- Text Size +
A/N: Welcome back peeps to another chapter of this story, *giggles* I feel that I should give you guys my readers a gift of my new chapter! So enjoy and take care my people!

“A Broken Soul”

**~Chapter Eight~**

The man ruffles through a stash of papers and folders piled on his desk. Sighing, he leans back on the chair frustrated and shakes his head annoyed. He eyes the four men in front of him. “Ok, so you want me to help your friend out here to prove his innocence?”

He looks to see Howie, Kevin, Nick and Brian nod their heads in unison. “Well before I can take up this job, how much are we talking here?” the man states, leaning forward, his dark chocolate face scrawled with a smirk.

Kevin lets out a deep breathe and frustrated, jots down a large number on a small sheet of paper, handing it to the man.

The man quickly scans his eyes over the large figure jotted on the paper and smiles, breaking into a laugh. “Man, this is crazy! You know what I can do with this amount! I can live a life I always imagine it to be with this dinero!” He says happily, waving the paper in front of his face and letting it go as it floats in the air before gently drifting to the sticky tiles.

“So you’re in then right, Dominick.” Kevin whispers loudly, his emerald eyes open in suspense.

Dominick nods his head and throws his hands in the air, “Yeah man, no doubt. I mean what are friends for right?”

Brian sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes, “Friends?! Ha, just a minute ago you weren’t interested in this case. Wonder what could have changed your mind?” He states, stressing the last word in the sentence.

Dominick rolls his eyes, “Hey, get in check Littrel. Money talks. And you have a lot of that.”

Nick sighs loudly and flings his arms in the air angrily, “Figured. It’s always about money. Hey Howie man, I thought this guy was your friend? What’s the deal with him?”

Howie forces a smile and glares at Nick, “Nick we can talk about this when we leave. It’s rude to talk about a person in front of their face.”

“Oh no, no. Go right ahead. I’m interested to know what whitey has to say.” Dominick states gladly, leaning back on his black recliner office chair.

Nick growls and glares at Howie before standing up and making his way to leave the door.

“Nick! Take a seat! We’re not done here.” Kevin states annoyed, watching as the tall blonde grabs the vacant seat besides Howie and sits down grumbling under his breathe.

Brian sighs and clenches the arms of his chair, “Um, so you’re good at this right? Cause this is some serious junk I’m in. Our management is attempting to take me to court and if they do this, I can be found guilty under false premises!” His voice raised a bit loud at the end of the statement.

Howie places a comforting hand on Brian’s arm in hopes to calm his friend down. “Look, Dominick- I hope you take this seriously. My friend needs a way out of this and if management goes to court, we’re doomed.”

Laughter filters the room as Dominick chuckles softly, “Aight, aight, enough already. I’m in. As a representative of you guys I got your back. I’ll make sure Rok won’t see the light of a jail cell.”

“Great!” Kevin shouts gleefully as he shakes hands with the man and makes his way towards the door.

Brian smiles and states a thank you before leaving the small stuffy office room. Howie takes a deep breathe and thanks Dominick for his help before leaving the office. Nick smirks at the man and rolls his eyes.

Dominick smiles and gives Nick a quick nod as they exit the room. Nick, the last to step out, closes the door and Dominick sighs and leans back on the seat, staring at the job at hand. ‘Man how the hell am I gonna do this?’ He asks, running his large dark palm over his neatly shaven head. Sighing deeply, he closes his eyes and rubs his temples hoping to find a way to get Brian out of trouble waters.
~*~

The black trailblazer pulls up to the radio station, stopping in front of the driveway away from fans. The driver turns back to see the five body doubles and gasp in surprise for the first time, taking a good look at them. “Damn! Where Kevin found you guys? You look like the real deal! You’re not right?” The driver states, lowering his black shades peering at the five men.

Canon laughs and shakes his head, his emerald eyes locking at the stun driver’s face, “Don’t worry Joe. We ain’t them. So is this the radio place?”

The driver nods his face, “Yeah. You’ll have to enter through this way. If the fans see ya, they might wanna get a piece of ya!”

Emmanuel laughs, his dark eyes gleaming mischievously as he traces with his pointer finger the outline of the traced tattoos down his arms, “Hey I wouldn’t mind that.”

Joe the driver shakes his head mystifies, “Man you even have the attitude down. Hey speaking of A.J. do you guys get any new data about his whereabouts?”

The five all shake their heads as they get off the van making their way to the back door of the building where the radio station is at. A guard smiles and nods his head as the five men walk pass him into the doorway. The driver exits the van and pats the guard’s arm, “You know, not for nothing, but they have me fooled. These guys studied our Boys movements and everything. It’s a little disturbing for me.”

The burly guard stifles a laugh as he closes the door behind him following the ‘Boys’ to the radio station lobby. They reach a wide doorway and pass by the glass panes to see a D.J. talking on air about some entertainment news. As the ‘Boys’ enter the radio room, the D.J. smiles and gives them a thumbs up. The five nod their heads and they take a seat across from the D.J., watching and waiting for the D.J. to introduce them. The D.J. takes off his headphones as the red on air blinks off. “Hey guys! Great you’re here! We can get started! Fans have waiting here for the longest and the phone lines are full of questions for you.”

Amerian smiles and rubs his hands as he gazes at the other men besides him. Franklin- Howie’s double- looks around the station, examining every aspect of the room with interest.

Franklin leans over to Amerian and whispers that if anyone was out to get them, that they’re ready to fight. Franklin places his hands under the table in front of them and shows Amerian the small black pistol tucked on the side of his socks and inside the cuffs of his jacket. Amerian laughs and gives Franklin a high five gleefully.

“Alright guys, we’re on air in three, two, one. Hey everyone, welcome back to the power station, giving you the music you wanna hear. I’m here with some special guests and if you haven’t figured out who it is, maybe the fans outside will tell ya.” The D.J. states, speaking into a mic and smiling at the guys. “Alright, now let’s take the first caller for our special guests. Alright Heidie- guess what? You’re on the air- what’s your question?”

A young teenage girl voices filters the air in the station as she states she is a huge Backstreet fan and had asked if A.J. is feeling better. Emmanuel- A.J.’s double leans forward on the small mic in front of him and speaks, “Hey sweetie thanks so much for caring about me. I’m doing great, I had a flu and I was down for about a couple of days. It was pretty bad, I was in the hospital and everything. But I’m healed and I’m feeling on top of the world.”

The caller giggles and screams out in the phone how much she loves the group and hangs up. The D.J. smiles and takes another call for the guys. Amerian frowns and taps his feet impatiently. This was taking too much of his precious time, he knew Alena must be having a good riot out of this one, but he smiles thinking of the possibility that Jeremiah will capture and leer the Boys to get caught.

“Hey Brian, this next question is for you.” The D.J. states, taking another call. Amerian takes a deep breath and frowns as a giggling girl asks a question about Brian’s child.

Amerian feels the stares of the other four doubles, as they wait for his response. Amerian swallows hard and clears his throat before answering, “Oh he’s doing just fine. Thanks for caring. He’s at home right now as we speak sleeping, I’m sure of it. I mean the child is weird- he’s up in the night and by day he sleeps. So you can imagine how much sleep I get now.” The girl giggles at this statement and the D.J. takes another caller.

Amerian stares at Sean- Nick’s double and narrows his eyes at the young man. It seemed he recognized this man from before. As if he had seen the guy before. Once the red light on-air goes off, Amerian whispers over at Sean, not noting that the red on air light turned back on again.

“Yo, I’ve seen you before. Where did you work at before this?” Amerian states, blowing up their spot in front of the confused D.J. Sean snaps his head around quickly, glaring at Amerian.

“Rok, what are you talking about?” Sean states, his teeth clenched together tightly, hoping to maintain the identify they’re in and not confuse the poor D.J. who is asking if everything is ok.

Amerian closes his mouth and shakes his head, “Oh nothing. Sorry I was thinking out loud. I guess I’m hanging around you too much eh, Nick.” Amerian states, smiling, his azure eyes smiling playfully at the others.

Canon shakes his head disappointingly and sucks in a deep breath, “It’s fine, just be carefully B. Ok?” His emerald eyes locked tightly on Amerian.

Amerian smiles and nods his head, faking the southern accent the young backstreet boy has, “I will cuz.” And he apologizes to the confused D.J. who was watching them wearily. “So who’s the next caller? I’m excited about taking calls, these guys make us who we are. We have the best fans around!”

The D.J. clasps his hands and gets distracted pushing some buttons above him as he takes calls in. Amerian could feel the eyes of the other four on him, boring into his flesh. Amerian cursed himself under his breath and knew that simple mistake could have cost him his new job and could have screwed up getting close to the Boys. He sighs and leans back on the wooden chair eyeing the guys carefully. He knew he would have a lot of explaining to do when he leaves the radio station and begins thinking of a reliable excuse as to why he ask what he ask to Sean.
~*~

Jeremiah growls as he hears a busy signal on Amerian’s cell. “Come on Am. You gotta pick up. Who are you talking too?” He whispers, scanning his eyes around the hotel suite he’s in. Suddenly the phone line cleared and he hears the phone ring twice before Amerian picks up.

“Yo, what took you so long?” Jeremiah hissed angrily.

Amerian laughs and responses, “Hey man, chill out. I had a tough day, trying to fool the media that I’m Brian.”

“I heard of the mistake you made on the radio. You had asked one of guys about if you seen him before hand.” Jeremiah states.

Amerian rolls his eyes and mutters in the phone, “Damn, you could hear that on the radio?! Geez, I screwed up then. If Alena is listening to the radio, she might have caught on.”

Jeremiah laughs, “Doubt that. Hey listen, I found out where Alena is holding the missing member of the group. It’s about twenty miles down into New Jersey, nearby the old amusement park. She rented out a building that used to reside close to the ocean. It seems the guy is doing well. She isn’t treating him badly, at least not yet.”

“That woman needs help. If she believes she can persuade him or just anyone in general about how they should feel about her, she needs to get her head checked.” Amerian states.

Jeremiah laughs, “Hey man, that’s your girl you talking about.”

“Was my girl. Get it correct. She’s too moody. Maybe when she mellows down, we can get back together. But I ain’t losing this bet to her. What do you have on the Boys there?” Amerian states.

Jeremiah smirked, “They met up with a friend of theirs. I think the guy could be a lawyer for them or something. Anyways, I couldn’t get into the building, one needed a freaking reservation to get in the stupid place. So I don’t know what happened in there.” He states, running his tan caramel fingers through his black curls.

Amerian sighs, “That’s alright, don’t stress it. Look, I gotta let you go, Brian has to meet fans and sign autographs.”

Jeremiah laughs, “You’re gonna sign an autograph?”

“Yeah man. Shut up. I can sign like the guy, it’s not like the girls can tell anyway. So I’ll call ya later.” Amerian states, hanging up his cell.

Jeremiah smiles and lies back on the bed, his head propped up on a pillow, staring at the window in the room, he chuckles and closes his eyes for a small nap.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**