- Text Size +
A/N: THANKS for the new reviews Rose and Ana!!! You guys make me smile, hehe. You guys are great! Here is the new chapter Ready, then good reading! Bye for now!

“A Broken Soul”
**~Chapter 5~**

I open my eyes and stare around the back of a van I’m in. The pounding headache woke me up to see that somehow I was drugged to unconsciousness. Its musty smell and cracked splintered windows, started to affect my stomach. I feel myself get queasy and the decaying smell of paint in the van is making me gag. I try moving my hands, but noted that a thick rope was wrapped around my wrists behind me. My body feels weak and exhausted, my legs burned with pain as the thick ropes tied around my ankles press against my skin. Somehow I was dressed in my clothes though when I was kidnapped I was in a hospital gown. My loose denim jeans hung down and I have on a white wife beater. The van rumbles and speeds it way down a busy highway as the soft evening sun gleams its ray down the asphalt. My throat is sore from all the screaming, and my eyes feel weary. I wanted to run out and jump out the back of the van even if it risked seriously wounding myself even more: but it would be worth the risk. I look around the front of the van, where one broken seat is besides the driver’s. A burly armed man was whispering something inaudible to a woman’s ear that is leaning over him. The two men that had kidnapped me, the one driving was laughing. The other one, who’s sitting on the floor across from me, smiles at me as he cleans his pistol with a rag. That man smirks and rolls his dark eyes at me before blowing a kiss at me. Disgusted by the whole act, I quickly turn my head over to the front of the van, where the woman leans near the other guard driving.

I let my eyes scroll down her curvy body, I should have looked away but my hormones told me something else. I let my eyes drop to her long slender legs that showed beneath her short denim skirt. ‘She’s a bit pale, but what the hell?’ I think to myself as the woman runs her pale snowy thin fingers through her long blonde locks down her back. I smile, ‘Too bad you want to kill me.’ I mutter to myself.

It seemed she knew she was being watched and turns around to face me. Smiling, her face lit up, “Well you’re up. Nice to see the drugs didn’t wear you out.” She whispers seductively, licking her crimson red painted lips.

I stare at her angrily and frown, “You could have at least asked for my phone number before you take me home with you.” I growl sarcastically, my voice straining to be heard.

She laughs heartily and beams happily, “Oh A.J. Is it ok if I call you that by the way?”

I snarled at her and this gets a good chuckle out of the guard sitting across from me.

The soft giggles from the woman erupted from her soft lips, “You’re quite the funny one today now aren’t you?”

I laugh sarcastically and shrug my bruised shoulders, “Yeah well I try.” I growl, my eyes expressing the rage bubbling within me. I wince as the stinging pain in my stomach reminded me of my injury.

The woman smiles and makes her way slowly to me. She runs her long fingers through my unruly black and brown hair and scrapes her red painted nails down my neck. Her warm breath infiltrates my ear as she whispers all the nasty things she would do to me if she had the chance. I gulp and close my eyes, wishing this all away. I wanted to wake up and not be in a dirty van with a psychotic chick and two maybe possible bi-sexual men, one driving and the other sitting across from me.

I snap open my eyes when my body is filled with an uncomfortable throbbing pain. I gaze down to my ankles to see the woman poking a small knife into my tender flesh. She kneels down on her knees and stares up at me. “A.J. Tell me: what is your fantasy?”

I turn my nose up in the air and blow out a puff of air, “One where you’re not in it and I’m actually enjoying what is being done to me.”

Laughing the woman stands and leans over me, practically shoving her small chest to my face, her blond strands tickling my cheeks.

“Just give me a chance and I’ll have you dreaming about me then.” The woman whispers into my ear.

I hold back a laugh and shake my head, “I don’t that sweetie. You’re not my type.”

She sticks out her lower lip and bats her beautiful sapphire almost emerald like eyes at me, fiddling with the collar of my of my black leather jacket, she pouts. “A.J. let me make it worthwhile that you were taken away from there before Amerian found you.”

I gulp and stare out the tinted window besides me: maybe if I play along I can get info about my sudden kidnapping and her sudden interest in me.

“So, why am I here? Should I be so lucky as to be staring at an angel such as yourself?” I ask smoothly, smiling at the practice I had with women in my past relationships.

She giggles and gently passes her hand down the left side of my cheek, “Well.” She whispers huskily, “It seemed my little plan backfired. See Alex. Don’t you remember me?”

I stare at her confused, “Should I?”

She laughs loudly, patting my cheek roughly. “Come on Alex, think! Look at me! You don’t remember me?!” She whispers loudly as she straddles onto my lap, flinging her legs behind me. Her blond tresses lie loosely, caressing my face.

“I’m sorry, I don’t remember you. I meet too many people and been in too many relationships to recall you.” I say quietly, staring up at her eyes.

She growls angrily and roughly pushes me away from her as she stands up and walks away from me. She turns to look at me and lashes out screaming that I should know who she is.

I gulp and stare at the woman. I don’t know who she is or what she what’s from me, but whatever I did to her: it looks like I’ll be paying for it now.

I watch as she screams at the guard that is sitting across from me on the floor. The man growls and pushes the woman away from her. I hear him yell something about it’s not his fault that I can’t remember who she is. It seemed after that statement the woman yells and reaches for the guard’s pistol in his hand. The unsuspecting guard watches in shock as the woman raises the pistol and pulls the trigger, shooting the man in the forehead. The cracking shot slams into the man as he stands there in alarm. The blood sprays on her and stains the walls. The other guard- the driver- screams out and stops the van, yelling something in a foreign language as he grabs the woman in his arms. I watch the event unfold before me in pure horror, my heart for that one minute stopped beating as I see a trail of the crimson blood spurt out of the tiny indented hole that punctured the man’s forehead. I stare in complete distress as the muscular man, collapses on the van floor dead on the spot. His dark eyes rolled up to his head as his ashen pale skin is tainted in red.

I stare up at the enraged woman as she continues yelling at the corpse before her. She drops to her knees and cries out how she wished Amerian had been here. She sobs quietly and peers at me from between her hands. Turning her head, she sniffs and stands up, walking over to me. She slumps beside me, joining me on the hard uncomfortable floor. She stares at me with her wet eyes and smiles, “Sorry about that. You didn’t need to see that. But I promise when we get to where we are going it’ll be well worth it.” And she leans over to me and gently kisses my lips. I watch the woman in dismay as I see her pretty face smile as she closes her eyes for a nap.

The other guard grunts and kicks the dead one corpse on his side. I watch as the trail of sticky blood streaks the van floor and close my eyes hoping to wake up from this nightmare. ‘What are they gonna do to me?’ I think as the other guard gets back in the driver’s seat and pulls away from the roadside. I cross my fingers and hope to God that I can live to see another day.
~*~

Kevin paces the room worriedly as he gazes at his three band mates. “Ok, look I just got word that A.J. is missing from the hospital. He was kidnapped by the ones that were shooting.”

Nick looks up from his seat in distress, his ocean eyes pleading for a real answer, “So we’re in danger, aren’t we? I mean A.J. is taken and the police mentioned that we should get more guards to watch over us.”

“We’re in this deeper than we thought.” Brian whispers, his gaze lost in his own little world. The harsh yellow lights in the police station gleam down on them as they sit in the waiting area waiting to get called.

Howie closes his eyes as he feels a prick of tears poking at the corners of his eyes. He was hurting for the loss of his friend. No one knows where A.J. is, how his condition is and even if he by God’s grace is still living at the moment in the hands of the kidnappers.

“Why A.J.? I don’t get it.” Kevin whispers: stopping mid-walk and slumps into the soft cushioned chair.

Howie rubs his hands together nervously, they as a group haven’t gotten any sleep or rest for hours as the on going investigation for possible suspects and kidnappers linger in their minds.

The quiet waiting room is interrupted when a young Asian cop, his jet black hair covered his head as a beige police cap covered his head. He eyes the men and waits for their attention.

Brian looks up and nods his head, as Kevin, Nick and Howie gaze at the officer.

Clearing his throat, the cop begins what is found and the possible threats, “See, it’s the strangest thing really. We took fingerprints from the doorway in the hospital when the attacker was running around and it matches one of your prints.”

Gasps were heard all over the room, “No, no see that’s impossible! We were all together the whole time.” Nick yells out, his hands shaking in fear. Brian pulls the young man in an embrace as Nick shivers.

Kevin nods his head, his emerald eyes staring at Nick, “He’s right officer. We were together the whole time.”

Then Howie spoke, whispering in a low tone, “Actually, Nick left to get food for A.J. So we weren’t together the entire time.”

Kevin narrows his eyes, “What do mean by that?! I can’t believe you! You’re blaming Nick for this fiasco. What about the trust? You think Nick could have something to do with this!”

Howie hangs his head, “I never said that. I just stated the facts.” He whispers, his voice aggravated.

Nick screams out pointing his finger suddenly, “You think it’s me don’t you?! You think I would do something so sick as to hurt one of you!”

Kevin quickly walks in the middle of the two men as Nick stares down at Howie, ready to pounce on him. “You guys!! STOP THIS!! We don’t need this right now!!” He whispers loudly, trying to calm them down. The others quieted down and the soft whispering of Brian is heard.

Brian gulps, “This is messing with our heads, it’s trying to break us apart. We can’t let that happen, can we?”

Howie shakes his head, “No. No, we can’t.” And they listen to the officer who called them into the back of station for further questioning.
~*~

Amerian drives down the street and pulls the BMW up to a local warehouse. He opens the car door and slips out, quickly slamming the car door behind him. He reaches the main entrance to the warehouse and sees his partner leaning on the cement wall of the warehouse.

“There you are Amerian. I thought you would never show up. What took you so long?” The man states, his dark brown eyes staring in curiosity as he passes his thick fingers through his short tangle black hair.

Amerian smiles, “Sorry Jeremiah about the waiting. It seems Alena took the plan to the extreme. She kidnapped one of the band members.”

Jeremiah smirks, his caramel complexion glittering in the evening sunlight. He stands at a height of six feet and two inches and he straightens his back, cracking it a bit before speaking. “I think I know where she might have taken the guy. So should I call you by your name when we see the guy or play with his head.”

Amerian laughs, “You know what, let’s mess with him. I think the name Brian will work just fine.” And both guys burst in laughter as they head back over to the vehicle to put the plan in action.
~**~


~**TO BE CONTINUED…**~