states, pulling a black wool mask over his face.

Kevin gulps and nods his head, “Ready as we’ll ever be.”

“Great, Nick it’s now or never then right?” Sean teases, elbowing Nick on the side.

Nick smirks, “Yeah, guess so. Let’s do this.”

“Alright, at my count, we head out. One, two, go!” Franklin shouts as they all creep along side the building.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**