- Text Size +
A/N: Hehe, wow. It just seems more people are caught on to this story, I’m very happy that you all are enjoying this story. You all know the deal, try to drop a review or e-mail me. Till later, I’m out my peeps!

“A Broken Soul”
**~Chapter Four~**

Clink, clink : the metal spoon sounds as it hits the inside of the coffee cup as Kevin holds the cup to drink the warm liquid. Sighing, I gaze at the wall clock ticking away slowly in the hospital waiting room. The white sterile room seem to hold some form of secret, it’s almost blinding color hiding its purpose. It’s been over four days and we all decided with the doctor’s permission to visit A.J. for the first time. It was wonderful to know that my friend was well, though a bit injured on the side of his abdomen, A.J. was doing very well. I smile and stare around the room: its hard plastic seats are occupied by three other bodies- Howie, Kevin and Nick. I lean back on the uncomfortable seat and drum my fingers nervously on my knee.

“Brian, I thought I should go out and get something for A.J. to eat, you know he loves his big macs.” Nick says smiling, his azure eyes brightly glittering in the harsh white lights of the ceiling.

I smirk and nod my head, “There’s a McDonald’s downstairs near the cafeteria.”

Nick nods his head, “Aight, I’ll be back in a sec.” And he jumps out of his seat rushing out the room.

Kevin yawns and stares at me, “Brian, you ok?” He whispers, his eyes clouded with worry.

I nod my head and tell him, “Doing good. You?”

Kevin nibbles his lower lip, “Not sure. I mean I’m so happy with A.J’s condition. But as for who went after him, is still on my mind. I feel like I let him down.”

Howie consoles Kevin while I turn my head to look out the window. The cloudy humid day outside revealed what I was feeling. The confusion, like the clouds outside lie in a mist in my chest, its hazy thick air almost suffocating, choking my emotions. I recalled the day. I was one of the last ones to come down the hallway after I heard Kevin screaming. I remembered walking blindly down the sudden dark hallway to get to A.J’s suite. I see Kevin and Howie joining him as they try kicking down A.J’s door. I felt the fear inch its way up to me, I could hear A.J. screaming, out of pain. A.J. yelled something about ‘Please don’t hurt me!” I wish I could see who it was that would torment my friend like that and break his neck. The anger that had fuse within me started to grow, when I saw the hidden figure of the tormenter toppling onto Kevin as they both crash down the pitch black hallway. I wanted to make that person pay for what they did to A.J. I mean sure me and A.J. argue and fight a lot at times, but don’t all families get like that after you see them constantly, everyday for the past months? Out of fear, I had dig into my pockets to miraculously find my cell. I called the ambulance hoping that I wasn’t too late. All I hear were the voices of Kevin shouting as he tries to follow the one that was responsible for all this mess.

I had stood outside in the threshold of A.J’s suite, waiting for the paramedics to arrive. Nick was standing next to me as he cries out about someone was trying to murder A.J. Nick was the most effected by this whole traumatic experience. Our security guards came after words in confusion as they along with the police thoroughly searching the hallways of the hotel in search for the suppose killer.

I sigh nervously when I saw A.J. being wheeled away in the stretcher: his blood stained the white starch sheet that was placed over him. I see the look of a hurt friend who’s trust needed to be gained back. I gulp as he stares at each of us in the room as he was whispering what I believe was, “It was him, it was him!”

I jump startled when Kevin snapped his fingers in front of me, “Brian, they called us in. We can see him now.” He whispers, his emerald eyes lit up in happiness.

Howie pats Kevin’s back as he gulps and rushes down the hallway behind the doctor.

Suddenly the red emergency alarm goes off as the hospital attendants run out the offices screaming to clear the hospital out. I cover my ears as the blaring alarm crashes into my sensitive ears. Howie crashed into the doctor as a nurse yells that everyone must leave the facilities. It seemed there was a threat to the institution, a possible killer is found lurking around the hospital, killing lives. My heart jumps into my throat as I wanted to make my way to A.J’s room. The doctor that was taking us there, turns around and yells to get out. Our safety is in threat, it was possible that maybe the mafia has entered the hospital and are taking captives. I hear shots ricocheting down the hallway as a bullet slams into a nearby doorway.

Howie cries out, “We gotta get A.J. out! He’s in danger!” He screams out to the doctor.

The doctor shakes his head, “Who ever is shooting isn’t after the patients! It’s after the visitors! In fact, it seemed the moment you came in, you brought in who ever is here. I think they’re after you guys!”

Nick appears into the hallway and stops in shock as the bullets pounded around him. He drops the small McDonald’s bag on the white tiled floor as he walks in the conversation. He looks around wildly as the attendants run around trying to get to the patients rooms.

“Nick move! We can’t be here! Someone’s shooting!” Kevin shouts, slamming Nick to the floor as a bullet whizzes by them.

Howie screams out as he ducks down. I crouch next to him, my heart crashing into my chest as my breathing gets ragged. Kevin motions for us to follow him out the exit door that a young nurse was holding for us.

We all run to the exit, as bullets skim pass us. Nick looks back and crashes into me, causing me to slam into Howie who in turn pushes Kevin down the stairwell. In a chaotic panic, we tumble and run down the stairs as we hear the slamming of the bullets on the upper floor. In a matter of minutes, we all stood outside the prestigious St. Ann’s hospital praying that somehow the psychos were caught. We stand staring at the hospital building, its wide white bricked building ; gave it an almost homely feel, a different vibe then what was occurring within the premises. Howie watches all this is dismay, the shock wearing thin on him.

“D, I think the doctor’s right on this one. Who ever is doing that is after us, not the patients.” I whisper towards him, patting him on his shoulder.

Howie looks at me, his cinnamon complexion paling in fear, “You forgot A.J. is one of us! He’s still up there! Up there with the psychos! They’ll get him if they wanted too!” He shouts at me, his fists balled up to the side.

Kevin pulls Howie away from me as he tries to calm down the man. Nick gulps and looks at me whispering, “They wouldn’t hurt A.J. right? I mean if whoever is after us, wouldn’t they what all of us, not just him right?”

I shake my head, “I, I don’t know. Maybe it’s the money or something. I just wanna see if A.J. is ok! I haven’t seen him for while and it’s bugging me that I can’t even see how my friend is.” I whisper my voice lowering as the tears blur my vision.

I feel Kevin’s hand on my shoulder as he pulls me away from the hospital pathway, “Brian, we’ll see what can be. Just be strong, don’t think about the negative things. I don’t want you more scared than you are, ok?”

I nod my head and walk away from the hospital, staring at the silent institution, its quiet serene surroundings fooling those that pass by it.
~*~

She steps into the room, a smile spreading across her rosy cheeks. “You guys. I think we found him.” Alena smirks, her bluish green eyes capturing the man in front of her. He was quite the catch: his light tan caramel complexion shines in the light as his dark brown eyes peers in fright at her. His arms are works of art indeed, which were covered with tattoos. She giggles and passes her fingers through her blond tresses that tumble around her snowy face. Pointing the silver pistol in A.J’s direction, she gives the signal to two of her armed men to grab him.

The two burly men each grab an arm as A.J. tries screaming and thrashing about, screaming out profanities and pleas. Alena places her pointer finger over his quivering sweet lips. “Shhh. We have plans for you my boy. Amerian thinks he can play around. But I have the mouse, now let’s that cat come after you.” A.J. still screaming and fighting off the soldiers: stops immediately when he feels the cold pistol head touch his forehead. “I’ll shoot if you keep it up. I don’t have time for this. Now cooperate or you’ll die. How funny if seems you’re ‘drowning’ in this little game we call life.” Alena states: giggling at her own joke. She leads the two men out the room as they drag a wounded A.J. with them.
~**~

~**TO BE CONTINUED…**~