- Text Size +
A/N: Thanks Summer for giving this story a chance! Thanks to the other readers who are reading this story, you all know the deal, drop a review or e-mail it to me k. Take care and enjoy! *grins* (By the way, if interested there’s a story on the action area of this site called “Contributions of Dilemma” it’s a spicy action story so if you’re interested, I’m writing it along with my co-writer Ana.

“A Broken Soul”
**~Chapter 6~**

He drums his fingers on the steering wheel as he waits for the red stop light to change. Grumbling he lowers the car window and spits over the sides of the car, taking out the bitter taste left in his mouth from Alena’s pride. It seems yesterday he received a call from Alena stating that she captured a member of the group and that Amerian’s plan is defected. Amerian grumbles and recalls the taunting voice of Alena giggling erotically into his ear on the phone. He curls his fist tightly and rams it on the steering wheel angrily. He lets out a low vulgarity burning on his lips as his dark azure eyes scan the busy streets ahead of him. He hears Jeremiah sitting besides him whispering and laughing at the mention of something amusing on the car radio. Amerian growls and quickly turns off the radio, annoyed to hear laughter from someone besides himself.

“Hey yo, Amerian. What’s your problem man? I was listening to that!” Jeremiah mutters angrily, eyeing him from the corner of his dark eyes.

Amerian flips his middle finger up at the man before pushing his foot on the pedal to move the car.

Jeremiah grumbles and lets out a sigh, “So, you know where it is right?”

Amerian glares at his partner and nods his head, “Yeah, its about a good two days away. She got the lead on this. But if she thinks she’s getting away with it, she’s messing with the wrong guy.” Suddenly Amerian does a sharp turn into a back of a vacant driveway behind a closed down mall and swings open the car door. Stepping out, he takes a deep breathe and pats his chest.

Jeremiah gazes at him strangely from within the vehicle and steps out to join his partner, “Why did we stop here?”

Amerian smirks and pats Jeremiah’s caramel left cheek roughly, “Came to pick up something. Figured we’ll need it.” And he walks towards the closed doors where the mall doors were gated locked.

“Yo, Am. Drop this. We could get spotted by someone!” Jeremiah whispers loudly, his teeth clenched tightly. He watches Amerian reach the barred up doors and stare as Amerian picks the locks and kicks open the dusty mall doors. Jeremiah stares around the roadside, the streets cleared up now as a few cars are spotted speeding down the road and disappearing beneath the highway.

Amerian turns to face his partner and tilts his head towards inside the vacant mall. Jeremiah licks his lips nervously and walks slowly towards his friend. “I don’t know about this Amerian. We’re risking our necks for this stupid bet with the chick!” He growls, his dark blacks curls blowing in the breeze.

Amerian smiles and walks into the mall like warehouse where large wooden boxes full of arsenal lie scattered about. “Ah, look, treasure galore. Pick your gun. We’ll need it when Alena and her little buddies face us.”

Jeremiah shakes his head as his dark eyes scan through piles of pistols and rifles of all type. “Man this is an army’s dream come true.” He whispers shuffling through broken boxes full of loaded weapons. He pulls out a semi-automatic and smiles. “I think I found mine’s” He whispers to Amerian.

Amerian smiles and winks to his friend, “Good choice! Jay. Now then, where is my baby?” He asks, his sapphire eyes gazing through two boxes until his eyes lit up on a large wooden box ripped open, its contents lying and poking out the corners of it. The box itself was hidden in the shadows.

Jeremiah laughs as Amerian races over and picks up a small silencer: kissing it on the side as the silver color sparkled in the incoming sunlight. “Am, you ready? Let’s go.”

Amerian smirks, “Ready as I’ll ever be. Now let’s get to the fun now, shall we?”

“Sure will! Where to Am?” Jeremiah asks as both men exit the warehouse and lock it up.

Amerian smiles, “To the Towers Hotel.”

Jeremiah raises his eyebrows in confusion as both men board the black BMW. Amerian buckles the pistol onto the side of his belt and answers what Jeremiah must be thinking. “We’re heading over to the Towers Hotel cause that’s where the other members of the group are staying at the moment.”

Jeremiah smiles, “Ah, I see. Once they see ‘you’ then they’ll think everything is ok.”

“That and I promised Alena that if she thought that I wasn’t gonna get to the others guys and not hurt them that she’s wrong. This is too easy. The guys will listen to me and once I have the four members, Alena will own me over 2.5 mill. And let me tell you, my pockets are pretty empty now. So that amount should fit snug right here.” He states, patting his black jean pocket.

Jeremiah laughs as they pull away from the driveway and disappear down the road towards their destination.
~*~

Howie listens to the radio discussing some entertainment news and his ears perked up at the mention of his group. He leans closer to the small hotel radio and turns up the volume:

-‘Hey did you hear the story with the Backstreet Boys? Will it seems a member has been caught and suspects speculate it’s a fan obsessed with one of the members and took him as a hostage. It’s quite funny really, I’m sure the guy is doing fine! Hell, I bet he’s happy cause I heard the kidnapper is some hot woman. But police investigation is ongoing on finding out who would want the guy. I would have taken the money and brought the guy back, but that’s just me. So the search is on. No one can identify the woman kidnapper and the police are baffled at this whole thing. But I’m thinking this is a set up, I mean the guys want attention so I bet they did this for people to notice them. But hey that’s just my opinion, don’t you fans be calling up and get mad with us, ok? This is Craig H. giving you the hottest gossip around every hour on the hour.’

Howie shuts off the radio and in anger rips the cord off the wall socket, slamming the radio on the carpeted floor. “People think it’s a joke. What was I expecting from the news, happy stuff?” He asks aggravated. Sounding defeated, he crashes on the beautifully covered king size bed. His back is comforted by the soft mattress beneath, as his eyes scan the beige paint on the ceiling above him. His thoughts wonder over to back when they were at the police station yesterday. The cops suspecting that the fingerprints found matched Brian’s identical. He recalled when the news hit, Brian broke down in sobs screaming he would never think of doing or hurting anyone in anyway. The news hit hard for Brian, he felt consumed with guilt and hid away, fearing the other guys would hate him from the accusations. Surprising, the guys stood by their friend believing that Brian would never possibly think of something that full of hatred. Sure Brian like any human being would get angry, but he never let his anger get the best of him. Howie knows fully well that Brian handles his anger the best out of any in the group. In fact if Brian was ever angry at anyone, he would be the first to confess and apologize even if he wasn’t at fault. He detested it when someone was upset with him and would put their interest first before his. So there is no way Brian could be the one at blame. Someone was going around framing his friend and Howie intended to find out who this person was even if he would get hurt along the way.

The soft knocking on the hotel door distracts Howie from his thoughts. Getting up from the bed, he opens the door to see a depressed Brian, his eyes red and swollen from the constant angry pleas and crying. “Can, can I come in?” Brian manages a throaty whisper, cringing when Howie stared at him for a minute.

Howie felt compassionate against his hurting friend and gently pulls Brian into the suite. “You don’t have to ask. You’re like family to me. You know that.” Howie states softly, watching Brian wipe his hand over his sandy blonde hair. “Here, grab a seat. We can talk. Want something to drink? You hungry?” Howie ask, hoping to avail to his friend’s needs.

“You don’t have to be nice to me Howie, you know.” Brian whispers, sniffing softly as fresh tears touched the edge of his cloudy ocean blue eyes. Those oceans of Brian’s eyes crash and rise in storms of agony as Brian sits down in a leather chair staring at the large glass window in the room.

Howie sighs and kneels down beside his friend, “I’m not trying to be nice. I’m trying to be your friend. I know it’s hard what you’re going through. But why would you think I wouldn’t be here to support you?” He whispers gently, knowing if he speaks loud, he could alarm the already emotional turmoil man beside him.

“Cause the others don’t wanna talk to me. Only Kevin and even he’s a bit edgy around me.” Brian whispers sadly as a new fresh batch of tears fill up his eyes.

“Oh God, Brian. I’m so sorry for what is happening. They’re just confused, we all are. We don’t know what to believe, but know this. None of us here think you are responsible for what happened with A.J. We believe you’re innocent, you should have nothing to fear.” Howie states, hoping to comfort his broken friend.

Brian shakes his head and pulls out a white envelope from his pocket. With shaky hands, he givess it to Howie and cries out, “Read it!”

Howie gulps and shakes his head, this was too much for Brian to handle. Howie feared his friend could have a heart attack or fall under a stroke with all the pressure and stress that he’s been handling. “Ok, I will. Just calm down buddy. It’s gonna be ok.”

“Just read it already!” Brian screams, the trail of dry tears stain his flushed cheeks.

Howie runs his fingers through his brown hair and takes out a white letter, his eyes open wide as he realize it’s a court date from management prosecuting Brian’s actions against A.J.’s disappearance and damage done on the hospital. “They think you had to do with everything that is happening.” Howie whispers out loud staring at the broken soul of Brian.

“Everyone’s against me. I’m fighting a losing battle Howie!” Brian whispers aggravated, the quiet sobs escaping at times.

“No, not everyone! You have us! You have me!” Howie states, his heart beating rapidly. He was scared for his friend, for Brian’s sanity. “I’m gonna fix this. They can’t send you this! It hasn’t been proven yet!”

“What else do they need?! They found my fingerprints on the wall Howie! They found a boot imprint that matches the ones I wear. Whoever is doing this wants to see me go to jail!” Brian cries out, covering his shuddering body with his arms.

Howie sighs nervously, this whole thing is too much for Brian, he was breaking down. Howie assumes this is what the kidnappers have planned. “Brian, you’re being framed. I just know it. And if no one else is gonna help you, then I’ll personally look for the psycho who is in charge of this. We’ll find A.J.”

Brian takes his hands away from his face and peers at Howie curiously, “You’ll do this on your own?”

“No.” Another voice states, as Nick and Kevin enter the suite. “Not alone. We’re gonna help you buddy.” Nick states, through watering sapphire eyes.

“All of us. I didn’t join a group to do things solo. That’s why we have each other.” Kevin says smiling, his emerald eyes glittering in glee.

Brian smiles and for that one moment, the Brian they had missed with them was back. “Please, fix this. I don’t know how long I can handle the fact that everyone else thinks I’m the psycho Backstreet Boy out on revenge.”

“Sorry that job is taken already by Nick.” Kevin states as Nick acts surprise and playfully pushes Kevin out the way.

Nick smiles and embraces Brian, “Stay strong. Don’t let this break you. You got us, we’ll take care of it. We get to be detectives and track the sicko. This is cool man!” Nick states, making the others laugh.

“Figured Nick would find this interesting. So where should we begin searching?” Howie asks, beaming happily as Brian’s eyes clear the tears away.

“First thing, we have to be together at all times. Management already has suspicion on Brian’s motives. So if we can convince them to drop the court case, that’ll be one hurdle we’ve fixed.” Kevin states, rubbing his cousin’s shoulder gently.

“Well that’s gonna be hard to do.” Nick states, pulling on his blonde locks which lie loosely on his head.

“Na, we’ll think of something.” Howie states, giving Brian an encouraging smile.

“As for A.J.’s kidnappers, if I know anything from the way one can work. They could be coming back here to get any one of us. I mean they already have A.J. who’s worth over a million in his name. Imagine the money they could get to have all of us. They’d be set and living wonderfully with the amount we’re worth as a group.” Kevin states and continues, “Hence I decided to hire some body doubles. But not just any body doubles, I mean the men that I interviewed could defend themselves and are professionally trained to fight in martial arts. Not only that, but they look identical to us. And you thought there isn’t another Brian. Guys, I like to introduce to you, the other ‘Backstreet Boys.’ He says with a grin on his face and turns to open Howie’s hotel door.

Five men enter the room, all eerie resembling the original members in the group. Kevin stands in front of the man looking similar to him and points, “This is Canon, he’s been in the police force for over five years and has a daughter that loves our music.” At that statement, the guys all laugh and watch as Kevin introduces Sean- Nick’s double and Franklin- Howie’s body double. “Both of these guys have been trained in the martial arts and have mastered it. They work for the nation’s military camp, training soldiers at times to defend properly. As for A.J. the whole kidnapping thing is affecting the fans, so to ease their worries I hired Emmanuel- A.J.’s body double.

Nick stands there aghast, “Dag man, Kevin you weren’t kidding. They look exactly like us. This is way freaking dude!”

The body doubles chuckle softy as Kevin rolls his eyes, “Well Sean, looks like you got your job cut out for you.”

The man laughs, his sapphire eyes gleaming in laughter, “Sure do, but I’m sure I’m up to the challenge.”

“Hey, I can hear that you know!” Nick growls, a smirk forming on the side of his face.

“That’ll be quite a challenge man.” Brian states, laughing for the first time since the police investigation.

Howie breaks out laughing as Nick narrows his eyes, “Real funny Rok, ha, ha. I’m laughing.” Nick growls playfully.

Kevin continues talking, diverting the attention back to the five body doubles. “Ok and finally Brian this man will be you. Brian this is Amerian. He’s been a security guard hired from the best companies to protect celebrities. So you got the best protection around little buddy.” Kevin says smiling, patting Brian’s shoulder happily.

Brian smiles and walks over to Amerian, “Hey nice to meet you. Has anyone ever told you that you look like me?”

Amerian smiles, “Plenty of times. Which is why when I heard your friend Kevin was looking for security that had to resemble them, I thought this could be my chance to really be a Backstreet Boy.”

Brian smiles, “Cool, wow. So Kev. We’re off to do this right?”

Kevin nods his head knowing Brian wanted to find A.J.’s kidnappers as soon as possible. The faster the better and Brian can clear his name off of management.

“Well guys.” Kevin talks to the body doubles, “We have to do some stuff, but you guys have to go meet the label, they’re gonna send you on an interview. They’ll give you the answers to what we said of the given questions, so have fun and be safe.” And with that Kevin, Howie, Nick and Brian leave the suite as the five men followed them behind them.

Amerian smiles and crosses his fingers behind his back. He was in and now he has close access to the group, ‘Oh Alena. You lost out.’ He thinks to himself as he follows the other look-a-like security men out the door.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**