- Text Size +
A/N: *whistles* Well due to problems not under my control- eg. Absolutechaos under changes and such, I’m sure you can all relate to why I was delayed. But here it is, the next chapter, enjoy and if you can leave review, it’s always wonderful to hear what you readers liked or not.

“A Broken Soul”

**~Chapter Nine~**

Dominick hangs up the phone and lets out a loud sigh, gazing around in his living room. He was frustrated with the lack of results he got on the case. The day for Brian’s court date was approaching fast and he was without a possible suspect list. He rubs his large dark chocolate hands over his face as he settles back on his plush white sofa. His wife sticks her head in the living room threshold, her long raven curls toppling over her bare cinnamon shoulders.

“Domi, honey, why did you bring this case home? You haven’t been sleeping well and I see you getting stressed over this whole case. If it’s too difficult for you to handle, maybe you can call Randy for help.” Monique states in her thick Trinidadian accent, hoping to cease her husband’s stress.

“Bought it home cause lives depend on it. I don’t need Randy’s help. I’m perfectly capable of solving this case without that man’s help. Besides, I’m the one the group hired not Randy.” Dominick states softly, a hint of anger tinges the statement as he rolls his eyes to stare at the wall painting, one of his friends gave him on his promotion at the office. Randy considered one of the top-notch officers is one of the best detectives around in the industry, so it was only logical Monique thought of him to help out the case.

He feels his wife’s weight at the other end of the sofa as her small figure curls herself up next to him, lying her head down on his chest. “Domi, I know you’re not suppose to talk about your case when you’re here at home, but I wanna know. Maybe I can ease your discomfort.” She whispers gently, circling her long arms around his neck, shifting her position so that she is sitting besides him with her legs tucked under her.

Dominick smiles, his dark eyes roaming his beautiful wife’s body, “I must be a lucky man to be married to an angel like you.” He whispers, changing the topic immediately as he wraps both his arms around Monique’s curves and pulling her to him. She smiles and places her fingers over his lips.

“You’re not gonna tell me right?” Monique asks seductively.

He shakes his head as he hears his wife sighing and watch her place her head on his lap. “I love you.” He says gently in her ear.

She giggles and closes her eyes, whispering the same back to him.

His eyes divert immediately to see what looked like one of the members of the group he’s working for creeping in the backyard. “What the… Brian?” He whispers as he lifts his wife’s head off his lap gently.

Monique stands up startled and looks around, “I’m calling the cops ok.” She states before she runs off, towards the entertainment area of the house.

Dominick nods his head, “Yeah you do that. I’ll check out who’s sneaking out in the yard.” He whispers loudly and rushes out the backdoor scanning for the intruder in his yard. After searching and not finding anyone, he makes his way back into the house only to be greeted by the horrid screams of his wife. Dominick rushes inside the house and makes his way over to the entertainment area where his wife went to make a call. He enters the room to see his wife standing with her arms in the air as the intruder- the one with sandy blonde hair and azure eyes, points a silver pistol towards Monique’s direction.

Dominick gasps, “Hold up! Aren’t you the one with the problems? What the hell do you think you’re doing here with a gun? I’ll have you arrested for trespassing and weapon possession.”

Amerian smiles and shakes his head, “No you won’t. I heard through the grape vine that you’re helping out my buddies on the case. Thanks for nothing. The case is still on and it looks like Bri- uh I might be found guilty.”

Dominick takes notice of the minor mistake the man makes in his sentence and raises his arms in the air in hopes that this intruder won’t be tempted to shoot. “Put the gun down and we’ll talk about this more. Man to man.”

Amerian smirks and pulls the trigger on the gun: in a matter of nanoseconds, Monique let out a blood-curling scream before the single bullet pierces her neck, sending her to collapse on the beige carpet.

Dominick watches in pure horror as his wife crashes onto the floor, a small trickle of crimson blood drips, staining the carpet. Dominck feels anger and overwhelming rage consume him as he races over to Amerian, but Amerian was too fast for him and pulls the gun again never missing a shot. Dominick in his fury: never noticed the bullet racing towards his forehead, until it was too late. Dominick stands there numbed, as his eyes stare blankly at Amerian. His arms fall listlessly on his side as he whispers his last words, “Damn you. You won’t get away with this.” And with that, Dominick crashes onto the floor dead, the blood rolling down the side of his face heavily as the open wound on his forehead reflect the death.

“I already did.” Amerian states cockily and flips the pistol onto his belt, clipping it and exiting the house with a smile on his face.
~*~

A.J. sighs and rubs his wrists tiredly. His ears perk up when he hears Alena’s footsteps approach the dining room. It’s been about two days since his kidnapping and he was worried out of his mind fearing that group must be freaking out without hearing about him. Alena’s sapphire eyes glitter in glee as she enters the homely dining room grabbing a seat besides A.J.

“Well you’re happy, can I know?” A.J asks nicely, smiling at her. It was strange for all this that is occurring, he felt or least appeared calm. He thought of what it would feel like to be kidnapped, but he never thought he would be treated like royalty. It seemed, Alena, after her pass mistake killing a guard, she wanted to make it up to A.J. in any way she can.

“It seems my boyfr- err, guy friend is trying to pass off as one of your buddies from the group.” Alena says.

A.J. narrows his eyes, “Which guy?” He needed to solve this problem, thinking of the group, he realized how much he missed the guys, all except Brian who must be sick in the mind to try to kill him. He still held some resentment for Brian though if Brian would apologize, A.J. would immediately forgive him. No matter what, A.J. looked up to Brian and somehow something inside him told him there has to be a reason why Brian tried to hurt him.

“What’s running through your mind buttercup?” Alena whispers, twirling her honeysuckle locks with her pale snowy fingers.

A.J. cringes trying to adjust to the names the woman calls him. It disturbed him a bit, but whatever would keep the woman calm, he would deal with it. He would hate to get her upset cause she wastes no time in killing someone. His dark chocolate eyes scan the two entryways of the dining room guarded by a couple of burly armed guards. He wanted to get out, but he feared he would get shot or worse die trying to leave. He was trying to concoct a plan to evacuate this place where he was being held.

A.J. narrows his eyes and runs his cinnamon fingers down his black goatee, “Hey you said if I listen to you, you would allow me to make a call.”

Alena rolls her eyes as she pats his cheek roughly, “Alex, sweetie, you’re right. You’ve been behaving and you deserve a call. But since I know how conniving you can be, how about you give me the number and I’ll dial it. If it’s not the police or some detective, I’ll pass it on to you.”

A.J. grumbles and grips his hands tightly around the dinner plate in front of him. He hears her soft voice telling him something. “Excuse me, what did you say?”

Alena giggles and moves her seat inches away from his, “I said, how about we get this party started. There’s a king size bed in one of the rooms that hasn’t been used yet and I figured we both could break it in.” She purrs in his ears.

A.J. gulps down the food before him as he fights to hold in the laughter and possible disgust that was tickling his throat. “And how do think we could break in the bed?” He asks playing along with her sick game.

She traces her fingers down A.J’s right ear as she laughs tenderly, “There’s plenty of ways to break in the bed. I for one love the nasty on it. Why, do you have something better than that?”

A.J. nibbles on his lip as he chuckles and raises his eyebrows in surprise, “Whoa, hey wait. Hold up. I wasn’t thinking that!” Although he carried a calm attitude on the outside, inside he was breaking: his worries almost drowning him as fear of possible death nags at his chest. Faking a laugh or smile was something he was trained to do in the business, he wasn’t feeling happy at this moment that was for sure.

They both laugh awkwardly and finish eating the dinner before them. One of the guards smirks and shakes his head, watching the ‘couple’ lavish in their own company.
~*~

Howie runs down the stairwell to get the closest vacant bathroom in the hotel suite. Trying the third bathroom, he found this one was also accompanied. “I can’t believe there isn’t a bathroom in the room. I shouldn’t have to be running down stairs in the hallways to find an empty one.” He whispers annoyed as he feels his bladder close to exploding.

Emmanuel- A.J.’s double- sticks his head out the hotel door he’s staying in and laughs gently. Howie stares oddly at his suppose friend, he like the other doubles manage to not only look identical to each of the guys they are protecting but also talk like them as well. He had to thank Kevin: Howie himself was often left confused and thought many times Canon- Kevin’s double- was Kevin himself. Along with the others who’s identity threw him off as well. He noticed Canon and Sean-Nick’s double carried almost exact similar voices, which wouldn’t be a good idea to call anyone of the doubles on the phone for Howie would be too confused.

“Hey you could use mine. I’m not using it and it looks like your in desperate need of it buddy.” Emmanuel’s voice suddenly chimes into Howie’s thoughts.

Howie feeling embarrassed, whispers a “Thanks” and slides through the front door of Emmanuel’s suite, racing towards the bathroom in a hurry. After exiting the bathroom, Howie noted that Emmanuel had left the room for something. Curiosity taking over, Howie scans his coffee eyes over a desktop where an open folder lied open for exposure.

He knew he shouldn’t be nosy, but he couldn’t help himself, walking over to the desktop, he looks around the room and draws a deep breathe, hoping Emmanuel wouldn’t catch him snooping. ‘Man, what am I doing? If the guy catches me, what will I say? Oh I was walking to leave and accidentally tripped over your folder.’ Howie smirked at his idea and quickly let his eyes scroll over the writing. Howie felt his throat go dry at the new information that he read. The paper had vital data that even the Boys themselves were excluded from knowing about A.J’s kidnapping. Things weren’t adding up, Howie was tempted to take the sheet of paper in front of him and show it to the others: he was sure Kevin himself didn’t know what was on this paper. Nervously, his hand reaches for the sheet lying on top of the blue folder and pulls it up to his face. Folding it into four pieces, he tucks the paper into his beige suede jacket pocket and walks out the room nonchalantly, closing the door behind him.

When Howie turns a corner down the hallway, Jeremiah watches from a crack in a doorway, “Well, well, well. Looks like Howie couldn’t resist the temptation. Guess Amerian should know about this when he gets back from Dominick’s place. Poor, poor Dominick. He shouldn’t have helped the Boys. Tsk, tsk, tsk.” And he closes the door, locking it behind him with a grin on his face.
~*~

Brian throws the last cracker into the pond, as the brown feathered ducks gather to dine at the food floating in the crystal blue green water. He seems lost in his thoughts as the ducks quack happily over the sudden flourish of banquet that lied before them. The thoughts of A.J. took up most of his ideas as well as the court date that was rapidly approaching. He checked his cell phone and a small message poked on the screen, checking the number it was Kevin. He’ll listen to it later, right now he wasn’t in the mood to hear with anyone except the kidnapper that has taken A.J. And he doubted the kidnapper would give Brian a call any time soon.
He closes his eyes and watches the evening sun set in the sky, another day gone by and no A.J. and no close on his court case.
~*~

Kevin watches a flock of sparrows taking off from the ground. Their soft flapping passes by his window pane, his emerald eyes transfixed in their unison. The orange pink glow of the evening sun settles in the sky, the clouds ascending and separating from one another. Nibbling on his lower lip, he sighs and shakes his head: he just received word that Dominick and his wife were found dead at their home. It seemed he lost the one person who could have helped him and Brian escape the troubles their facing. He sighs knowing he would have to tell the others but not now. Right now what he needed was to take his mind off to go through with his feelings. He wondered what A.J. is doing at this point. His only hope was that A.J. was still living healthy and being treated well where ever he may be.

His suite opens and Nick steps in, with a grim expression on his face. “Kev, I have a quick question. Do you know where Brian went? I was looking for him since this afternoon and have no clue where he could have gone.”

Kevin sits up in his cushioned chair and shakes his head, “Sorry, can’t help you out there. I have no idea where he went.”

Nick nods his head and his lips whisper a “Oh” His sapphire eyes scan the glass panes watching the last sparrow flying pass the window to catch up to the others. Nick grabs a seat from a small table and drags it next to Kevin. He stares out the window with Kevin in their own silent conversation and watch a pigeon- not like the others that had flown- flutter and dive down to the ground.

“Kev, I feel like that pigeon.” Nick whispers, his blonde spikes lie messily on his head

Kevin smiles gently, “Yeah, don’t we all?” And the conversation dies as they continue staring out the window, the only thing floating in the air was a white feather from a passing pigeon.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**