- Text Size +
A/N: Hey guys I’m back with the new stuff for this story. You all know the deal, leave a review and make me smile! Thanks so much for reading you guys and supporting the story! J

“A Broken Soul”

**~Chapter Seven~**

He opens his eyes slowly as he adjusts to the bright morning light pouring into the small glass window. He tilts his head to the side and stares around the bedroom he is being held in. His body was exhausted and still healing from the earlier incident of the stabbing back at the hotel. He wanted to fight, and he did when the guards got him and dragged him to the place he’s at. But it only got him in more trouble when Alena talked with him. It seemed Alena truly believed she dated A.J. somewhere in the past. A.J. knew fully well that the woman was just imagining it, he never seen that woman before in his life and he never forgets a face. The only word that could capture Alena’s attitude is ‘psycho’ but that was just an understatement for him. He feels his legs cramped in the same position: he wanted to get up and stretch but that was impossible with the wound on his side throbbing painfully. After the three hour van trip, Alena and the remaining guard had met up with other burly armed men who had taken A.J. to a small one story house and locked him in a bedroom. A.J. recalled that after getting placed in the room, Alena in her many conniving ways tried to persuade A.J. that they had history. A.J. had recalled telling her that he didn’t remember them ever being together.

“I’m sorry I don’t know you. I’ve never seen you before until today.” A.J. had stated causing the young woman to get upset.

Her blonde locks lie wildly around her shoulders as she had reached for a small blade waving it rapidly in front of his face, “Tell me why I shouldn’t cut you up now for what you said?!” She yells shrilly, her blue green eyes wide open for vengeance.

A.J. gulps thinking about the trouble that minor argument lead to: Alena had him tied to the bed- with his arms cuffed to the dark mahogany headboard and his feet tied to the foot board. “There. So you won’t go anywhere. You better not give me any more problems. I’ll give you time to remember cause you’re probably nervous or scared and can’t remember right.” She growled after she had one of the guards tie A.J. up on the bed.

A.J. at this point was furious, his eyes narrow at her as she had left the room, locking the wooden door behind her. Now A.J. was stuck on the rough small twin size bed tied tightly and unable to move. His head turns as the bedroom door opens to see Alena slide into the room. The corners of her eyes smile at him as she carries a small bowl towards him. The soft chicken and turkey scent whiffed passed him as she places the bowl full of soup on the night stand besides him on the bed.

“I thought you would be hungry. So I made you some soup.” Alena whispers as she sits gently on the corner of the bed, cupping her hands around his face.

A.J. glares at her as she shakes her head and pointer finger at him, “Behave or I won’t let you go.”

A.J. wanted answers and he figured if he was to get them that he’ll play along with her and try to get out of the house as fast as he can. “Hey baby listen. Look, why don’t you tell me exactly why you’re so mad at me? What did I do to you that made you go through all this? Why kidnap me?”

Alena smiles and breaks into a fit of giggles, “Oh Mclean, you never lost that humor of yours. You want me to spoil the whole thing, well remember when we talked?” She asked, batting her light eyes at him.

A.J. stares at her confused, “When we talked, where in the van?”

“No silly.” She giggles, “When you got mad at me that I wanted to get your autograph. You said you were in a rush and ran passed me to get in the van with the other members of the group.”

A.J. gulps and as the thought that this woman was a complete psycho egged him on to finding why she would go through with such a plan, “When was this?”

She smiles, “Two months ago, when you guys had a performance in New Jersey. I was waiting backstage with some fans and you ran pass me like you didn’t even know who I was to you.”

A.J. smirks and asks her to continue on with the story.

Alena sighs and her face was downcast, “Alex, all I wanted was your autograph and a picture with you. But you didn’t pay attention to me. Didn’t even look at me once while back there. It was like I was invisible to you and I meant nothing to you.”

A.J. gulps and trying to find more data, asks her a question: “So we never dated then right?”

The woman smiles, “Almost. At least I like to think we did while you were at New Jersey. We shared a kiss, you even held my hands when we walked on the boardwalk to the beach. You took me to dinner and everything. You’re a great romantic whether you deny it or not. But Alex, I know I meant something to you cause you wouldn’t have found time to do that with me unless you loved me.”

Suddenly something clicked in A.J. head, he lets out a deep breath and nods his head recalling the time he spend with a young woman at a beach side and dining her. But then A.J.’s head snaps up, looking at Alena directly into her eyes, “Sweetie, I did do that with a woman, but she is my girlfriend and she’s a brunette, not a blonde. Maybe you should get your story straight before trying to pull that over my eyes.”

Alena growls and stands up pointing her finger at him, “That could have been me if you just looked back when I called you! But you were too busy and didn’t even turn to look at me when all I wanted was a picture from you!” She screams, her blue green eyes clouded with unshed tears.

A.J. nibbles on his lower lip and shrinks back as Alena leans over the bed above him, her blond tresses tickling A.J’s tan cheeks. She smirks and pulls out of her pocket a small blade, the metal glowing in the soft sunlight from the window.

A.J. sucked in air as he watches Alena trace the tip of the sharp blade over his chin gently, never cutting him but enough to scare him senseless. His eyes wide open in fear, watch Alena smile and blow him a kiss. Suddenly the door to the room is opened and a burly guard enters it, surprising Alena who was almost draped over A.J. like a blanket. She moves her long legs away from the bed and stands up regal, glaring at the guard.

The guard more embarrassed than poor A.J. was, stutters out an apology and backs away from the doorway. It seems Alena didn’t accept the apology and throws her small sharp blade at the guard like a true professional. The blade swiftly slices through the air and slams directly into the man’s chest.

The muscular guard stands traumatized as the small blade cuts into his chest cavity and lies lunged into his left heart valve. There was silence in the room for that one moment as the guard slams into the wooden floor dead on the spot. A small trickle of blood flows gently out, staining the red wood planks. A.J. watches in pure dismay as he whispers out a profanity.

“Oh God, what did you do to this man?” A.J. whispers loudly, his voice shaken up a little from what he just witnessed.

Alena turns to look at him and smiles, “Kill him. He interrupted me from what I had planned for you. But looks like I got to clean up now, don’t I? I’ll be back and we can continue our conversation. Don’t scream, cause I might have to hurt you too if you do.” And she walks out the room, leaving A.J. and dead guard in the room.

“What a wench.” A..J. states as she disappears out the room.

A.J. swallows hard and stares at the dead corpse before him, “Please God, get me out here! The woman is a psycho. Please let me out of here. I don’t know how long I can take hearing how crazy she is.” A.J. stares out the window and waits for his prayer to be answered, hopefully it will be soon.
~*~

Jeremiah splashes some cold water through his black curls and face and stares at the bathroom mirror. He was pleased that Amerian managed to get into the security forces for the celebrities. American had called him a few minutes ago, excited about he was officially one of guys double and guard. He could still hear how enthusiastic Amerian’s voice was and that brought a smile on his face. Jeremiah grabs a towel and wipes his face dry with it. Flinging the small wet towel over to the fully dressed bed, he grabs his black leather jacket and makes his way out the door. He had to watch out for Alena’s groupies and such and contact Amerian if he sees anyone of Alena’s people. He leaves the building and leans on the wall waiting for Amerian to appear. He smiles and checks his watch, “Right on time my boy.” He whispers and watches Amerian and Brian talking about something before separating and heading in opposite directions.

Jeremiah watches American wink towards his direction and gives him the signal to watch the back part of the hotel. Jeremiah knew Amerian had to play off the part as being one of the members of the vocal group and was told from Amerian himself on the phone before hand that he was going to a radio show with the other body doubles to clear up some rumors. Jeremiah watches as American and four other body doubles board a black Cherokee with tinted windows and drive off down to a highway. “Good luck Am. You’ll need it.” And he fingers his silver pistol protectively as he watches the four members of the group walking with an officer down the street. He gulps and watches the group disappear out of his view when they turn a corner. Rolling his dark eyes, Jeremiah follows up: watching their every move hoping to catch what they are up to.
~*~

“Is it just me or do I feel like we’re being followed?” Nick mumbles as he turns his head around the park and down the street.

“Na, it’s just you.” Brian teased, poking Nick on the ribs, “Or maybe it’s a fan.”

Nick rolls his eyes and listens to the conversation between with Kevin and Howie.

“Ok, not for nothing, but I’m not sure what to think of those body doubles you hired for us Kev.” Howie states as a friendly officer talks with Nick and Brian about something.

“Look, I did research on these men. They’re the real deal. I mean I wouldn’t hire anyone that would place us in danger Howie.” Kevin remarks, his bright emerald eyes shining in the sunlight.

“Kevin is right, he wouldn’t do that to us even if he was mad at us.” Grins Nick mischievously.

Howie smiles, “I guess you’re right. Maybe I’m overreacting.”

“Overreacting is not the word, try freaking out D.” Nick whispers, eyeing Howie through the corner of his eye.

Howie sighs and grumbles, “Oh sure, so you’re telling me that having someone that looks identical to you and is using your identity doesn’t bother you one bit.”

“If it means my life then no, it doesn’t bother me. I want to feel protected and not think that I’m gonna get shot down or something cause of who I am.” Nick states confidently, his azure eyes glittering in the morning light.

Kevin looks at Howie and nods his head, “I know it’s a bit weird to have people using our identity, but it has come down to this point because of A.J. And it’ll continue to be this way even after we find him.”

“The question is when we will find him.” Brian interjects upon the conversation. “The officer told me that he has taken full initiative on capturing the mastermind behind all this mess. The fingerprints founds on the walls that were mine were devised by someone, it seems whoever it was, took an item that held my prints and was later wiped off carefully and use to frame me at the shooting in St. Ann’s. The officer said the fingerprints of mine was backwards, meaning someone took the original with mine and stuck it on something giving it the backwards impression on the doorway at the hospital.”

Kevin nods his head thoughtfully, “Well whoever it coming up with the scheme thought it out pretty good. We’re down a member and the evidence is leading and making us blame one another. So if this is what the sicko planned, he planned it out effectively.”

Nick finds an empty park bench and slumps down into it, watching the birds flutter about the trees in the early chilly spring morning. “Wonder what A.J. is doing right now?” He whispers sadly, his blonde spikes blowing in the breeze.
~*~

“Come on. Just a taste for me please, Ajey Wagey.” Alena whispers seductively at the man. A.J. turns his head at the cold spoonful of chicken soup.

“I’m not hungry.” A.J. growled, as he hears Alena let out a big sigh.

“Look, I’ll make a deal with you. You eat the soup and I’ll untie you for a bit. You can walk around the room and not leave. I’ll leave a guard here and you can use the bathroom and such. And if you behave, I’ll let you make one phone call.”

“What the hell is this? A jail? Since when do I have to the chance to make one call?” A.J. seethe, the anger burning in his eyes.

Alena smiles gently and places the metal soup back into the bowl. “I’m trying my best to be nice to you. Don’t let me have to do what I did to my past two guards. They’re dead and I won’t hesitate with you either. Plus you’re worth hundreds of thousands of dollars alive, just imagine how much more when you’re dead.”

That statement shut A.J.’s mouth as he places a fake smile and leans his head near the bowl of soup opening his mouth. Alena smiles and pats his unruly brown and black hair, “That’s a good boy. Now where were we?” She lifts the spoonful of soup and places it in A.J’s mouth as he pretends to smile all the while the anger and rage burning within him.

His thoughts were elsewhere, he wanted to get out of here, wherever this ‘here’ was in the house and be back with his friends and family. He wanted to see the ones that really love him, not for his fame or money. But for now, he’ll have to deal with an obsessed fan and try to play with her mind games in hopes that he can still be alive to tell it to his friends.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**