- Text Size +
A/N: Hey everyone, this is it, the final chapter. Since I’m working on other projects I decided to get to the end of this story, so for anyone who is still interested, I hope you read and enjoy this story! Thanks and if you haven’t already, please e-mail me or review to let me know what you thought of this story. Thanks so much to all your readers! *grins* take care and watch out for my other projects.

“A Broken Soul”

**~Chapter Fifteen~**

Emmanuel stayed in the shadows into he saw Canon’s signal to race off towards the building’s front yard. Emmanuel sprinted across the yard and was immediately spotted by the two main guards at the doors head quarters.

“Hey, what the hell?! How did you get out? GET HIM!” One of the armed guards yells as he along with his partner race after Emmanuel.

Franklin watches the two guards followed by five other armed soldiers race after Emmanuel into the shadows of the darkness leaving the main entrance clear for the moment.

“Ok this is our chance to get inside, everyone stay together at all times. You all know how to use the pistols we gave you right?” Canon whispers loudly over the shouts of the guards that scrambled out of the front building.

“The side entrance is all clear for now, this is it, we’re going in.” Sean whispers, reaching a cold metal uninviting doorway on the side of the building. He clasps his hands around the decaying metal handle and yanks it open, allowing the group access into the building. They all follow Sean inside the building, the darkness welcoming them as they all entered.

Franklin shuffles through his pockets and pulls out a small pen like flashlight that illuminated the dirty hallway before them.

Nick and Brian gulp, gripping each others shoulders in fear. Franklin shines the small flashlight towards their direction and smile. “It’s ok to be scared, just don’t let the enemy know.” Franklin whispers.

Kevin smiles and playfully pushes Brian, “I thought you were gonna stop seeing Nick after you got married.” He teases his cousin, smiling as Brian rolls his eyes.

Nick whispers out, “This is serious man. Don’t joke like that.” Both men let go of each other and fumble for their pistols that are tucked somewhere in their jean pockets.

“I, I never shot any one before.” Howie chokes out, as he grips the small pistol in his hands.

“Well let’s hope you don’t have to either, if things work out well.” Sean whispers, aiming his gun towards the grated balcony above them. “Shhhh, I hear someone up there.”

The others quieted down and trail their eyes above them to see a pair of soldiers with rifles slump over their shoulders.

Canon whispers so low that everyone had to strain to hear him, “We’ll be splitting up. It’ll make for faster and easier load to work with. Plus we can sneak into plenty rooms to track down where A.J. is being held at, as smaller groups. Franklin, you and Howie go down the east wing, Sean and Nick, you cover the west wing while I head out with Kevin and Brian up the balcony towards the north. Keep your walkie-talkie on, and contact me if anything. We’ll meet up here in twenty minutes. Set your watches. Go and guys good luck.” Canon states, smiling gently as Sean and Franklin set their watches on the time.

“Good luck to you guys. A.J. needs our help, let’s get a move on. We’ll see ya later. Bye.” Franklin states, tugging on Howie’s sleeve gently. Howie gulps and waves shakily, creeping along the wall behind his body double as they head down the left side, where the east wing awaited them.

Brian gulps and feels his heart pound in his chest as Nick and Sean wave and disappear down the right side of the long evacuated hallway towards the West wing of the building.

“Well boys, ready?” Canon whispers, keeping his eyes on Brian who seems to be fidgeting.

Kevin consoles his cousin and nods his head, “Yeah, let’s go. I don’t want to get seen by any of the guards in this building.”

Canon nods his head and approaches the silver metal railing at the foot of the iron steps, “Ok, good. And Brian, will you be ok?”

Brian just simply nods his head, he was too scared to say anything at the moment. He follows behind Kevin and Canon up the stairs and reaches the top. Canon keeping his fingers placed over his own lips, stare at the two men. He moves onto the walkway as the creaking of the iron grated floor beneath him moans out.

Kevin grips Brian’s hand as both men inch up against a wall and follow quietly behind Canon. Kevin would have never thought he would be doing something this dangerous. And he thought Nick eating heavily and boarding a roller coaster was bad enough, he had no idea. Looks like he would have to apologize to poor Nick for his silly antics in the past, for it was never as dangerous as this.

“Ok, listen to me guys. There’s two guards heading down the hallway. I’m going distract them long enough for you to sneak pass me quietly. They won’t see you since they’ll be facing their back towards you. If anything, id you hear a shot or yelling. Don’t turn around! Hear me. Whatever you do, don’t turn around. The police is after Brian, they believe he’s responsible for the events in the hotel. So if these guys see ya, they might take him in. Understood?” Canon states, clearing up any confusion that hounded the two cousins mind.

“O, ok.” Kevin managed to whisper as Canon smiles, the same emerald eyes gleaming under the harsh white ceiling lights.

Brian nods his head and smiles painfully, the fear scrolled his face darkly.

Canon pats Brian’s shoulder and grips it, “It’ll be ok. I’ll do anything in my power to protect you both. We’re professionals at this. I wish you guys weren’t involved in this, its too dangerous, but then no one would be able to watch over you, since the hunt is on for Brian. And having you guys in the hotel for questioning, would be too much pressure and someone might crack and say things that aren’t truth. It always happens to victims with stress. The police tend to say things to play with the victims mind and someone might fall for such a deviant plan.”

Even after all of Canon’s saying, Brian didn’t feel any less comfortable or confident as the fear grips his spine painfully.

Kevin leans near Brian and whispers into his ear, “Think of who scared A.J. is right now. Don’t think about you. It’s not about you, but A.J. ok?”

Brian sniffs and nods his head, “Yeah, for A.J. we’ll do this.”

“Great. Let’s get a move on, the two soldiers are approaching down the hallway now.” Canon whispers, walking calmly towards the two armed soldiers at the end of the hallway.

Kevin and Brian watch as Canon starts up a conversation, keeping a sharp eye on both him and Brian. Both guards join the conversation, questions of who is he and what is his purpose in the building comes out. Canon answers swiftly, his answers seeming to satisfy both armed guards. The conversation keeps going as Brian and Kevin creep towards the soldiers backs. They slide down the wall and crawl down, their facing the back of the soldiers as Canon laughs and continues the conversation, hoping to keep the two men interested in what he is saying. Brian and Kevin crawl quietly on the floor away from the soldiers unnoticed as they veered towards another corner waiting for Canon to catch up to them.

Suddenly a tall caramel complexion man stands in front of Brian and Kevin and smiles, “Am, that was fast, I just left to load up on guns and you already wasted the kid. While let’s go and what are you doing with this lame a…”

“Oh, wait you think…” Brian cuts the man off before Jeremiah completed his sentence.

“Think what? Dude, let’s roll and while your at it, shoot off this guy, we don’t need the other doubles finding out about this whole plan.” Jeremiah mentions, raising his pistol towards Kevin’s forehead.

“Wa, wait. I’ll take care of it. Look I lost my way down here, where was the room with the kid.” Brian whispers, hoping his fear didn’t seep through his sentence.

Jeremiah smirks and rolls his eyes, “Why the hell you wanna go back there? Don’t you know we could get caught in there with Alena?”

“Alena?” Brian mutters confused as Kevin stares at his cousin darkly.

“Whatever look it’s back down the hallway, turn left, but we don’t have time for this.” Jeremiah growls, his dark eyes scanning over Kevin. “Canon why do you even bother? It’s too late to save the kid. Amerian here took care of it.”

Kevin gulps and shakes his head, “Cause I want to see it for myself. I can’t just let you two run off free without doing some time.”

“Too late for that, me and Am here left no evidence of our murder on the boy. So stop wasting our time and your and go back like the pansy self you are to the police department. We don’t need you here.” Jeremiah growls leaning near Kevin as a grin splattered his face. Suddenly the hallway was filled with bullets as Jeremiah stands there confused and surprised.

Canon turns a corner and faces the two guys, his pistol facing Jeremiah’s direction. “Actually, its not too late yet. I saw your buddy and he didn’t kill the boy yet. So under the police orders, I have the right to destroy your weak a…”

“Ahhh, I don’t think this is a good idea.” Brian interrupts, shaking lightly as the sight of the pistol drawn to kill.

Canon narrows his eyes and smirks, “Brian do what I say and head down the hall, both of you. I killed off the guards down the hallway and now I’m about to get rid of Jeremiah. Remember what I told you, don’t look back, no matter what happens. K?”

Both men nods their head wearily and race down the hallway fearing the results of what will occur between Canon and Jeremiah.

Kevin and Brian turn another corner out of the hallway and jump at the sound of a gun pooping off. Brian gasps loudly and clutches his chest, “Oh god!! He’s dead! Is Canon died?”

“Shhh… Bri, calm down. I, I, don’t know man. Just stay calm. We gotta find A.J. he should be around here somewhere.” Kevin whispers, tugging on Brian’s shoulders.

They walk down a dark hallway, shivering from the horrid thoughts, attempting to turn back around and see for sure if it was Jeremiah or Canon that got shot.

‘Keep going Brian, keep going.’ Brian thought to himself as he feels Kevin nudging him towards the first door to his left.

“Wait, we should check this door out.” Kevin whispers, his hands shaking as he juggles the knob in his hand, he swings it open and sees nothing but large crates aligning the walls of the room, the dark room showed rows of weapons of all kinds.

“Damn, this place is loaded.” Kevin whispers, his eyes scanning the room.

“Let’s go! WE still have more doors to look at, and if Canon is dead, I’m out!” Brian shrieks.

“Shhh, it’ll be ok. Canon can’t be died, even if that guy had his gun with him, Canon is wearing a bullet proof vest. He should be ok.” Kevin whispers, hoping that is would not only calm Brian, but himself.

They continue their journey and hope that Canon was ok and that they can get out of here quickly with A.J. safe with them.
~*~

Amerian smirks and twirls the pistol in his hands, “A.J. I’m sorry we have to end this conversation, just to let you know, it’ll good between me and you. But I have a job to do. So if you can relax, I promise this bullet won’t make a big mess on the walls.”

“Oh hell no! you can’t kill me! I’m too valuable, you think you can just pull this gun and your problems will be over! Think about Brian! You have the courts, police, management, your family! Dear God, your family! Haven’t you thought of the prospect of what will happen to your family, to the guys! Haven’t the thought of the other guys reactions to my death get to you. Can you sleep with what you will do?!” A.J. yells, his eyes bulging in fear as he tries to get out the chair, but the ropes around him forbid it.

Amerian laughs, “Dude, whatever. Say bye now.” And with that Amerian shoots the pistol. A.J. in his panic, leans onto his side, having the chair crash onto the floor. He could hear the bullet wiz by his ear as he gasps.

“Don’t play with me with boy!” Amerian growls as he inches closer. Suddenly the door swings open and Alena enters, her blonde locks frazzled.

“Well, well, well. Looks who’s here trying to mess with my plans. If isn’t my boy Amerian.” Alena mutters with disinterest.

A.J. winces in pain and stares at two, “Amerian?” A.J. mutters out.

“Oh yeah, guess you weren’t introduced to him, I should you a picture of him before.” Alena states, leaning down to see A.J. on his arm, wincing in pain. “Looks like I came just in time. What were you trying to do to my prisoner Amerian?”

Amerian snorts and lifts the pistol towards Alena’s direction, “You little wench, you didn’t think you could get away with this without me right? Well guess what, I won’t let you get the satisfaction of disposing him. I got him in the hospital! Not you! If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t have caught him at all and you’d be screwed.”

Alena’s big green blue orbs shot open as she growls and pulls out her small silver pistol, “How dare you Brian?!”

A.J. lies on his side, confusion ringing thorough his mind, “This can’t be Brian, he wouldn’t do this to me.”

Alena laughs, “Then you don’t know you’re friend, Why don’t you sing to him Brian and show him what you can do.”

“Why should I help you?” Amerian growls staring at Alena.

“Just sing damn you!” Alena yells, her pale snowy complexion pointing her gun at him.

Amerian snorts and pulls the trigger on gun. Nothing came out.

Laughing Alena blurts out, “Oh what’s wrong Amie. All out of bullets? Maybe I have some. Let’s see.” And she pulls the trigger at him.

Amerian dodges the few bullets and stands up a few feet away from her laughing. “You should learn to aim before shooting.”

Alena joins in the laughing as the distraught A.J. watches on, his heart pounding, his fear freezing him on the floor.

Amerian takes a deep breath and smirks, passing his hand over his chest. He pulls his hand away in shock as his own blood smeared on it. “What the..”

“Oh what’s wrong Amie, did I hit ya?” Alena gloats, her eyes shining in excitement.

Amerian gasps and spits out a mouthful of blood, “No way. You couldn’t have! Those bullets never touched me, I’m wearing a bullet proof vest, you wench!”

Alena laughs, “Really that’s funny, I saw that same vest before I handed it to you a while back when we started this whole plan. And from what I knows, it was never there to protect you.”

“WHAT?!” Amerian shouts, the pain zooming down his chest as the blood leaks out the open wounds.

“Oh yeah, guess I forgot to give you one that fully protected you. Oops.” She smiles, giggling at the realization for Amerian.

“You little bi…” Amerian whispers but cuts off his sentence as he collapses on the floor dead.

“There, now I can get rid of the rest of trash in this room.” Alena mutters, walking towards A.J.

A.J. watching the whole event, lies in utter shock, wasn’t that Brian died on the floor? Wasn’t that his friend’s blood seeping onto the wooden planks in front of him? So why wasn’t he feeling all confused, if Alena didn’t kill Brian, then Brian surly would have killed him, yet something wasn’t right with this picture. Alena disturbs A.J.’s thoughts as she stands in front of him, her bloodied sandals soak in the ever flowing blood that stains the floor. A.J. gasps and Alena kneels down and points the pistol at A.J.

Smiling, she leans near him and softly kisses his quivering lips, petting him, she whispers in his ear, “There, there. We’re almost done. You’ll like being dead. You can’t hurt me anymore. Relax, everything will be ok in a few. You’ll see.” And she stares at him, caressing A.J’s dark hair with her pale slender fingers.
~*~

“I found nothing down the west wing. What about you Franklin?” Sean asks, standing in front of the metal stairwell waiting for Canon and the other two men to appear.

“Same thing. Wonder where Canon is at? I’m thinking A.J. is being kept upstairs somewhere. They must have found him by now.” Franklin states, ruffling his fingers through his hair.

Nick and Howie whisper quietly to each other as they keep their eyes focus on the balcony above them, hoping Kevin and Brian are well.

“This is a bad idea Sean. Taking the guys with us? Why would Canon think that’s reasonable?” Franklin whispers.

Sean smiles and gazes at the two Boys whispering to each other, “Cause either way, these guys would have made their way over here on their own, unprotected. At least now they’re with us and we can watch them.”

Nick and Howie sigh and notice a small drop of liquid splash down on the dirty floor before them. The metallic smell grows stronger as more mall drops from the ceiling splash down on the floor.

“G, guys, is that blood?” Nick cringes, his eyes filled with worry.

Sean narrows his eyes and kneels down, swiping his finger across a drop of the liquid on the floor. Smelling it, he nods and stands up, “Yeah.”

Nick drops his mouth, “Oh man what if they…”

“Stop!” Howie cuts in, “Don’t say that Nick! They’ll be ok. We are, so shouldn’t them?”

Nick nods his head and leans back against the cement wall.

Franklin fingers the walkie talkie and lifts it up, “C12, pick up. We’re waiting for ya. Hurry up. It’s getting too dangerous, the soldiers are filing in and I think Amerian is around here looking for A.J. if he hasn’t all ready.”

The walkie talkie blares out the static voice of Franklin as a bloodied hand grasps the instrument. “F23, its me. Ahh, damn, I got shot. Listen, I’m ok, but no A.J. yet. There’s no other door around here, where the hell could they keep the boy at?” Canon’s voice speaks through, bringing relief to the waiting party.

“Thank God, you’re fine; I heard some bullets ricocheting upstairs somewhere and thought you might have been involved.” Franklin whispers.

“Yeah, I shot two guards and one of the partners that Amerian was working with.” Canon’s voice quivers as he is embedded with pain on his shoulder and arm.

“Good, nothing up there?” Franklin asks curiously.

“Nope, checked all the rooms. I have no idea where A.J. could be at.” Canon whispers.

“Man, you think there’s a hidden room somewhere, Sean and I heard some noise and yelling and I know it wasn’t you, cause it sounded a lot like Amerian, maybe he got caught by the someone.” Franklin whispers in the walkie talkie as Nick, Howie and Sean watch him intensely.

“I thought of that, but I have no clue as to where to search, plus Emmanuel ran into some problems, he told me he’s heading back here, cause the road was dead end.” Canon whispers as he, Brian and Kevin search the same room again feeling along the walls for any secret passages.

Brian passes his hands across a dusty shelf and suddenly the shelf makes a clicking sound and begins to turn into the wall as the piece of wall entirely turns to the side allowing a doorway down the vacant hallway.

Kevin smiles and pats Brian on the shoulder as Canon smirks, “Guys.” He whispers in to the walkie talkie, “I think we found it, thanks to Brian over here.”

He could hear relief on the other line of the walkie talkie as Sean and Nick and Howie cheer and clap.

“I’ll be down there shortly, talk to ya later Franklin.” Canon whispers, shutting off the walkie talkie and making his way first into the desolate dark hallway.

“Brian, Kevin be quiet. Stay here. I’m gonna go in the room. Don’t go no where ok?” Canon whispers as he inches towards the doorway.

Brian and Kevin watch in anxiety as Canon leans his ear into the doorway. If only he could hear what’s happening inside.
~*~

Alena sighs and pulls the pistol towards A.J’s quivering forehead, “Shh, it’s ok to be scared to die. You’re young but at least you die looking good.” Alena murmurs into his ears.

A.J. cries out softly as he sees the corpse of Amerian, Brian, or whoever that man was, moving a bit.

“Close your eyes A.J. I don’t want you to see how you die.” Alena whispers, running her fingers over his eyelids, closing them.

A.J. gulps as tears stain his face, he couldn’t stop the idea that he was about to die, he prayed, hoping that some form of fate would interrupt this fateful moment.

Suddenly a loud groan was heard as Amerian stands up quietly behind Alena. Alena too busy with her pistol didn’t turn around in time to see Amerian smiling as he pulls out a pistol from his vest and shoots at Alena. She stares at A.J. with a strange expression on her face, before her eyes rolled up to her head and collapses dead on top of A.J’s face. She was shot in the back of her neck and she never said a word. Her body covered A.J.’s nostrils as he struggles to move his chained body away from the fallen corpse. He was suffocating with the woman’s mass on his face as well as the thick blood that seeps down her chest.

A.J. lies there still fearing Amerian will finish up the job he had intended on doing before being interrupted by Alena.

A.J. lies there as he hears a door kicked open and a loud voice shouting, “Come up with your hands up. It’s too Amerian, you can’t kill him. It’s over! You hear it’s over.”

Then A.J. hears two guns shots as someone shuffles over the other side of the room and then all A.J. hears is a window crashing as who ever, leaps out the window to either his or her death or exit.

A.J. starts choking on the thick blood that was seeping out of Alena’s body. He never thought this was how he was gonna die. He feels the tears trace down his face as he struggles for air.

He says a quiet prayer and suddenly Alena’s corpse is lifted off of him as he stares at a blood streaked Kevin.

A.J. smiles and chokes out, “Thank you.” As he hears the loud siren’s of the police and ambulance arriving at the scene.

Kevin smiles and embraces A.J. in his arms as Brian enters the room.

A.J. cringes at the sight of Brian and immediately pulls away from Kevin, reaching for Alena’s pistol. Raising the pistol at Brian’s direction, he yells out, “NO! NO, You won’t kill me! You hear me! I won’t let you touch me! Brian, Amerian, whoever the hell you’re suppose to be?!” A.J. shrieks out, his whole body shaking in pure horror.

Kevin smiles and gently places A.J.’s arm down.

Brian walks slowly to A.J, his azure eyes filled with worry and tears, “A.J. oh God, you’re ok!! I know you’re confused! We have a lot to explain, but we have to get out of here ok.”

A.J. shakes his head, “You’re gonna kill me! I won’t let you!” A.J.’s ragged breathing races.

Kevin hugs the frightened A.J. and forcefully takes away the pistol from him. “It’s over A.J., it’s over. Amerian won’t hurt you anymore nor will that girl will either. You’re ok, you’re safe. Brian would never hurt you. It was an undercover man who impersonated Brian to get to you. Along with him the woman, who is dead now, Alena was all part of a plan to hurt and get to you. But we found you and you’ll never leave us again ok?” Kevin whispers, stroking A.J.’s hair.

A.J. quivers and cries out as the tears streak his face, “Oh God, Guys, this was hell for me! I can’t tell if its Brian, I thought you hate me?” He asks to Brian.

Brian rapidly shakes his head, “No! Why would you think that? I would die than to see you get hurt. A.J. the day I found you in your room, I thought it was all over for all of us. I thought I wasn’t going to hear your laughter, your jokes-though their bad.” He pauses as A.J. and Kevin chuckle softly and Brian continues, “I thought you despised me, when you said I was the one there to hurt you. You know me, I would never hurt you! I love you man and these pass days have been hell for all of us. We didn’t know if you were ok. The day of the hospital when we went to visit you, we were all ecstatic to see you. But then your kidnapping and the mafia like people coming for us and you, we didn’t understand what was going on. Then…”

“Then I made the mistake and had the honor of hiring a lunatic and heroes all in one day.” Kevin cuts in, telling A.J. about the undercover men.

Brian smiles and calls in Canon to the room, A.J. watches a man that eerily looked identical to Kevin.

“Because of him, we were able to be here and get you. And just in time too.” Brian whispers as Canon smiles gently at the trembling figure of A.J.

“We should get you into a hospital, you’re been through too much.” Canon states.

A.J. sucks in a deep breath, “Need I remind you, that this is all how is all started.”

Kevin nods his head, “Yeah, he’s right. A.J. will be ok with us. Well call a doctor when we get back to the hotel and check him out. The whole hospital thing doesn’t seem like the best option right now.”

Canon chuckles, “Yeah, you’re right. Well A.J. , seems you’re the star today, everyone wants to know about you. Especially the guys, they’re all waiting for you downstairs.” And with Kevin’s help lift A.J. back on his feet.

A.J. cringes in pain as Brian and Kevin lead the way out the door with Canon in the front.

A.J. takes the last step down the metal stairs as he was embraced by hugs from the Nick and Howie.

“Oh God!! You’re ok!! Thank God, oh man we were worried sick about J!” Howie yells out, his arms wrap tightly over A.J.’s weary body.

“Guys, I thought I was gonna die, if it wasn’t for that Kevin lookie like, my behind would have choked on the wenches blood.” A.J. murmurs, the shock wearing thin on him.

A man that looks eerily like Nick stands before him and pats A.J’s shoulder, A.J. watches curiously as the body double tucks in a pistol and pulls out a knife to cut the ropes off A.J’s wrists and ankles.

“There you go boy, much better.” Sean smiles as A.J. glances at Nick to Sean and back to Nick.

“What the…” A.J. drones off, as he watches confused.

Sean sticks his right out and smiles, “Hey you must be A.J. Hi, I’m Sean, Nick’s double. I’m glad to see that Canon got to you in time, before anything else could have happened.”

“Wait, what happened with that Amerian or whatever the hell his name is?” A.J. asks, glancing at Canon.

Canon sucks his teeth and stares at the dusty floor, “I was shooting at him and he ran out of bullets. He thought he could jump out the window, but must have forgotten there are iron spikes surrounding that side of the building.”

At this, all went “Ohhhh” as the image of the man’s body striking an iron spike fill their heads.

“Not a pretty picture man, not a good one at all.” A.J states as he stares into his own face. Jumping back, he leans near the man that had his face. “Whoa, how, what?” He gasps out, staring at Emmanuel. “Whoa dude, you look just like me!”

Emmanuel smirks, “Yeah, I notice it doesn’t take a genius to see that.”

At that remark everyone laughs as A.J. nods his head, “I can’t believe it, I just played myself, how is that possible? This is wrong in so many levels man.”

Emmanuel laughs and throws his arms around A.J, in a raspy voice, he pulls out a pair of tinted shades and puts it on A.J. and himself.

The others laugh as police officers and paramedics wonder the building.

“Take a deep breath man, this is freedom man.” Emmanuel rasps out, as A.J. laughs.

“Time to take you home Alex.” Franklin, Howie’s double states leaving A.J. more confused about his friend’s identity.

“Yo, Kevin this is way too freaky for my taste man.” A.J. states as he slides in the back seat of the SUV.

Brian laughs, “Dude you have no idea.” And they all board the black escalade and drive off, away from the horror and away from the death scene that will haunt A.J.’s mind for a while.
~*~

“I have to apologize for everything.” Brian whispers, sitting besides A.J. on the park bench as they both stare at the calm pond, where a few ducks waddle around in, happily quaking.

A.J. smiles a bit as he nibbles on his lower lip, “Brian, I should be the one to apologize to you. All this time I was holding in anger, ready to kill you if I had the chance…”

“No, A.J. it’s my fault. I should have done something, anything to work on relationship, but after that argument the other day, I was real upset with you. And when you were attacked that night, I felt so horrible acting like so ignorant. I was only worried about my stupid thoughts and never once didn’t think how much I could have hurt you. And I know…”

“B, it’s alright. Really, I forgive you. We’re buddies man, no need for the sad emotional explanation, I cried enough and if word gets out that I was acting like pansy instead of being hero when I kidnapped, I know it was you, telling.” A.J. smirks as Brian chuckles.

“J, that’s foul, I wouldn’t do that to you.” Brian states, a twinkle in his eyes.

“But who said I wouldn’t do anything.” Nick’s voice appears, as he slumps into the bench besides A.J.

A.J. rolls his eyes and throws his arms around both guys, “Ma I missed ya weirdness. You had no idea what I had to endure. All cause I wasn’t nice to a fan. I’m telling you, I’m a different man, yes sire. I’m gonna be the sweet one, hell I’ll kiss every freaking fan I see just so this won’t happen to me.”

Howie laughs as he slumps into the bench across A.J., “Yeah, but remember the chick was a nutcase. She was staying at the mental institution and her boyfriend checked her out.”

“I found out she was drawn to our music.” Kevin mumbles as he slumps on the bench across from A.J.’s

“Dude, music is no joke. We really reach to all types of people.” Nick smirks, shaking his head.

A.J. laughs heartily; finally able to have a good laugh after all the trauma he endured. It’s been over a week since the incident and things were looking well for the Boys. A.J. loved the fact that the body doubles had a good sense of humor about portraying them. The guards had since left but promised to make visits and check on all of them. As for A.J. he was just glad to be alive.

“Guys thanks for keeping faith about me. I was giving up, but you guys came through and got me out of there before it was too late.” A.J. whispers, smiling as he squeezes Brian and Nick’s shoulder.

“A.J. we would never give up! You’re like our brother, we’ve been through too much to just stop thinking that we wouldn’t see you again.” Howie whispers.

“Thanks guys, I love ya.” A.J. smiles as the others nods.

“Dido J.” The guys say as they watch the evening sun settle on the horizon.

Nick laughs, “Kev, look, that pigeon we saw before. It found its family just like us.”

A.J. snorts, “Dude you guys had too much time on hands to watch the birds man.”

And they all laugh as they joke around and see the sun glowing its soft golden glow on the happy reunited family.
~**~

**~THE END~**